BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

So we've now squandered 4 points at home after being 2 nil up against the mighty Luton and Coventry ffs.

Not to mention the huddersfield and blackpool debacles.

I've said it many times before, this is a very capable championship squad that outside of fulham, wba and bournemouth should be competing right at the top of the division. Unfortunately the manager means that will never happen. So frustrating, this is probably the last year before more of the squad is broken up.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mowbrays the one in the press saying how good he is.

Poveda did nothing, lost the ball in the 3 third, movement wasnt great off the ball either. 

Butterworth has looked 10 times the player Poveda has in his one 15 minute cameo.

If he said how bad Butterworth was in the press then there may be an issue! 

I thought Poveda did ok today, one great pass, ran at his man a few times looking to be positive, a few other neat passes, won a foul, nothing groundbreaking but I saw something that simply wasn't there in his first 3 poor appearances. 

I suspect that people have written off Poveda now, but I thought there was something there today.

• Like 2

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

That's a non point, he has randomly brought him up saying how good he is and doesn't play him.

His quotes are fine, bigging up a player. Maybe he should play more but I am not convinced that he would make a major difference, I suppose it is a bit unknown. If we had any money in the summer to replace Armstrong, then Butterworth ideally would be out on loan as intended.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely Mowbrays days are now numbered? 

why? 

We are 9th in league and overall I would imagine The owners and Waggott are happy with it so far. 

What was your expectations league position wise at the start of the season and would you take 9th place finish at the start of the season?

They was no negative chanting towards Mowbray during the game. Did you hear anything? 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

We are 9th in league and overall I would imagine The owners and Waggott are happy with it so far. 

What was your expectations league position wise at the start of the season and would you take 9th place finish at the start of the season?

They was no negative chanting towards Mowbray during the game. Did you hear anything? 

As if the owners give a shit, they won't care if we finish 4th, 14th or 24th.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If he said how bad Butterworth was in the press then there may be an issue! 

I thought Poveda did ok today, one great pass, ran at his man a few times looking to be positive, a few other neat passes, won a foul, nothing groundbreaking but I saw something that simply wasn't there in his first 3 poor appearances. 

I suspect that people have written off Poveda now, but I thought there was something there today.

i was`nt impressed,it looks like he thinks he`s still playing reserve team football and he can dribble past anyone and everyone,he`s got zero awareness of who`s around him as well

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

Of course Waggott’s happy with it. Money for old rope.

Regarding the league position, the inevitable descent is underway.

Will we finish 9th? Highly unlikely. The bottom half beckons, but hopefully the surprisingly good start will keep us away from trouble, (not guaranteed).

Re - the chanting, I would imagine a large percentage of our ever shrinking home support are the “What do we want? Mediocrity. When do we want it? Now! “ brigade, who will no doubt shortly be taking to Facebook and Twitter to tell us how grateful we should be.

Chanting would be futile, anyway. A vote with the feet sends the strongest message.

Waggott will be delighted with the turn out of fans of a club he previously stole a living from.

Anyway, enjoy the Kool Aid.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i was`nt impressed,it looks like he thinks he`s still playing reserve team football and he can dribble past anyone and everyone,he`s got zero awareness of who`s around him as well

I liked his desire to run at players, in fact I felt like he was lacking in the confidence to ideally do it once or twice more, and more often than not we retained the ball once he had done so, with one particularly good pass.

I am certainly not overly optimistic about his signing though to be honest, sadly I feel like our squad is really lacking with 4 loan players looking very raw and only signed because they are all that we could afford in spite of raising a big fee from the sale of Armstrong. But much better today compared to his 3 shockers v Boro, Barnsley and Huddersfield.

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

After a positive start to the season, the same old stuff is happening again. It's all so predictable. It's been happening all the time under Mowbrays tenure. Same shit, different season.

We are sliding down the league. And it's highly unlikely we will be climbing back up it anytime soon, or if we do, it will be too late in the season to trouble the play offs.

The season hasn't finished, we aren't going to finish 9th, mid to lower table beckons again.

Why would anyone be happy with this?

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

Another example of accepting mediocrity, the whole set up reeks of complacency , hence as I suspect do the players not willing to renew contracts.

The whole set-up needs a refresh, starting at the top.

• Like 4

I'm sorry to say this but in my nearly 60 years of being a supporter, Mowbray is worse than the snake Kean. Iley and Pickering were bad but a striker was a striker and a winger was a winger. Haven't seen today's line up as I have given up on Slowbrain. Bog off and take the well-paid staff with you. Keep the lovely others

• Like 2

Just now, tina said:

I'm sorry to say this but in my nearly 60 years of being a supporter, Mowbray is worse than the snake Kean. Iley and Pickering were bad but a striker was a striker and a winger was a winger. Haven't seen today's line up as I have given up on Slowbrain. Bog off and take the well-paid staff with you. Keep the lovely others

😂

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

Why?  WHY??

BEACUSE A BLIND MAN ON A GALLOPING HORSE CAN CLEARLY SEE WE ARE GOING NOWHERE WITH HIM IN CHARGE.

