BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chaddy please don't tell me you've fallen for this shit?

He must have been told he was being a prick ignoring the Rovers fans at Blackpool and they had to release this so people would fall for his shit 

Absolutely correct. Somebody at Ewood has seen some comments on social media about Mowbray eulogising about the Blackpool fan's and this is just damage limitation. I wonder if he said what he did because the fans had the temerity to shout 'Mowbray sort it out '.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I wonder if he said what he did because the fans had the temerity to shout 'Mowbray sort it out '.

Those were my thoughts exactly at the time, and I also expect he's been told to say something.

If he can get that prickly about chants so tame, he won't react well to some serious gip.

Ramp it up lads and lasses!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Those were my thoughts exactly at the time, and I also expect he's been told to say something.

If he can get that prickly about chants so tame, he won't react well to some serious gip.

Ramp it up lads and lasses!

Agreed. I don't believe he is anywhere near as thick skinned he would like us to believe. I recall him exonerating himself early from the potential sale of Brockhall by saying 'it's above my pay grade'. 

• Like 3

Which would also make the 4 wins on the bounce the best run in our history, easy to focus on specific runs. We finished 15th over the course of the season, that is what matters and that wasnt good enough.

Again, this need to make him out as this ignorant "prick" to further tarnish him, there is more than enough regarding last season to justifiably want a change of manager. No need to become petty and nasty.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He must have been told he was being a prick ignoring the Rovers fans at Blackpool and they had to release this so people would fall for his shit 

Out of interest, did you attend the Blackpool away game? And what specifically did he do to cause such personal offence and for you to call him a prick, just not come over at the end and clap? I was there but left at full time, whether Mowbray came to clap wasnt a concern. I also think that to take offence from his post match interview merely complimenting a good atmosphere, you would have to look for that as some will do.

What I find is that because weve all agreed that Mowbray should go, some people become focused and obsessed in finding fault him in everywhere even when it is unfair. I thought his main error at Blackpool was the avoidable selection of Magloire as a right back.

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, did you attend the Blackpool away game? And what specifically did he do to cause such personal offence and for you to call him a prick, just not come over at the end and clap? I was there but left at full time, whether Mowbray came to clap wasnt a concern. I also think that to take offence from his post match interview merely complimenting a good atmosphere, you would have to look for that as some will do.

What I find is that because weve all agreed that Mowbray should go, some people become focused and obsessed in finding fault him in everywhere even when it is unfair. I thought his main error at Blackpool was the avoidable selection of Magloire as a right back.

I wasn’t there, so assume he simply chose not to applaud the fans. You make a pretty valid point though.

• Like 1

I dislike Mowbray more than most, but I really couldn't give a damn if he came over to the fans and "clapped" after the game or not.

When did fans get so precious over people clapping them at the end of a game or not? Must coincide with the social media boom I'm guessing.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

fallen for what? 

where you at the Blackpool away game and how did he ignore the fans at Blackpool? Is this based that he didn't come over to the fans at the end of the game. if so I don't see it as problem as the players came over and 2 players gave the shirts to the fans. And in fact in the last minutes of the game the Rovers fans were singing Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army. Allardyce or Hughes never used to come to the fans at end of the game but didn't see you complaining then. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I also think that to take offence from his post match interview merely complimenting a good atmosphere,

It was the best atmosphere this season and speaking to a few Blackpool work friends after the game who said it was good game and we deserved a point from that game. Plus our fans were fantastic at the game. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What I find is that because weve all agreed that Mowbray should go, some people become focused and obsessed in finding fault him in everywhere even when it is unfair

agreed there

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We've had 11 years of this nonsense, people are fed up. Yes it's not 11 years of Mowbrays nonsense but he's a big part of the problem. He's spotted an opportunity with our wretched owners and he's making the most of it and it's annoying people. If only he could focus on his own failings and becoming a better manager as much as he digs out fans, points out untruths to protect himself and at times just bare face lies then I suspect people would be less inclined to pick fault in him or call him a prick. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

We've had 11 years of this nonsense, people are fed up. Yes it's not 11 years of Mowbrays nonsense but he's a big part of the problem. He's spotted an opportunity with our wretched owners and he's making the most of it and it's annoying people. If only he could focus on his own failings and becoming a better manager as much as he digs out fans, points out untruths to protect himself and at times just bare face lies then I suspect people would be less inclined to pick fault in him or call him a prick. 

I get the general frustration and the 11 year thing is exactly why the real common denominator here is Venkys and why I could happily call them words much stronger than pricks. They are the ones that deserve all of the wrath, Mowbray is just a manager who was doing a good job but whose tenure has grown stagnant and turned into him doing a below par job.

But my point was, as far as I know to some people who didn't even attend in the first place so weren't personally "affected," are him not coming over to clap fans (something I wanted to clarify, maybe there was something else that he did that made calling him a prick necessary) and also complimenting the atmosphere of the Blackpool fans (which was a good atmosphere to be fair) really reasons to get so worked up? Especially when there are much more valid and constructive reasons to be frustrated with him, tactics, team selection etc.

Again, your last sentence implies that he is choosing to "dig out fans, point out untruths to protect himself and at times just bare face lie" ahead of focusing on his own failings, as if there is time to do one or the other and he is actively choosing the former. He gets asked questions in interviews and last season like any manager struggling with poor results, he could at times get prickly or even wrap himself in knots from game to game trying to desperately justify poor results, it happens, the results themselves are the issue, not what he says after, how he behaves and carries himself on the touchline, whether he claps the fans at the end, these are all trivial issues.

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely Mowbrays days are now numbered? 

People said the same during 2 wins in 17, and at the end of the season. I'm resigned to the fact that at the very least he's seeing out his contract at this point. This will be just another season of hopeless tedium. I think the only way Mowbray goes is sustained fan pressure (not going to happen, too many fans who think we're lucky just to be in the Championship nowadays) or if we end up in the relegation mire by January/February time, which always seems possible but never actually happens under this manager as the see-saw inevitably tips upwards for a few games to release the pressure just when things are looking grim.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DE. said:

People said the same during 2 wins in 17, and at the end of the season. I'm resigned to the fact that at the very least he's seeing out his contract at this point. This will be just another season of hopeless tedium. I think the only way Mowbray goes is sustained fan pressure (not going to happen, too many fans who think we're lucky just to be in the Championship nowadays) or if we end up in the relegation mire by January/February time, which always seems possible but never actually happens under this manager as the see-saw inevitably tips upwards for a few games to release the pressure just when things are looking grim.

Agreed. I think we’re beginning another of his famed death spirals though. Three without a win now. We know that can easily become 13 under this clown.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Awful from Mowbray, we will never ever move forward with this man in charge of our club. Another 2 goal lead lost.

Bigs up Butterworth in the build up to today and puts on Poveda? Who again looks woeful. It's so frustrating.

Surely Mowbrays days are now numbered? 

Butterworth becomes better with each game that he doesn't come on to be fair. Do you not think that Poveda did some good things, I thought he was ok when he came on and better than Dolan.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Butterworth becomes better with each game that he doesn't come on to be fair. Do you not think that Poveda did some good things, I thought he was ok when he came on and better than Dolan.

Mowbrays the one in the press saying how good he is.

Poveda did nothing, lost the ball in the 3 third, movement wasnt great off the ball either. 

Butterworth has looked 10 times the player Poveda has in his one 15 minute cameo.

• Like 1