BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

8 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I don't think it's too much of stretch to say that we could get relegated if he stays much longer.

The club needs to take action now.

Indeed. 8 wins in 34. 2 in 10. 0 in 4…Latest death spiral in full swing.

I genuinely think we’re going to get sucked into a relegation battle if he stays. It’s all looking far too ominous.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

He'll set out an attacking side against REading and send them out on the front boot. We'll win well and the facebook groupies in the crowd will be in raptures chanting his name.

We know how it works, tonight will get chalked down as just one of those games. Mowbray absolved of any part in it it's sickening some can't see what keeps slapping them in the face.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I saw the result tonight and all I wanted to say was 'SACK HIM IMMEDIATELY ' 

Most saw the opening tactics and said that.

Yet we nearly got a point but in all honesty what happened was always the more likely to happen.

• Like 4

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Indeed. 0 wins in 4. 2 in 10. 8 in 34. Latest death spiral in full swing.

I genuinely think we’re going to get sucked into a relegation battle if he stays. It’s all looking far too ominous.

Imagine BBD does go in January. The only remotely positive thing about the club and our top goalscorer (ridiculous as both of those statements are) gone and probably replaced with injury-prone Josh Maja on loan. Once the cold weather hits we may be without Ayala for a while as well. That would be bleak.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

We know what is posted here is used by the journos as easy journalism to create headlines, often taking comments in here as their own ideas and views. Too coincidental that the views on here appear two days later in the LT etc  

We also know the views on here make their way into the club so from me, to you Tony, please clear off now. You are bad for my health, bad for the club, bad for player development, bad tactician, bad listen and generally bad news. 

As for Chris Suttons views, I respect you as a player and what you achieved and played a part of but just watch one or maybe two games if you can be bothered and then give an opinion. What TM has on him, I'd love to know...might talk eloquently but I'd rather listen to the honest and in touch views of Sir Colin Hendry! That's a man needed in the changing room to fire things up!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Most saw the opening tactics and said that.

Yet we nearly got a point but in all honesty what happened was always the more likely to happen.

I was watching the score with that definite feeling that we'd lose. I've wanted rid of him for some considerable time. I didn't see the early part of the match as I was on a training course being taught to sack eggs so I only caught updates from 74 mins on

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Feckin hell Chaddy, that's another rapid change of heart!

Keep cool.

Perfectly calm and chill out thanks Mercer. 

Buts it time for a change and I would sack him tomorrow. Appoint Damien Johnson as Caretaker manager for Saturday game. Then appoint a new manager after that game. 

50 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Agree with this although i'm a bit sceptical about Ainsworth we desperately need new ideas and above all a motivator. 

Fair enough. They are other options out there like Chris Wilder, Mark Robins, Neil Critchley, Ryan Lowe(Plymouth), Alex Neil, Neil Harris. 

We need fresh new ideas, good tactician, modern day coaching, organised defence to keep clean sheets and motivator 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Perfectly calm and chill out thanks Mercer. 

Buts it time for a change and I would sack him tomorrow. Appoint Damien Johnson as Caretaker manager for Saturday game. Then appoint a new manager after that game. 

Fair enough. They are other options out there like Chris Wilder, Mark Robins, Neil Critchley, Ryan Lowe(Plymouth), Alex Neil, Neil Harris. 

We need fresh new ideas, good tactician, modern day coaching, organised defence to keep clean sheets and motivator 

Not a chance that we are going to entice Robins, Critchley or Lowe from their existing clubs where they are making good progress and have sensible clubs behind them. Plus we don't pay compensation so that rules out any manager in work.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Not a chance that we are going to entice Robins, Critchley or Lowe from their existing clubs where they are making good progress and have sensible clubs behind them. Plus we don't pay compensation so that rules out any manager in work.

Well that's your opinion but given our history, stadium, Senior training ground and Academy facilities we could attract them.  

• Like 1

The most passion he showed all last night was making a massive fuss out of the amount of injury time added at the end. I mean yeah there probably should have been more but we weren't exactly battering them or looking like scoring! I was more than happy for the ref to end that game to be honest.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

He's having another good season in League 1 - right in the promotion mix at present.

I'd have no issues giving him a go if they could get him without paying silly compo. Thinking about it he's perhaps more suited to what we have now than the last couple of seasons.  He's used to low budgets etc but here he'd have to get a tune out of Ayala, Brero, Gallagher to make it work.

Got to get the big boys onside first.

• Like 1

I read a post - last night I think it was - likening Mowbray to someone playing Career Mode on Fifa.

This is so true. It's as if he thinks he has a real-life games console, trying to be clever, swallowing the trivial stats, and going from game to game picking random formations and player positions.

It's beyond a joke, it really is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The most passion he showed all last night was making a massive fuss out of the amount of injury time added at the end. I mean yeah there probably should have been more but we weren't exactly battering them or looking like scoring! I was more than happy for the ref to end that game to be honest.

Bang on. We did our usual under Mowbray when behind in injury time - roll over for a good tummy tickle.