BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can't imagine Mowbray is saying this to any players, why would he? I would say it's just a case that they have better options. We have a wage cap and we are competing with so many clubs for the same players. Plus I'm sure some players are swayed by the managers personality, but this works both ways and many players have said they have signed because of Mowbrays love for the game. 

Of course he'll say it if that's what he thinks especially if it's a player who he might not really want but just needs bodies. Then it's up to the lad himself, TM prides himself on his 'honesty'. It's well documented that other people bring in players so if the manager isn't that keen having been presented with someone i think it'll show in face to face talks.

He's already said it wasn't financial and i haven't seen that he's signed anywhere better.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Of course he'll say it if that's what he thinks especially if it's a player who he might not really want but just needs bodies. Then it's up to the lad himself, TM prides himself on his 'honesty'. It's well documented that other people bring in players so if the manager isn't that keen having been presented with someone i think it'll show in face to face talks.

He's already said it wasn't financial and i haven't seen that he's signed anywhere better.

Who is the player you're referring to? 

I just don't believe he would be telling potential new signings that loans would be starting ahead of them and that is the reason they won't sign. Its just money, club(company) culture and personality of the manager, like all jobs. 

42 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I just don't believe he would be telling potential new signings that loans would be starting ahead of them and that is the reason they won't sign. Its just money, club(company) culture and personality of the manager, like all jobs. 

I’m not so sure about that.

Mowbray is on record as telling the centre back from Charlton we were chasing, (a couple of years ago), that he wouldn’t be going straight into contention for the first team .

‘Personality’ of the manager being a factor I can agree with.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Or he's just making the whole thing up.🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maja is the one we are on about being in the building i assume. Not seen that he's joined anybody better than us though might be wrong.

From what iv'e read it was basically a done deal all set up but somewhere between him turning up to sign and deadline it's not happened.

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

I’m not so sure about that.

Mowbray is on record as telling the centre back from Charlton we were chasing, (a couple of years ago), that he wouldn’t be going straight into contention for the first team .

‘Personality’ of the manager being a factor I can agree with.

That is 100% correct as far as I’m concerned. I know a bloke who’s quite well in with nob end and he told me Bauer said at rovers if he bided his time he might get in ahead of Williams. Can’t remember the exact quote but there was no reason for this bloke to lie to me. Or I suppose Bauer to him. 

* incidentally their star man. Or at least last time I spoke to him. Ironic given our struggles for centre halves. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

That is 100% correct as far as I’m concerned. I know a bloke who’s quite well in with nob end and he told me Bauer said at rovers if he bided his time he might get in ahead of Williams. Can’t remember the exact quote but there was no reason for this bloke to lie to me. Or I suppose Bauer to him. 

* incidentally their star man. Or at least last time I spoke to him. Ironic given our struggles for centre halves. 

Ironically, Bauer cant get in the PNE team at the moment. 

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Maja is the one we are on about being in the building i assume. Not seen that he's joined anybody better than us though might be wrong.

From what iv'e read it was basically a done deal all set up but somewhere between him turning up to sign and deadline it's not happened.

Waggot moved the goal posts last minute. Maja was flown over and was “in the building” then the over the phone agreement was changed and the deal fell through! 

33 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Waggot moved the goal posts last minute. Maja was flown over and was “in the building” then the over the phone agreement was changed and the deal fell through! 

Useless if correct although so far he's been unimpressed with the managers pitch, failed a medical and pulled a strop over bonuses !

Oh, also it was all made up and he never set foot in the place, others prefer to still assume it was the owners pulling the plug.

Whatever it was it doesn't reflect well yet again, must be about the 5th in the last few windows that a range of garbled excuses have been offered for a non signing. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

If only we had a manager and management team that had been here over 4 years and  built a squad where this would not have happened instead of going on a lovely little pointless journey with plenty of U turns, eh Tony

mowbray has had nearly five season here and we are in exactly the same position we were then,if that`s not a damning indicement of a bog standard manager who has`nt any ambition left  i don`t know what is,coyle did`nt have the nous to survive,his tactics were naive at best,mowbray has inate cunning and definate survival skills added to a terrible board who hav`nt got a clue of how to run a football club

• Like 3

It’s THAT time again on a Saturday when we haven’t won….not because we don’t have the resources to do so but we have a man incapable of using these said resources. 
WHAT does it take to remove THE reason for repeated failure on and off the pitch ? 
What was today’s gate ? 
What will it be Tuesday? 
I now despise this man …..My club is not  my club anymore …

…..and , it will be THAT time again next week, and the next week….until he’s gone….wonder what that next home game gate would be ?

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

It’s THAT time again on a Saturday when we haven’t won….not because we don’t have the resources to do so but we have a man incapable of using these said resources. 
WHAT does it take to remove THE reason for repeated failure on and off the pitch ? 
What was today’s gate ? 
What will it be Tuesday? 
I now despise this man …..My club is not  my club anymore …

…..and , it will be THAT time again next week, and the next week….until he’s gone….wonder what that next home game gate would be ?

Have a drink and take care.

Mowbray's using this "togetherness" as a way forward. Instead of blasting individuals for mistakes and lack of abilities he puts his arm around individuals with the "you did your best" attitude , expecting next time out he'll get better performances. Compare this approach with what I just seen from Chelsea's Thomas Tuchel. Different league yes but Mowbray's closeness to players wont mean he'll gain respect on the pitch.

• Like 1