BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

You have to wonder why Souness and Hughes are held in such high regard, we massively punched above our weight, yet Allardyce divided the fan base and is despised by many. 

Souness and Hughes are winners, they created a winning mentality, we tried to beat the big boys in their own back garden, we tried to win cups and qualify for Europe.

Allardyce was all about survival, don't bother with the cups and surrender to the big boys, especially away from home, one point above the relegation zone is all that matters and thats the reason why he's never won a thing, he's a loser.

He has a 100 percent win rate with England 

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

You have to wonder why Souness and Hughes are held in such high regard, we massively punched above our weight, yet Allardyce divided the fan base and is despised by many. 

Souness and Hughes are winners, they created a winning mentality, we tried to beat the big boys in their own back garden, we tried to win cups and qualify for Europe.

Allardyce was all about survival, don't bother with the cups and surrender to the big boys, especially away from home, one point above the relegation zone is all that matters and thats the reason why he's never won a thing, he's a loser.

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/allardyce-and-souness-named-in-football-bung-report-6590816.html

It's strange you dislike Allardyce because he allegedly took bungs but you praise Souness who allegedly did the same. Neither allegations substantiated by the way.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
21 minutes ago, Gav said:

Allardyce was good for us at the time though.

Some people have some weird ideas about the style of football we play, but we are Rovers, not Real Madrid. I’d sooner we won games than lost playing mindless 5 yard passes in our own half.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Gav said:

Or finished in the top half and got to the semi final of the cup in his full season here, which only got away from us really when Samba got sent off.

I don't think that anyone really considers Allardyce on par with Hughes and Souness based on his time here, although to be fair he did get a comparatively very bad hand. Both obviously had much more time, and the financial landscape had somewhat moved on both elsewhere and indeed here, Souness brought in plenty for decent amounts, Hughes did very well in the market but tended to be able to buy someone each summer, I remember a summer under Allardyce when we could only afford an unwanted Benjani on a free and Mame Diouf on loan.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Allardyce was good for us at the time though.

Some people have some weird ideas about the style of football we play, but we are Rovers, not Real Madrid. I’d sooner we won games than lost playing mindless 5 yard passes in our own half.

As football fans, the least we should expect is to try and win games.

Allardyce often surrendered before we took to the pitch, that’s criminal for me and is the reason why we used to take less than 500 to City, Utd and Liverpool.

It’s all about opinions of course K-Hod.

Edited by Gav

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Gav said:

As football fans, the least we should expect is to try and win games.

Allardyce often surrendered before we took to the pitch, that’s criminal for me and is the reason why we used to take less than 500 to City, Utd and Liverpool.

It’s all about opinions of course K-Hod.

But season tickets were tremendous value and we always gave the likes of Arsenal a bloody nose at Ewood. If people can’t enjoy that, then I do wonder if they’re watching the right sport.

• Like 2

On 24/09/2021 at 06:17, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Do yourselves a favour and don't read Mowbrays latest piece with the LT. There genuinely are no words. 

I had no intention of doing so but read your post and couldn't help myself. What complete and utter twaddle he spouts. Mens wages??? Reminds me when he said he needs men with boots on not kids who can play football. He wanted to hear mens voices on the training ground not kids. Sums him up really

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

Why?

why not show some loyalty to his current employer at that time instead of wanting a more to Middle East 

Love in?  I think it's the other way round.  I think more often than not it's a desperate attempt for people like Yourself to continue the flawed argument that sacking Allardyce was in the best interest of the club. 

I wanted him gone before Venkys turned up. Wasn't happy how he was using Kalinic or Hoilett. 

As far as I'm aware I don't think you have to only focus on one transfer target at a time.  Leaving the possibility open to Obafemi was not an issue... far better than a 'Now or Never' approach.

I think having a list of possibility strikers or being negotiations to sign a striker with a few targets. No problem. Its just appears like we were waiting time and effort on a player not interested in coming here. Yes spend a few days on him but not weeks after weeks

Based on what?  You knew nothing about Venkys, their knowledge of football or the advisors that they were listening to.

well we know who they were listening to don't we. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Souness and Hughes reign here at Blackburn Rovers were great times for club and supporters. I will never forget the UEFA cup run under Mark Hughes and that Semi Final against Chelsea at Old Trafford when we were the better team and should have won. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Credit where it's due, getting Ayala fit and limited numbers mean he has found a system that is working for us. I just hope he continues to keep it simple. 

Dare we dream?

Yep, I will regret it. But I am dreaming lol. I see so much potential in this small group of players. 

Where my thinking is now compared to the start of the season is like night and day. 

Bring Dack back into the mix and we could be on for a very good season. 

Keeping ayala fit somehow is absolutely key. Didn't Paul mcgrath play for years without training.? Let ayala do the same 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Credit where it's due, getting Ayala fit and limited numbers mean he has found a system that is working for us. I just hope he continues to keep it simple. 

Dare we dream?

Correct. He looks like a man rejuvenate this season and working with this young squad. Plus with the fans back aswell back in stadium. 

Why not? 

The spine of the team looks strong

• Like 1

I’d be astonished if we finish in the top half. I won’t be getting giddy when in the play off positions nor in the depths of despair when plummet down the league during the next death spiral.

Im delighted relegation seems to be off the cards but under Mowbray at best we’re mid table plodders.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Yep, I will regret it. But I am dreaming lol. I see so much potential in this small group of players. 

Where my thinking is now compared to the start of the season is like night and day. 

Bring Dack back into the mix and we could be on for a very good season. 

Keeping ayala fit somehow is absolutely key. Didn't Paul mcgrath play for years without training.? Let ayala do the same 

Indeed, but not sure about Dack though. I hope I'm wrong, but it's a long time off, considering he never really got going last season. Off the bench though, he could still get us a goal...

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Correct. He looks like a man rejuvenate this season and working with this young squad. Plus with the fans back aswell back in stadium. 

Why not? 

The spine of the team looks strong

It does. Tricky run coming up now though, so lets see. It seems easier to drop down the table, than move up it, so thats the test.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

12 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’d be astonished if we finish in the top half. I won’t be getting giddy when in the play off positions nor in the depths of despair when plummet down the league during the next death spiral.

Im delighted relegation seems to be off the cards but under Mowbray at best we’re mid table plodders.  

Mid table plodders don’t wallop an organised Cardiff team who were destroyed at times today and had a team of giants In comparison!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Mid table plodders don’t wallop an organised Cardiff team who were destroyed at times today and had a team of giants In comparison!

On their forums, one poster said, "we just got dolloped by mid-table Blackburn" which made me chuckle. 

19 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

On their forums, one poster said, "we just got dolloped by mid-table Blackburn" which made me chuckle. 

The Cardiff commentators were equally stunned at full time. They said something along the lines of "Blackburn aren't Fulham or West Brom, but they have beaten us comfortably". Brilliant 😁.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

He’s getting a new contract next month in Pune isn’t he…🙈🤯🤣🤣

Well him and his team definitely gave the fans a excellent display yesrerday and currently are 6th place. Thought some of the football was as good as we seen under Mowbray. 

Mowbray just need to keep things simple and organise. No need for over thinking the game or switching tactics. Stick to playing counter attacking football 

• Like 5

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well him and his team definitely gave the fans a excellent display yesrerday and currently are 6th place. Thought some of the football was as good as we seen under Mowbray. 

Mowbray just need to keep things simple and organise. No need for over thinking the game or switching tactics. Stick to playing counter attacking football 

I agree. Forget the possession based dull football of last season and get the ball forward earlier. We aren’t Barcelona but we do have plenty of willing runners in the team