BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Mowbray and co knew what was coming this season they are the ones who've probably pitched it.  So i think Chapman was maybe just an insurance policy signing for the sake of a body already here.

He's managed to get a few in so the loan door is now open wider than the first team door.

4 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Mowbray has now way surpassed even Steve Kean with his bullshitisms 

in regards to Chapman... "is he going to stay here and get 10 or 15 games off the bench, or is he going to go somewhere and play 30 games and hopefully score 10 goals" 

the hell drugs is this buffon on!

Glad to see that players are selected in merit. 

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Interesting (but not surprising) insight from Danny Graham on Radio Lancs.

’On the training pitch, Mowbray doesn’t work individually or as a group with the defenders’.

You would think as a former defender they are the one group he could push on his experience to them.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

’On the training pitch, Mowbray doesn’t work individually or as a group with the defenders’.

Bloody hell. Well that would explain a fair bit! Don’t tell me, Venus does that as well as everything else on and off the pitch?!

Read an interview on a Teeside publication website earlier and i think it paints the exact pic most have of TM.

Can fully understand why we are the way we are and he does what he does. Nice level headed guy he sounds for sure but bland isn't the word. 

Roy Cropper springs to mind.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Think we've seen the results of that in our defence's performance on the pitch over the past four seasons!

He's a manager who peaked well over a decade ago and while he'll probably keep us in the championship, it looks like that mid-table will be the best we can hope for. More likely, we'll slowly regress and be smack bang in a relegation battle sooner or later, rather than merely flirting with it as we did in 2018-19 and 2020-21 under his death spirals. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

Read an interview on a Teeside publication website earlier and i think it paints the exact pic most have of TM.

Can fully understand why we are the way we are and he does what he does. Nice level headed guy he sounds for sure but bland isn't the word. 

Roy Cropper springs to mind.

🤣….Thats an insult to Roy Cropper ….at least he has some grand occasional one liners….and, he tries to save the world !!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

🤣….Thats an insult to Roy Cropper ….at least he has some grand occasional one liners….and, he tries to save the world !!

Fav drink - Sparkling water

Fav band - Coldplay

Fav managers - Not hard to fathom, hes tried to copy both in recent seasons.

Yep,  i think even Roy is a bit more on the edge than that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

He is still talking about playing that way. I'm willing to bet he tries it again once he gets his loan signings in and we don't perform as we have to date.

If Mowbrays possession based football reappears, watch the crowds drop even further.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

He is still talking about playing that way. I'm willing to bet he tries it again once he gets his loan signings in and we don't perform as we have to date.

It'll return it's as sure as the rain in autumn.

Odd games fair enough, mixing up what you do at times is needed these days if you have the bods to do it. Using it as the core style and trying to force it on a squad that isn't best suited to it is complete cobblers.

Yet he wasted 2 seasons on doing just that and he is a stubborn goat. Plus it gives him license to swap and change even more. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Let's get Roy Keane in.

At least one Championship club have contacted him recently (as per the Gary Neville podcast/video) and he seems to be open to the idea of managing a Championship club. At least he's a straight-talker, which would be a welcome change.

• Like 3

On 24/08/2021 at 02:31, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Mowbray has now way surpassed even Steve Kean with his bullshitisms 

in regards to Chapman... "is he going to stay here and get 10 or 15 games off the bench, or is he going to go somewhere and play 30 games and hopefully score 10 goals" 

the hell drugs is this buffon on!

Is he going to come on, play well and then get dropped again? Only you know Tony!!

On 29/08/2021 at 01:53, Mattyblue said:

Thank God for that!

I'd have had Keane in a season or two ago when there was a bit of a budget and some experience to work with. It all needed a kick up the arse, a genuine target and less old pals acts bothering more about the players feelings.

He was the man.

Now though going with this youth policy and grow to sell they seem to have given up on everything else. Doubt he'd be the right man for that caper Mr Midtable and co are tailoring it just to suit themselves. They might have found something they are actually good at, time will tell.

As for actual ambition, it left town a long while ago i'm afraid.