BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think you are being a bit naive there Gav!

Do you honestly think Neil would admit to a random Rovers' fan that he'd been sounded out particularly when the club has a manager in situ!?!?

I'm pretty certain there's more to this than meets the eye!

I think the naivety comes from the fact that after an abysmal end to the season, Mowbray is still in post. If the rumours back in April were true, said managers have been available all summer, yet we still have Mowbray at the helm?

Even allowing for 1 shared brain cell in Pune, thats a stretch Mercer, regardless of whether or not you or anyone else believes Neil was approached earlier this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I think the naivety comes from the fact that after an abysmal end to the season, Mowbray is still in post. If the rumours back in April were true, said managers have been available all summer, yet we still have Mowbray at the helm?

Even allowing for 1 shared brain cell in Pune, thats a stretch Mercer, regardless of whether or not you or anyone else believes Neil was approached earlier this year.

Penny pinching Gav?

Running down his contract?

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

See he has hit out at not getting maja done when he was in the building but has made sure to say it wasn’t the clubs fault. Think it’s safe to say he is pretty peeved at not getting deals done but doesn’t want to go all out for fear of losing his position 

Not been of this opinion until now, but I’d be surprised if he has his deal extended. I could even see them potting him mid season like they did Bowyer. Has the same feel as then, IMO.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

See he has hit out at not getting maja done when he was in the building but has made sure to say it wasn’t the clubs fault. Think it’s safe to say he is pretty peeved at not getting deals done but doesn’t want to go all out for fear of losing his position 

Genuine question as I know at times you have info that comes to pass, but is it the clubs fault?? He states the reasons weren't financial so the club have done there bit as far as I can tell. So was it HIS fault and that's why he won't go into it. I sense we are finally, hopefully reaching the end of the Mowbray reign. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Genuine question as I know at times you have info that comes to pass, but is it the clubs fault?? He states the reasons weren't financial so the club have done there bit as far as I can tell. So was it HIS fault and that's why he won't go into it. I sense we are finally, hopefully reaching the end of the Mowbray reign. 

There were rumours too that Pasha was 'personally' trying to get a deal done. Throw in Venus getting involved in stuff like this too and it goes some way to explaining the shambles that we are off the pitch.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Believe that there was concerns on both sides re bonuses and guarantees and selling club asking for things that club were unhappy with- see armstrong deal 

He said it wasn’t financial but it kind of was. 
Look at the panic to try and get some cover in to see that he isn’t happy about transfer window. 
why the hell they leave it to the last minute annoys the hell out of me, get business done early is always the sign of a well run club, which we are not 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

No mention that it was Maja. Just says a player, could be anyone. A shambles either way though and whatever the mystery reason was, as it sounds like the player was on board and convinced, it could even cost us a place in the division moving forward with such a weak attack.

It was maja. 100%. 

flew in from France with all his belongings- mowbray said that himself without naming the player 

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

It was maja. 100%. 

flew in from France with all his belongings- mowbray said that himself without naming the player 

thankyou for sharing

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Believe that there was concerns on both sides re bonuses and guarantees and selling club asking for things that club were unhappy with- see armstrong deal 

He said it wasn’t financial but it kind of was. 
Look at the panic to try and get some cover in to see that he isn’t happy about transfer window. 
why the hell they leave it to the last minute annoys the hell out of me, get business done early is always the sign of a well run club, which we are not 

I'm annoyed why we left it so late and chase Obafemi for weeks instead on moving on. 

Do you know how much we were paying? was a Permanent transfer or loan?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

No mention that it was Maja. Just says a player, could be anyone. A shambles either way though and whatever the mystery reason was, as it sounds like the player was on board and convinced, it could even cost us a place in the division moving forward with such a weak attack.

You have have Nixon said we had Maja in the building and was set to sign here. But for some unknown reasons. Then Bbrovers have said it is Maja. What more do you want? People are finding on their info to the MB. 

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can you blame him cos Maja would have very good signing. His body language says alot. Look disappointed and peeved 

Its seems someone at the club didn't want to do the deal or concern about it. 

Just read Tony's deadline day bumbling bunkum. What a load of shit. Aka lies.

Special mention for his mate Parky in case anyone thinks he is a waste of space and money. Erm....

