BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see Mowbray being sack at this time and tbh we would be crazy to do so. Mowbray a very different manager right now then I've seen in previous season. He seems to be almost enjoying being in charge of young squad. 

You can fool some of the people, some of the time....

• Like 1

I don't lead any chants at all. But its seem that people who attends games are behind Mowbray as manager.

Now we might want a different manager at the club but Mowbray is in the place of manager until Balaji/Venkys decide to change that fact. 

Like I said previously I see a very different Mowbray compare to last season or even the season before. 

I go to Ewood and the u23 games and like 90% of fans I’ve talked to we want a change, BUT we don’t chant for his sacking, rather we get behind the boys in blue. You’re a bit naive to think that not demonstrating at the games implies approval of Mowbray.

• Like 3

I don't lead any chants at all. But its seem that people who attends games are behind Mowbray as manager.

Now we might want a different manager at the club but Mowbray is in the place of manager until Balaji/Venkys decide to change that fact. 

Like I said previously I see a very different Mowbray compare to last season or even the season before. 

I think the group supporting Mowbray is getting smaller by the game.

19 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

You can fool some of the people, some of the time....

?

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think the group supporting Mowbray is getting smaller by the game.

really? Plenty of Tony Mowbray Blue and White army chants in the last 3 games. Some fans are still behind him and willing to back him still. Thats their choice.  

Edited by chaddyrovers

34 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I genuinely cannot understand why anyone would not want to replace Mowbray.

He's spent 4 seasons going absolutely nowhere. If people are happy with at best mid-table mediocrity, then fine, fill your boots.

I'd rather we showed some ambition and took a chance on someone new, who can engage, inspire, and show a modicum of ambition.

A few early season games changes nothing. He needs to go, and the sooner the better.

cos different people have their own choices and reasons why they think that. 

Different people have different views on who the next manager should be and not. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

?

really? Plenty of Tony Mowbray Blue and White army chants on Saturday game. 

Poor performance on Saturday and Mowbray's changes made the team worse. He went defensive when our defense was already struggling whenever Barnsley came forward. The only thing stopping Barnsley coming forward was the risk of leaving our forwards. Lucky to get a point and he put the defence under more pressure than needed. Kaminski also did well.

Against Luton he did the same and we didn't do quite as well and lost 2 points.

A lot of Rovers fans have noted that not much has changed with Tony's management apart from his luck.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

?

It's a saying, @chaddyrovers

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

In other words, the fact that Mowbray has get us off to a semi-decent start, may fool some people into thinking things will change for the better. But it doesn't fool us all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

?

really? Plenty of Tony Mowbray Blue and White army chants in the last 3 games. Some fans are still behind him and willing to back him still. Thats their choice.  

As I said, some fans are behind Mowbray, but that group is getting smaller all the time

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

As I said, some fans are behind Mowbray, but that group is getting smaller all the time

There’s obviously fewer fans at Ewood generally, but with the rump that remain, I’m certainly not sensing any clamour for him to be replaced.

Edited by Mattyblue

I'd suggest that with Mowbray still in situ despite months of abject performances, a large chunk of our remaining fan base are now simply apathetic to it all.

ie we turn up as we do to watch and cheer on the team, are pleasantly suprised at the start we've had, but fully expect normal service to be resumed before too long.

• Like 3

This season i just think attending fans recognize this side is very young and needs support at all times whether good or bad.

That's the way it should be but if things went wrong for any length of time he'd be let know about it. Again that's the way it should be so any attempt at throwing kids under the bus won't last long. Neither would continually hiding behind the youthfulness of the side as he's responsible for it.

A good manager with a squad like this would take all that on his shoulders to keep it off theirs. Time will tell but so far they are collectively getting results so nobody is going to be getting on his case at the games and nor should they really.

I find it annoying he doesn't have either the bottle or faith in some players he's signed to actually try and win games sometimes. However he's probably just thinking of escaping with a point and keeping everybody off his case, whereas fans are thinking of getting up the league.

We should be used to that by now and it used to be the same under Bowyer. Although i think he was more prone to having a right good go in the last ten mins than Mowbray ever has been.  

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, roverblue said:

Well it looks like Mowbray heard us and has now sorted things out at the back and we are doing well 👍

I can understand getting at the manager when we are on a terrible run and falling down the league, I am sure all fans can.

But at the moment whether by luck or judgement he has got together a decent team that are getting results. It won't last but please enjoy it whilst it does otherwise why be a football fan in the first place.

I've always been a Rovers fan and I want the best for us. The best is not Mowbray.

If you're happy with someone who takes 4 years to start on the basics then your standards are too low for me.

Then again, you admit the good results won't last but we should be happy anyway!

Bit all over the place aren't you?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 47er said:

I've always been a Rovers fan and I want the best for us. The best is not Mowbray.

If you're happy with someone who takes 4 years to start on the basics then your standards are too low for me.

Then again, you admit the good results won't last but we should be happy anyway!

Bit all over the place aren't you?

Not at all.

If you actually read the posts and stats its been a consistent message. He was lucky to survive last season, the current form is good and to enjoy the moment.

It may come as a surprise to you but most fans actually enjoy winning games and picking up points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

cos different people have their own choices and reasons why they think that. 

Different people have different views on who the next manager should be and not. 

I'm sure in 6 months u will do a 180 degree turn and ask for mowbray's sacking. 

Paradoxically, I think Rovers' decent start, results' wise, makes Mowbray's position more vulnerable in that more would be managers out there are more inclined to step into the Ewood hot seat.

For what it's worth, I think Neill would crawl over broken glass to become our manager and I also think the Raos know this.

Decision time is here with Mowbray's contract running down!!!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

I'm sure in 6 months u will do a 180 degree turn and ask for mowbray's sacking. 

where have I asked for Mowbray to remain long term? But do you really think it would be sensible to sack him us 6th? . If results turn and we go on a bad run then sack Mowbray and bring in a new manager. 

I have said that he should have been replace last season after the Barnsley away game in February and I haven't change my mind on that. But thats doesn't stop me praising him for the start of the season and being 6th in the league after 8 games. Plus commented that he seems more motivate this season with this young squad and different from the previous 2 seasons. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

For what it's worth, I think Neill would crawl over broken glass to become our manager and I also think the Raos know this.

Why didn't take the job when he was supposedly in talks during the summer? 

also isn't it Balaji that he has to convince firstly. Not all of the family

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why didn't take the job when he was supposedly in talks during the summer? 

also isn't it Balaji that he has to convince firstly. Not all of the family

If only the Indian way of doing things was that simple...............................I'll say no more.