GOOD GOD!!!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, tina said:

😃bit harsh i think,im`e to young to remember iley and pickering but despite being a poor manager and poor tactician,on a managerial level,mowbray is`nt as bad as kean or coyle,just the fact we are going nowhere annoys the **** out of me when we have players who can get us to the play offs with the right man in charge

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

A few weeks ago it was 6th, then still 6th, then 8th, now 9th. Out of interest what position or run of form would you say is the tipping point?

Of course clubs and executives who know what they are doing don't base a manager's position on 'oh well, we're 9th so everything is fine'. They look at a whole range of measures including team performances, results, trajectory, development, growth, improvement. Here they don't though. Not at Mowbray Rovers where he has god-like status, cannot be questioned and is the only manager who could ever work here.

I'd be surprised if the owners had a clue who we had been playing, let alone how we have done. Waggott will be happy no matter what as long as his mate is in place.

There's no chanting towards Mowbray because people just can't be bothered anymore. It's pointless. He's got the club stitched up and the people who go to Ewood know it won't make a blind bit of difference.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

A total of one point against Huddersfield, Blackpool, and Coventry is quite dismal and bottom half material.

The post-match LT headline suggests Mowbray says they (Rovers) shot themselves in the foot. Why is Mowbray here? What does he take responsibility for?

He thinks he's a managerial goliath alongside Guardiola, Klopp and Tuchel, who knows it all and clubs are lucky to have him. He seems to think that the problem is other people not being able to understand his greatness and his bright ideas in football.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, blondie said:

Another example of accepting mediocrity, the whole set up reeks of complacency , hence as I suspect do the players not willing to renew contracts.

It's a zombie club. Lights on but nobody home. 

Ewood is a morgue and it is getting worse with falling gates. 

The whole operation needs refreshing and restarting, otherwise what little life is left in it will be gone. That means owners, board and management.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A few weeks ago it was 6th, then still 6th, then 8th, now 9th. Out of interest what position or run of form would you say is the tipping point?

Of course clubs and executives who know what they are doing don't base a manager's position on 'oh well, we're 9th so everything is fine'. They look at a whole range of measures including team performances, results, trajectory, development, growth, improvement. Here they don't though. Not at Mowbray Rovers where he has god-like status, cannot be questioned and is the only manager who could ever work here.

I'd be surprised if the owners had a clue who we had been playing, let alone how we have done. Waggott will be happy no matter what as long as his mate is in place.

There's no chanting towards Mowbray because people just can't be bothered anymore. It's pointless. He's got the club stitched up and the people who go to Ewood know it won't make a blind bit of difference.

The tipping point could well be next Saturday , I think we will lose at QPR that leaves Reading at home next Saturday...

Lose that and his easy ride will come to an end , there won't be many from Reading and the shouts of Mowbray out will be heard ...

He needs and deserves to be hounded out , his welcome has been over stayed by at least 3 years ...

• Like 3

Do you still go Waggy? I can only assume you don’t if you think that turn of events could possibly happen next Saturday. 

We could get a tonking both games and there would hardly be a ‘Mowbray, sort it out!’, nevermind an ‘Out’ chant or any ‘hounding’. The fella is on easy street with the Ewood crowd, nobody else has had the support in his pocket this much since probably Hughes.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

The tipping point could well be next Saturday , I think we will lose at QPR that leaves Reading at home next Saturday...

Lose that and his easy ride will come to an end , there won't be many from Reading and the shouts of Mowbray out will be heard ...

He needs and deserves to be hounded out , his welcome has been over stayed by at least 3 years ...

I highly doubt it. This journey is set to run its course till season end. Then there may be a glimmer of hope that we get a new captain at the wheel, who'll guide us to sunnier climes 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

As if the owners give a shit, they won't care if we finish 4th, 14th or 24th.

so you keep saying time after time without any thing to back it up. 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

After a positive start to the season, the same old stuff is happening again. It's all so predictable. It's been happening all the time under Mowbrays tenure. Same shit, different season.

We are sliding down the league. And it's highly unlikely we will be climbing back up it anytime soon, or if we do, it will be too late in the season to trouble the play offs.

The season hasn't finished, we aren't going to finish 9th, mid to lower table beckons again.

Why would anyone be happy with this?

I think we will finish mid table and after looking at the squad before the start of the season is what I predicted and I think we will have a squad shake up this season. 

1 hour ago, blondie said:

For me, the players are exploring the contract situation and given the drop off in financial state of many championship clubs not willing to over spend and maybe some players want a new challenge. 

I don't see Waggott going anywhere currently and Mowbray's contract is up at the end of the season and thats why I like to see a change of manager and footballing structure, in the summer if not before.

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Do you still go Waggy? I can only assume you don’t if you think that turn of events could possibly happen next Saturday. 

We could get a tonking both games and there would hardly be a ‘Mowbray, sort it out!’, nevermind an ‘Out’ chant or any ‘hounding’. The fella is on easy street with the Ewood crowd, nobody else has had the support in his pocket this much since probably Hughes.

I go most home games , I totally agree he is on easy Street...

I life in hope , we will drift slowly but surely down the league if sweet FA happens...