BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

I posted this on Thursday and Nixon posts his story today.

I stand by my Thursday post and think the next Rovers' manager will be either Alex Neil or Chris Wilder and sooner than many on here would think. 

I was told by a PNE fan back in April  that Neil was coming to Ewood...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

I was told by a PNE fan back in April  that Neil was coming to Ewood...

A relative with good PNE connections has been flagging this possibility with me for the last 8/9 months.

There would be no compensation now as he's out of work and where he lives, he's just a short 15/20 minute drive from Brockhall.

I understand Wilder was sounded out some time ago but thought there were bigger fish in the sea than Rovers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A relative with good PNE connections has been flagging this possibility with me for the last 8/9 months.

There would be no compensation now as he's out of work and where he lives, he's just a short 15/20 minute drive from Brockhall.

I understand Wilder was sounded out some time ago but thought there were bigger fish in the sea than Rovers.

Would 100% take Neil 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

All these theories about Venkys planning to sack him in the past, that budgets have been cut because they dont trust him, that he is on rocky ground etc all seem like unfounded conspiracies to me. I think there is a few people desperate to justify previous predictions of an imminent sacking.

If Venkys genuinely dont trust Mowbray, removing any investment is not a constructive method or something that can be justified, it would be counter productive. I don't think that Venkys have a strong enough interest in our football club to have such a strong opinion on Mowbray, but if they do, there is no justifying keeping him on. 

Does it not feel like Bowyer last summer recruitment in charge of Rovers to you? 

You have seen the posts on here saying that we spoke 4 different managers towards the end of last season/summer and couldn't get one to take over so they kept Mowbray on its seems. Also do you not feel that someone is blaming Mowbray for lack of permanent striker signing? 

Also thinking and looking back at Mowbray's post match interview after the Reading away game does it now not strike you that Mowbray's comments was aimed at someone trying to replace him or oust him from the Rovers manager job? 

Mowbray: We gave everything (msn.com)

Edited by chaddyrovers

42 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Would 100% take Neil 

Why? He wasn’t good enough for PNE. Sure he got Norwich promoted but didn’t TM get Boro and West Brom promoted? Chris Wilder might be a better bet unless his tactics that got Sheffield Utd promoted but ultimately got found out, makes him a “busted flush”.

Edited by roversinmyblood

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does it not feel like Bowyer last summer recruitment in charge of Rovers to you? 

You have seen the posts on here saying that we spoke 4 different managers towards the end of last season/summer and couldn't get one to take over so they kept Mowbray on its seems. Also do you not feel that someone is blaming Mowbray for lack of permanent striker signing? 

Also thinking and looking back at Mowbray's post match interview after the Reading away game does it now not strike you that Mowbray's comments was aimed at someone trying to replace him or oust him from the Rovers manager job? 

Mowbray: We gave everything (msn.com)

To be honest, im not really interested in guessing at potential conspiracy theories based on snippets of unproven gossip.

This isnt the first summer in which our negligent owners have banked in major sales without allowing us enough to be reinvested to stay competitive. Its also not the first time to which we have been regressing and have needed a managerial change that they have seemed ignorant to.

I dont think that Venkys had planned to sack Mowbray, got knocked back by a couple of people, so decided to stick with Mowbray albeit with a limited budget. I also dont think that Neil has ever been close to being appointed. 

• Like 1

It seems to me that because of FFP the Venkies back the manager for two years and if it hasn’t been successful they have to cut things back to the bare necessities for a year before give it a go again. It’s not a lack of investment their hands are tied because of FFP. Next year with a new manager he will be allowed to go for it again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be honest, im not really interested in guessing at potential conspiracy theories based on snippets of unproven gossip.

This isnt the first summer in which our negligent owners have banked in major sales without allowing us enough to be reinvested to stay competitive. Its also not the first time to which we have been regressing and have needed a managerial change that they have seemed ignorant to.

I dont think that Venkys had planned to sack Mowbray, got knocked back by a couple of people, so decided to stick with Mowbray albeit with a limited budget. I also dont think that Neil has ever been close to being appointed. 

Well why would these people posted anything they didn't believe was right and true would be my 1st point to you? 

You got the FFP problems and I would say that the backing Mowbray has got from our owners is excellent in terms of transfers fees, wages, restructuring the behind the scenes recruitment department. 

