BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Am I the only clown on here who reads LT comments even though I know the vast majority are going to drive me mental.

Nope - just did it. They're even having digs at Sharpe for being for suggesting there are 'discerning voices'. Has the fanbase ever been so split? How can one side be so far away from the other? I just cannot see their logic and apparently they cannot see the logic of those with opposing views. 

Many here want Sharpe to ask questions, on there they want him to leave TM and Waggott alone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why would the non playing staff be unhappy? Have there been paycuts? 

Think J*B said Waggott has stopped giving them free season tickets as part of their perks. Something they've had for many many years. That's gonna hurt morale if true.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Think J*B said Waggott has stopped giving them free season tickets as part of their perks. Something they've had for many many years. That's gonna hurt morale if true.

You cant serious lol 

Has he genuinely done that? The bloke is such a used car salesman. He’s a hawk, after every last penny he can grab, before he moves on to another place 

Seriously can’t wait until he buggers off. One in a long list of people having Venkys pants pulled down….

Or do they know?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

Not they aren't. They were proven not good enough to be a premier league squad last season and that's why they are in our division.

They are obviously one the best sides in the league but if we have any ambition or belief we can ever get promoted then of course we should be comparing ourselves to them.

West Brom may have scraped a last minute win against Peterborough but in that game it didn't look like two teams from different leagues

But the vast majority of that squad was in the PL last season and are very physical side.  

I would say them and Fulham will be top 2 unless they have very poor run of form.

I didn't see the Peterborough vs West Brom game at all so unable to comment on that game specifically 

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

I get the impression that morale is generally poor among staff.

A number of us thought Mowbray would be through the exit door in days following the home defeat to Bournemouth back in April.

Are we talking staff in the club offices, club shop, etc? cos the playing squad morale looks strong, toughness and we wont be beaten attitude. 

Its appears that the club look and spoke to different options about replacing him but they weren't interested enough from what different posters have posted recently. It will be interested to see what they did regarding Mowbray after this season and if we went on a bad run would they look to replace him and with who

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There isnt a game until next Saturday though, aside from a few snippets about the signings, would it be normal for the manager to do an interview in the first week of an international break?

You are correct there roversfan99 that the manager normally would do some in house Rovers interview. But Bayes, Sharpe and Crooke won't interview him until the Thursday before the Luton game. I'm sure they have asked the club for an interview with either Waggott or Mowbray over the lack of permanent striker signing this week but whether they get it debateable. 

Mowbray needs to get on the training ground and start working on the tactics for Luton game and keep coaching our young squad. 

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Nope - just did it. They're even having digs at Sharpe for being for suggesting there are 'discerning voices'. Has the fanbase ever been so split? How can one side be so far away from the other? I just cannot see their logic and apparently they cannot see the logic of those with opposing views. 

Many here want Sharpe to ask questions, on there they want him to leave TM and Waggott alone.

Yes, unbelievably the incredible bland Sharpe was getting pelters on the LT website earlier.

After writing a completely non judgmental piece on the transfer window he  dared to suggest in the last two or three lines that the current policy of bringing in loans and failing to tie our own players down on deals could come back to haunt us in 12  months time.

Many suggesting his articles were clickbait to get people to read them!

Quite astonishing.

I generally find his articles so boring as to be not worth reading as they're just repeating what Mowbray or Waggott have said without any independent analysis or opinion.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But the vast majority of that squad was in the PL last season and are very physical side.  

I would say them and Fulham will be top 2 unless they have very poor run of form.

My point being they were clearly not good enough to be a premier League squad as they got relegated. They have premier League experience, but that doesn't mean they are premier League quality.

Im not disputing they aren't one of the two favourites, but we are competing directly with them at the same level on merit. We certainly should be comparing ourselves with them.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why would the non playing staff be unhappy? Have there been paycuts? 

Have you ever worked in a place that is festering like a shithole, surrounded by rich kids who think you are there to shine their undersoles, and where the 'management' are deluded and dishonest to the point of criminal insanity?

Welcome to Ewood Park, a 21st Century museum featuring the ghosts of shitlists past...

Ahh, I get ye - it was irony, wasn't it? Doh!

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 1

Have we still not heard from the club about our abysmal transfer window?

I spoke to a guy who works for our club at a game this season and he said he told Waggot he wants Mowbray gone, and the response was we played good football start of season.

I don’t blame Mowbray for transfers, I heard it from Lowes agent we offered 1 million over 4 years for him. That’s not gonna be the managers doing. I agree with fans annoyed at team selections etc, but transfers is Waggot at co.

8 hours ago, Wood26 said:

I spoke to a guy who works for our club at a game this season and he said he told Waggot he wants Mowbray gone, and the response was we played good football start of season.

