BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, Mercer said:

If only the Indian way of doing things was that simple...............................I'll say no more.

We see what happens in the future and whether you get your wish for him to replace Mowbray. Should be on the shortlist if we had a vacancy 

Did you see the link I posted for you in the championship thread yesterday?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We see what happens in the future and whether you get your wish for him to replace Mowbray. Should be on the shortlist if we had a vacancy 

Did you see the link I posted for you in the championship thread yesterday?

Not my wish!  Have made this clear from the start.  However, IMO, far superior to our dinosaurial incumbent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

where have I asked for Mowbray to remain long term? But do you really think it would be sensible to sack him us 6th cos I don't.

If results turn and we go on a bad run then sack Mowbray 

6 games ago you want him out, now it's not a good idea 🤷‍♂️ if we lose a few, its a good idea...🤷‍♂️👍

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Away games are a different beast, a combination of mad keen fans and those that don’t bother with Ewood.

At home, the impression I get is that the crowd is still well on his side, on the whole.

Well that is not the impression I get. I would say more along the lines of. Some of the fans still attending are behind Mowbray. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

do you get the impression that fans at home games are ready to turn on Mowbray and start chanting for him to be sack? 

I don't go to enough home games to make a judgement. But talking to people who go to home games and away games, also at U23 games, The impression that I have got is that more and more people are disenchanted with Mowbray. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't go to enough home games to make a judgement. But talking to people who go to home games and away games, also at U23 games, The impression that I have got is that more and more people are disenchanted with Mowbray. 

While from the 4 home games and 1 away games I've been to this season I don't get that impression that fans are disenchanted with Mowbray as manager from fans I've talk to and conversations I've heard. 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

i don`t get that impression at all,been to every home game bar west brom and went away to forest and barnsley,all is rosy when it comes to the mowbray appreciation,it might change when we enter our annual death spiral but at the moment he can do no wrong to most fans

To be honest, he does deserve praise for the results in the first 8 games, not giving him due credit is looking at the situation with unfair bias against him. If he was sacked, I would still welcome a change of manager but would still find it crazy even in Venkys world to do so with us sat in the top 6.

I don't think he is "throwing the kids under the bus" however I also think that talk of him being reinvigorated by the young teams is a stretch too.

The atmosphere will always somewhat be dictated by results, was ever thus. I don't think that the results will last throughout the season because in attacking positions, we don't have the quality. With only Dolan on a free intended to play for the kids and 2 heavily sponsored loanees, Mowbray could argue that he is fighting a losing battle having made such a big profit on one of his signings, but as was always going to happen, when we need to rely on 12m worth of forwards, their lack of ability to score goals will shine through.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t get that impression at all,been to every home game bar west brom and went away to forest and barnsley,all is rosy when it comes to the mowbray appreciation,it might change when we enter our annual death spiral but at the moment he can do no wrong to most fans

Obviously, we speak to different groups. I feel we should sack Mowbray, and whereas for the last few seasons I have been a lone dissenter in groups that I talk to. More and more people recently have been saying the same things, that I believe. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Obviously, we speak to different groups. I feel we should sack Mowbray, and whereas for the last few seasons I have been a lone dissenter in groups that I talk to. More and more people recently have been saying the same things, that I believe. 

personally i agree with you,id`e have relieved him of his duties after our first season back in the championship,we need a progressive manager with new ideas who can get the best out of a decent group of players,something that tony has never done imo.He is`nt getting the sack anytime soon,though i do think he`ll run his contract down and leave at the end of this season

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray could argue that he is fighting a losing battle having made such a big profit on one of his signings, but as was always going to happen, when we need to rely on 12m worth of forwards, their lack of ability to score goals will shine through.

6 goals from 8 games. Brereton has 4 goals and Gallagher has 2 goals. 

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think that the results will last throughout the season because in attacking positions, we don't have the quality. With only Dolan on a free intended to play for the kids and 2 heavily sponsored loanees,

Dolan has proved his worth since signing here and I would playing him regularly. He is a player with a big future for us going forward. 

