BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

What I am highlighting Chaddy is that Mowbray is part of the blame for failing to land a striker. His job is to speak to the player personally it’s what the manager does I accept he doesn’t do the other negotiations (he might do of course) and he most certainly sells the club and it’s ambitions.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

What I am highlighting Chaddy is that Mowbray is part of the blame for failing to land a striker. His job is to speak to the player personally it’s what the manager does I accept he doesn’t do the other negotiations (he might do of course) and he most certainly sells the club and it’s ambitions.

and what happened if its was the contract negotiations were the problem was? 

We need to know were the problem was in secure the striker signing on permanent basis

Chaddy the first thing about the transfer isn’t the money, length of contract or signing on fee it’s the particular clubs own ambition, what are the hopes and how does that player fit in to those plans. That is the managers job, to sell it. The rest is down to the legals and agents.

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 2

You cant just absolve TM from blame because you assume he has nothing to do with the negotiations. If that were the case, he could just suggest Messi and Ronaldo and leave it to the other two stooges.

All of them were responsible for bringing in players.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Chaddy the first thing about the transfer isn’t the money, length of contract or signing on fee it’s the particular clubs own ambition, what are the hopes and how does that player fit in to those plans. That is the managers job, to sell it. The rest is down to the legal sand agents.

Can you have illegal sand?

• Like 1

my guess is they're currently scouring the free agents bin looking for a striker that will accept our crappy wages. 

there are a few big and biggish name 'veteran' centre forwards out there looking for clubs, we could do with a bit more experience in the side if we could get one on a short term deal, but that doesn't fit on with the clubs "Philosophy" 🙄

they should look back at last time we got promoted! we had some very good young players coming through then as we do now but without the experience of Hughes, stig, short, berg, berkovich, grayson... we'd never have got anywhere  

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

15 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

They should look back at last time we got promoted! we had some very good young players coming through then as we do now but without the experience of Hughes, stig, short, berg, berkovich, grayson... we'd never have got anywhere  

😂

I do get your point though, Hughes, Short and Berg were invaluable in that season, and Berkovic for me was an incredible signing that helped get us over the line.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

On 03/09/2021 at 07:25, Gav said:

Posters on this very site have been crying out for defenders for the past 4yrs+, finally Mowbray has addressed that issue and hopefully we are now well covered in that area with better quality that we've had for a while, time will tell of course.

We sold Armstrong yes, we already have 2 £5m strikers of the books, its time for them to step up and be counted, so far they are doing.

Even with 29 goals a season Armstrong we were a million miles away from the promotion places, the club is a mid-table, neglected and now skint, Championship club, we are in no hurry to find the next Armstrong, its been a decent window under the circumstances, mid table here we come. 

Venkys out - Nothing improves until they leave the club.

To be fair, not even the Club have attempted to come out this time and insult everyone's intelligence by suggesting this was a good window or that it went the way they would have wanted.

58 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To be fair, not even the Club have attempted to come out this time and insult everyone's intelligence by suggesting this was a good window or that it went the way they would have wanted.

Yet...

Nothing is done with any drive here anymore it's always why bother today we'll do it tomorrow. Waggot only surfaced to try and cover his arse over Brockhall then went back under his downgrading manual. TM will just be consulting his Coldplay album with his tea and biscuits before he lets rip with his spin when the tame local media get in front of him.

All very relaxed and comfortable.

1 minute ago, windymiller7 said:

Link not working for me & can't seem to find the article by searching either? 🤷‍♂️

does`nt work for me either though i don`t need to read it to because i don`t believe a word of whatever he says,is he suddenly going to come all over kevin keegan and play attacking football,is he ****,if anything with his loan players in situ he`s likely to go back to the possesion based **** he favours

• Like 3

A reply to all.

The link was taken direct from NewsNow a screenshot of the NewsNow page is below. I found it quite amusing that when I clicked on the link it went to a page stating that their was no article, almost as if TM had gone back on his word, again. I promise exciting football he said, whoops better retract that statement fast.

Screenshot_20210904_140429_org.mozilla.firefox.thumb.jpg.cc8d2f08178fc725282fcc147c2d54b6.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, but JB says a lot of things 😉

Is that true? Obviously bad from if it is 

Yes it’s 100% true - in fact, the staff threatened a walk out at Brockhall over it, so an alternative where people can apply for tickets has been set up. Not as good as the STs they previously where issued, but at least something. 

• Like 1