I think after watching that Mowbray's post match interview again, he sounds like a man under pressure and someone who know someone tried to replace and oust him from the job. You not agree?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well why would these people posted anything they didn't believe was right and true would be my 1st point to you? 

You got the FFP problems and I would say that the backing Mowbray has got from our owners is excellent in terms of transfers fees, wages, restructuring the behind the scenes recruitment department. 

I think after watching that Mowbray's post match interview again, he sounds like a man under pressure and someone who know someone tried to replace and oust him from the job. You not agree?

Not really. And FFP is not a blanket excuse for how they have been operated. Excellent is a very hyperbolic description and this summers extreme stripping back was not necessary to that degree for FFP purposes.

3 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Carlos Carvalhals contract out this summer at Braga and fancies a return to England. Done great things over in Portugal. Long shot probably but worth a punt. Saying that, I wanted Jokanovic and he’s not pulling up any trees at Sheff U.

I've always liked him. Can't be any worse.

27 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Why? He wasn’t good enough for PNE. Sure he got Norwich promoted but didn’t TM get Boro and West Brom promoted? Chris Wilder might be a better bet unless his tactics that got Sheffield Utd promoted but ultimately got found out, makes him a “busted flush”.

Mowbray got sacked at Boro for going nowhere under sliding crowds and fans ready to turn.

If Mowbray goes why not give Neil a go ?  He's out performed Mowbray with far less and his team have beaten ours. Shouldn't cost the earth if it didn't work out.

There's worse out there for sure.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And plenty of clubs haven't allowed their players to travel like Newcastle haven't. 

Fifa should have come up with a proper solution to it all weeks ago

Chaddy we can go on like this all day.  Yes, Newcastle haven’t, but Aston Villa did.

FIFA should have come up with a proper solution but didn’t.  It is therefore for individual club’s management to decide.  We, Rovers made the wrong call because it will cost very dearly in the longer term but like I said before this management team are simply not up to it.  End of story.

2 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Chaddy we can go on like this all day.  Yes, Newcastle haven’t, but Aston Villa did.

FIFA should have come up with a proper solution but didn’t.  It is therefore for individual club’s management to decide.  We, Rovers made the wrong call because it will cost very dearly in the longer term but like I said before this management team are simply not up to it.  End of story.

Actually Rovers made the absolutely correct call

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Just look at the mess that happened in the Argentina vs Brazil game where the game was stop 6 mins by Covid health chiefs 

I don't agree. Rovers made the right decision by the club and player given what the latest information and rules from our government. 

• Like 1

If Mowbray is aware by now that a new contract won’t be offered then it places him and Rovers in a no win situation if you ask me. Where is his motivation going to come from knowing he is leaving? How does he motivate players who know he is off? How do the players respond on the pitch or training knowing a new manager is just around the corner? How does he even try to appease the split fan base?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If Mowbray is aware by now that a new contract won’t be offered then it places him and Rovers in a no win situation if you ask me. Where is his motivation going to come from knowing he is leaving? How does he motivate players who know he is off? How do the players respond on the pitch or training knowing a new manager is just around the corner? How does he even try to appease the split fan base?

In theory its called "Professionalism" but who knows?

• Like 2

Yep very tricky ground if one side wants to stay but the other wants change or vice versa.

Like i said though i think this is the wheels starting to churn leading to his new deal. Making it sound like things are up in the air is an attempt at forcing some hands imo.

Then again it is Alan 'i'll make something up' Nixon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

You are spot on. Players are the first to look for excuses and we are lining them up for the little dears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

….I’ve been asking these same questions for the past two years , little if anything to do with his contract situation.….I came to a conclusion…very simply …he doesn’t , because he can’t .

45 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

On a different (and more enjoyable) topic, just seen on breakfast tv a clip from a new series starting tonight at 9pm on BBC 2 called “Fever Pitch”

It’s about the rise of the Premier League and tonight’s program features Rovers pretty heavily. 
Looks like a good watch and a reminder of the most incredible period in Rovers history. Happy days!

Looking forward to watching it. I've seen it being advertised a few times over the last week or so. Each time I hear the words "Jack Walker meant business", it makes me proud to think of what we did and how he set us up to take on the big heads. Those were the days.

• Like 6