I think I've heard it all now. Good to know he spent several hours of deadline day drinking brews and chatting about wingers to an imaginary traveller with lots of bags instead of buying a striker.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

It was maja. 100%. 

Thanks for the info. To have him in the building and still fail to seal the deal makes it all the more frustrating. Hard to say who is to blame in this case. I'm just fed up of there being another "look who we nearly signed" player to add to the catalogue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

thankyou for sharing

I'm annoyed why we left it so late and chase Obafemi for weeks instead on moving on. 

Do you know how much we were paying? was a Permanent transfer or loan?

You have have Nixon said we had Maja in the building and was set to sign here. But for some unknown reasons. Then Bbrovers have said it is Maja. What more do you want? People are finding on their info to the MB. 

Loan with a view , the view being one of the sticking points 

• Like 1

The 'deals' with the 'players' could not have all failed because of medicals.

Sometimes it's best to face up to the truth that our management are incompetent yet self serving plebs.

I expect Park to get a Nobel prize after that glowing tribute. Absolute fecking cobblers from a serial liar.

I see it took 9 days to put all those pieces of bullshit into a row.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The 'deals' with the 'players' could not have all failed because of medicals.

Sometimes it's best to face up to the truth that our management are incompetent yet self serving plebs.

I expect Park to get a Nobel prize after that glowing tribute. Absolute fecking cobblers from a serial liar.

I would be surprised if the problem was failed medicals, when we have manged to sign three unfit loans. Our medical department are not exactly on their game.

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would be surprised if the problem was failed medicals, when we have manged to sign three unfit loans. Our medical department are not exactly on their game.

Mowbray has a lot of form on being ok with signing injured players and those with known and likely recurring injuries.

Ayala being just one but a prime example.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Just more excuses and backside covering from the resident excuse maker in chief. A recurring theme here of deadline day transfer disappointment followed by a succession of reasons why things didn't get done.

To be totally honest I'm not really bothered what the truth of it is. Ultimately it doesn't matter - he could have had Ronaldo and Messi sat in his office but the deals didn't get done and so Rovers are left short, again.

I think this is as close as Mowbray has been or will be to lashing out at the owners cohorts. He's quick as usual to absolve himself and his chums of any responsibility - he did his bit (so he says) and got everything done and our 'hard working' (heard that before?) head of recruitment did his job but nobody came in. Familiar story. Boring.

Maybe it is because the owners wouldn't sanction funds. Maybe it is because they won't let Mowbray spend. Maybe it is because Mr Invisible is upsetting the Coventry boys happy camp.  I'm not really interested any more.

I used to be fascinated by the inner wranglings and would hope that this is a sign the manager's days are numbered but I don't believe it and don't even care if they are.

It is a dysfunctional mess and I am perplexed that there remain people out there who seem to believe that this sort of behaviour is normal or acceptable for a professional football club.

Like selling a 25+ goal a season striker for 8 figures then spending nothing replacing him. Not normal, not acceptable, not justifiable no matter how you want to dress it up.

What is the outcome of all these shenanigans? Well the Armstrong money disappears. Who benefits from that? Well not me, not Rovers, not the squad, not even the manager but Venkys do. Which tells me all I need to know.

The theory that Venkys are fed up with Mowbray and aren't backing him any more, waiting for his contract to run down. That again is more of a concern than a reassurance. That they are so desperate to avoid coughing up compo to get rid of him and bring in a new manager that they will happily sit back and let the club drift towards the rocks for the next 12 months, wasting another few million going nowhere and risking us being in even worse state next summer just doesn't make any sense.

How do the owners benefit from the Armstrong deal?

Pay them back for Gallagher and Brererton?Pay toward wages?

They have no clue how to run a football club but they won't be rubbing their hands together over the fact they made 9 or 10 Million on Armstrong.

This is not a post defending the owners, without a doubt they are totally clueless and agree with the majority of what you have said apart from the owners benefitting from the Armstrong sale.

Which ever way you look at it the club needs money being brought in.We had sold Raya and Nuttall previous to Armstrong.We still are not in player trading profit during Mowbrays tenure.

Also you keep saying "it's the same as every summer".Last summer 11 players were brought to the club,12 if you include Pickering.Granted 6 loans