BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Yeah, it’s something I’m not keen to see on here tbh. Whilst I do completely get people wanting to have the same enthusiasm at the start of every season, I can’t get there myself. Last season was a really good opportunity that we blew spectacularly and it’s taken the wind out of my sails re the club tbh.

With that being said, we also don’t want to see people calling others stupid for holding a more ‘optimistic’ view, or saying ‘if you think Mowbray is a good manager, you’re deluded’ type posts. 
Everyone has a right to their view, however much any of us disagree with said view.

Absolutely. I actually, and it might surprise some, am really looking forward to going again. But constructively, I cannot see much to be optimistic about.

• Like 2

It's hilarious but at the same time genuinely bizarre when these types always spin it back onto the fans. 

That's the fans who haven't even been allowed in the stands for over a year. Almost as stupid as the ones who crack on like covid only happened in Blackburn and our football wage bill is akin the Accrington Stanley.

Last season was exactly the same for every club and many had injury and pitch issues. A good chunk of those still out performed us over the season.

Nothing exposed the flaws in Mowbrays management like last season. Or the fact we rely on Venkys for nothing at all except their money to underwrite their and the people they employs mess.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Well said Locky lad.

This ‘older generation’ having basic standards and expectations of a professional Championship football club with billionaire owners.

They need to get real.

Not all old gits are the same. This one still has the enthusiasm I had when I was a 12 year old Nuttall Street season ticket holder. Can’t wait for the first game against dirty Leeds bastards. I won’t be boycotting. 

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Not all old gits are the same. This one still has the enthusiasm I had when I was a 12 year old Nuttall Street season ticket holder. Can’t wait for the first game against dirty Leeds bastards. I won’t be boycotting. 

Stand or Enclosure ?

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

You'd get on well with that Leeds lad that used to come on here.

• Like 1

Dear God, what planet are these kids on!?

Only lost 1 key player? I'm assuming he means Elliott with that one. So THB wasn't key for us last year? Without him we'd have had 1 fit CH! You're also assuming that AA is staying? Us realists know that there's very little chance of that.

Whilst I wouldn't describe most of these as 'key' players, there's a hell of a lot of game time to make up from last season from the likes of Holtby, Bell, Douglas, Downing, Trybull, Evans etc

• Like 2

I think the manager and team got away with alot last season, due to the lack of crowds. They were gutless and embarrassing at times. For the last however many games they were in free fall and playing like a team destined for relegation. Thankfully we had a decent start to the season or could've been much worse off. 

• Like 5

I must say that the idea that it will be a different ball game for Mowbray next season with dissenting fans making his life untenable are very naive in my opinion.

Things like this tend to happen organically and besides, it will be a very small crowd and many seem to be of the opinion that either you can't criticise anything whilst supporting the club, or that we should draw a line and start afresh this season.

• Like 1