I don’t blame Mowbray for transfers, I heard it from Lowes agent we offered 1 million over 4 years for him. That’s not gonna be the managers doing. I agree with fans annoyed at team selections etc, but transfers is Waggot at co.

Posters on this very site have been crying out for defenders for the past 4yrs+, finally Mowbray has addressed that issue and hopefully we are now well covered in that area with better quality that we've had for a while, time will tell of course.

We sold Armstrong yes, we already have 2 £5m strikers of the books, its time for them to step up and be counted, so far they are doing.

Even with 29 goals a season Armstrong we were a million miles away from the promotion places, the club is a mid-table, neglected and now skint, Championship club, we are in no hurry to find the next Armstrong, its been a decent window under the circumstances, mid table here we come. 

Venkys out - Nothing improves until they leave the club.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Transfer window closes. Nyambe returns from a hamstring injury. Coincidence. I don't think so.

I read that his international manager confirmed the injury if that makes any difference.

Would the club and Namibia be in collusion?

13 hours ago, Hasta said:

My point being they were clearly not good enough to be a premier League squad as they got relegated. They have premier League experience, but that doesn't mean they are premier League quality.

Im not disputing they aren't one of the two favourites, but we are competing directly with them at the same level on merit. We certainly should be comparing ourselves with them.

But thats was a squad that played in the PL last season.

Yes we are competing with them in the championship but they are class above at this stage. Hopefully in the next few years this can rectify 

10 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Why would we during the international football week. Bayes, Sharpe and Crooke will be next at Ewood Park will be 9th September I believe. 

We might have got Lowe maybe if we offered the same fee as Bournemouth. is there any other names you heard we failed with on the last few days of the window? 

Do you blame Waggott, Venus and Pasha?

• Backroom

Rich Sharpe said he had reached out for comment from the club and manager about the window but hadn’t got a response.

Chaddy it’s not unreasonable to expect that the club be available for comment in the local paper outside of pre game press conferences 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Rich Sharpe said he had reached out for comment from the club and manager about the window but hadn’t got a response.

Chaddy it’s not unreasonable to expect that the club be available for comment in the local paper outside of pre game press

I don’t accept that last point. The club has a duty to its support. Keeping them informed is keeping them interested you can see all over news now networks that most clubs are in the local press whereas rovers lot are missing in action like the set of twonks they have become

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I don’t accept that last point. The club has a duty to its support. Keeping them informed is keeping them interested you can see all over news now networks that most clubs are in the local press whereas rovers lot are missing in action like the set of twonks they have become

I think we are in agreement buddy, Chaddy had said why would we hear from them but I think it’s entirely reasonable to expect to have had some word on the back of the failure to land a striker 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Chaddy it’s not unreasonable to expect that the club be available for comment in the local paper outside of pre game press conferences 

All 3 local reporters(Crooke, Sharpe and Bayes) have reached out to the club and Mowbray. 

Its Waggott that need to answer the question why a striker wasn't bought in since He and Venus are in charge of players transfer negotiations not Mowbray at the club. I would also like to know why a striker from France was flied in and was at Brockhall but the deal wasn't done. Or the deal for Jamal Lowe wasn't done or why we kept chasing Obafemi when its look unlikely he would sign here for weeks. Mowbray isn't to blame for the lack of striker signing here on the last 3 days of the transfer window. 

Mowbray will be diplomatic with his answers in the pre game press conference whilst he will be clearly unhappy at the lack of striker signing and could feel like he has been hang out to dry by this lack of striker signing. 

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Most clubs have soundbites at least on official Twitter feeds. You get little bits of club news, bits from interviews, pics of training

and you get soundbites from the club and small clips of interviews from managers or signings. 

But I don't think Waggott has ever given an interview to the Rovers TV or Ifollow. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

I disagree on the striker point and who is to blame for the failure to land one. Was it not Mowbray himself that suggested we had maybe 6 options ? Mowbray would be the one to outline vision style of play, what was expected and to outline the ambition of the club so therefore the blame lies at his feet if he failed to sell the club to a potential striker 

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

I disagree on the striker point and who is to blame for the failure to land one. Was it not Mowbray himself that suggested we had maybe 6 options ? Mowbray would be the one to outline vision style of play, what was expected and to outline the ambition of the club so therefore the blame lies at his feet if he failed to sell the club to a potential striker 

is this reply to me? 

Mowbray did say we have 5 or 6 different options but Mowbray doesn't do the transfer or player contract negotiations but its Waggott and Venus. 

Did a player not sign cos of talks with Mowbray or did Club call them off?