Where would you like us improve apart from main striker signing? In the front 3/4 positions 

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

Paradoxically, I think Rovers' decent start, results' wise, makes Mowbray's position more vulnerable in that more would be managers out there are more inclined to step into the Ewood hot seat.

For what it's worth, I think Neill would crawl over broken glass to become our manager and I also think the Raos know this.

Decision time is here with Mowbray's contract running down!!!

Looks like he's preparing for his interview by attending games!

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Neil played for Barnsley from 2000-2004. Quite possibly just visiting his old stomping ground and seeing friends rather than pursuing a job. 

More likely to be Barnsley manager this season than Rovers IMO.

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

While wilder is still on the market we need to move for him

Both are one trick pony’s that were found out in the Premiership. We need a manager that can not only get us promoted but actually keep us there like Dyche at turdmoor. I’m not sure who fits the bill but maggot needs to do his homework and find the next Howard Kendall, and not cover Mowbrays arse.

2 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Both are one trick pony’s that were found out in the Premiership. We need a manager that can not only get us promoted but actually keep us there like Dyche at turdmoor. I’m not sure who fits the bill but maggot needs to do his homework and find the next Howard Kendall, and not cover Mowbrays arse.

We need a manager who can get us promoted. That's all there is to it. Dyche didn't keep Burnley up he took them back down, but was able to keep their best players and given a chance to get them back up again like Farke at Norwich.

Both Wilder and Neil have shown they are very good managers at this level and have recently won promotion from it automatically.

Wilder also kept Sheffied United in the Prem, finishing 9th which was an incredible achievement forgotten about because things unravelled the year after.

Of course there are some people out there in the world who might be able to get us up and then establish us but those are gambles.

My view is you worry about staying up once you have got there and if necessary make a change once in the Premier League, as ruthless as that might be there's no room for sentiment. Once there you have the profile to attract top quality like Southampton did when they axed Adkins and brought in Pochettino. Even if it goes wrong you come back down with a big bank balance and sign the best Championship quality like West Brom have done.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We need a manager who can get us promoted. That's all there is to it. Dyche didn't keep Burnley up he took them back down, but was able to keep their best players and given a chance to get them back up again like Farke at Norwich.

Both Wilder and Neil have shown they are very good managers at this level and have recently won promotion from it automatically.

Wilder also kept Sheffied United in the Prem, finishing 9th which was an incredible achievement forgotten about because things unravelled the year after.

Of course there are some people out there in the world who might be able to get us up and then establish us but those are gambles.

My view is you worry about staying up once you have got there and if necessary make a change once in the Premier League, as ruthless as that might be there's no room for sentiment. Once there you have the profile to attract top quality like Southampton did when they axed Adkins and brought in Pochettino. Even if it goes wrong you come back down with a big bank balance and sign the best Championship quality like West Brom have done.

There’s always Steve Kean who would jump at coming back to England and finish the job he started. I’d sooner see Gene Wilder, or Alex Neil Scottish politician!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

To be honest, he does deserve praise for the results in the first 8 games, not giving him due credit is looking at the situation with unfair bias against him. If he was sacked, I would still welcome a change of manager but would still find it crazy even in Venkys world to do so with us sat in the top 6.

I don't think he is "throwing the kids under the bus" however I also think that talk of him being reinvigorated by the young teams is a stretch too.

The atmosphere will always somewhat be dictated by results, was ever thus. I don't think that the results will last throughout the season because in attacking positions, we don't have the quality. With only Dolan on a free intended to play for the kids and 2 heavily sponsored loanees, Mowbray could argue that he is fighting a losing battle having made such a big profit on one of his signings, but as was always going to happen, when we need to rely on 12m worth of forwards, their lack of ability to score goals will shine through.

Dies he really deserve praise?  Seems to me on a few occasions his decisions have held us back no?  He got credit for his subs vs Hull then he deserves to be held accountable for two points thrown away vs Lutin and two points conceded vs Barnsley.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We need a manager who can get us promoted.

We do but Venkys always want to do everything on the cheap, apparently without realising that it costs them more in the long-run.

So who can get us promoted while receiving a low salary? Moreover who could keep us there?

As for Venkys acting ruthlessly---pardon my mirth!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1