BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

It’s THAT time again on a Saturday when we haven’t won….not because we don’t have the resources to do so but we have a man incapable of using these said resources. 
WHAT does it take to remove THE reason for repeated failure on and off the pitch ? 
What was today’s gate ? 
What will it be Tuesday? 
I now despise this man …..My club is not  my club anymore …

…..and , it will be THAT time again next week, and the next week….until he’s gone….wonder what that next home game gate would be ?

It'll be under 10k for sure on Tues unless they are doffing another 1000 free tickets out to kids. Or Hull bring 2k.

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Three centre halves, two full backs, two defensive midfielders… and it’s the strikers that should be stopping crosses coming in?

Well now we know why he signs crap attacking players, he’s judging them on their defensive qualities. Poorly.

Come Tuesday and Ewood could see it's lowest league game home crowd since the stadium was redeveloped some 27 years ago.A Manager who has no targets nor expectations and gives the impression he doesn't give a shiny shite either.

Simply not good enough for this Club and it's Supporters.

A slow,engineered decline and these b'stards are all in on it.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 8

One win in five now per the form guide. After what seemed like a good start upon which to build, Mowbray is already - and unsuprisingly - reverting to type.

For a whole myriad of reasons, he is simply not capable of winning football matches with any level of consistency. Every day this carries on, is another wasted day.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

One win in five now per the form guide. After what seemed like a good start upon which to build, Mowbray is already - and unsuprisingly - reverting to type.

For a whole myriad of reasons, he is simply not capable of winning football matches with any level of consistency. Every day this carries on, is another wasted day.

I fear there will be many more wasted days.

21 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Come Tuesday and Ewood could see it's lowest league game home crowd since the stadium was redeveloped some 27 years ago.

A slow,engineered decline and these b'stards are all in on it.

You're right SG.

Reminds me of decades ago. We played Exeter City at home with a gate of around 3,000. Much later, at the time when we were top of the premiership with over 30,000 at Ewood, Man City fans taunted us with the "where were you when you were .......".

Completely different circumstances but we remain BRFC. 

Mowbray constantly cops the flack, but he’s been left with a wafer thin squad and very little in terms of options off the bench. Also I don’t think it’s the first time deals have been setup then changed last minute and they’ve fallen through. There’s no way Mowbray is happy with this squad any anger should be pointed at waggott and pasha for not getting deals over the line. Should Mowbray have gone in the summer arguably yes, he didn’t and they’ve left him with a wave thin squad and he is expected to work miracles   

6 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Mowbray constantly cops the flack, but he’s been left with a wafer thin squad and very little in terms of options off the bench. Also I don’t think it’s the first time deals have been setup then changed last minute and they’ve fallen through. There’s no way Mowbray is happy with this squad any anger should be pointed at waggott and pasha for not getting deals over the line. Should Mowbray have gone in the summer arguably yes, he didn’t and they’ve left him with a wave thin squad and he is expected to work miracles   

Each to their own, but I totally disagree with your post.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I accept he was limited with what he could do due to the budget but still look at the business we did do they are all similar type players.Poveda/Dolan/Khedra... Buckley/Clarkson.Filling the squad with midgets and his comments regarding Poveda suggests he will be playing false 9.

And we have a paper thin squad due to how the money has been spent in the previous seasons, players Mowbray brought to the club.

He spends all week talking up Butterworth and then doesn't give him one minute of action when Gallagher was playing poorly.

I find it very hard to have any sympathy for him,if we had of brought in a striker he would have ended up competing for a wide striker role with Gallagher and Brererton

• Like 4

What I can't understand is Mowbrays thinking. Yesterday he took off Rothwell, who from all accounts was playing well. To be replaced by our, at best, fouth choice center-half, who we have been loaning out. I was under the impression that if you wanted to shut out a game, you leave the defence alone, shore up midfield and usual take off a striker.

Edited by rigger

36 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I accept he was limited with what he could do due to the budget but still look at the business we did do they are all similar type players.Poveda/Dolan/Khedra... Buckley/Clarkson.Filling the squad with midgets and his comments regarding Poveda suggests he will be playing false 9.

And we have a paper thin squad due to how the money has been spent in the previous seasons, players Mowbray brought to the club.

He spends all week talking up Butterworth and then doesn't give him one minute of action when Gallagher was playing poorly.

I find it very hard to have any sympathy for him,if we had of brought in a striker he would have ended up competing for a wide striker role with Gallagher and Brererton

I don’t disagree with the comments re Gallagher he was extremely poor yesterday, I’d have hooked him for Butterworth around 60 mins. Yesterday he’s got no one on the bench to come on and put their foot on the ball. Can’t blame Mowbray for the clubs inability to close deals that have been lined up 

2 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

No I’m completely blind to 12 players going and the manager not being able to recruit replacements 

Absolutely how is he meant to react to that when he has only had 4 and a bit seasons at the helm and 8(?) transfer windows? Poor chap had no chance. 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Absolutely how is he meant to react to that when he has only had 4 and a bit seasons at the helm and 8(?) transfer windows? Poor chap had no chance. 

Right so he how’s he meant to react when the clubs so incompetent it can’t close any deals ? 

15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He has though but he's recruited them in the wrong areas. He's had 2 months to find a striker.  Every other club manages it. 

Yeah they don’t have pasha and Waggott leading the negotiations. At least two strikers where identified neither got across the line, cannot blame Mowbray for that 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I don’t disagree with the comments re Gallagher he was extremely poor yesterday, I’d have hooked him for Butterworth around 60 mins. Yesterday he’s got no one on the bench to come on and put their foot on the ball. Can’t blame Mowbray for the clubs inability to close deals that have been lined up 

We would have had more of a chance getting deals over the line if we had more funds and Mowbray has had a major part in that.

It was on his recommendation we gave out contracts to the likes of Mulgrew, Bennett Evans, Smallwood etc.His decision to bring Rodwell in and Downing,Holtby etc.His decision to extend numerous players deals to finish out the season when covid first hit,players who didn't see a minute of action.

He had a good idea we would be reliant on our academy this season yet instead of blooding them in the dead rubbers at the back end of last season he decided to play the players who would be departing.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

No I’m completely blind to 12 players going and the manager not being able to recruit replacements 

11 players were brought to the club last summer another 1 added in January and we finished 15th.

Did we really need both Khedra and Poveda?Did we need to spend our only transfer fee outlay on 2 left backs?

Money gets deals over the line and from the outside looking in what little we did have to spend has been spent in wrong areas

• Like 1