BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

45 minutes ago, blondie said:

Another reference to fitness levels and intensity of training.

When is the intensity of training going to come to fruition?

We have, as last season,not  seen a performance where our fitness levels in a match seem superior to the opposition.

Thing is, as you know I now get my live sport kicks watching Sale Sharks. Now at the start of the season they were saying our fitness levels were going to be better and st first here was no sign of it. But this week they faced Quins, current champions, lightning quick and undefeated this season, and they beat them.  Not just beat them but right at the end, and Quins looked out on their feet while the Sharks players looked like they could have played on. Fitness training doesn't always pay benefits in the first match but as you get match sharp it should begin to tell. Clearly Rovers have got something very wrong as their fitness on the pitch doesn't seem to be improving with match sharpness

2 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Thing is, as you know I now get my live sport kicks watching Sale Sharks. Now at the start of the season they were saying our fitness levels were going to be better and st first here was no sign of it. But this week they faced Quins, current champions, lightning quick and undefeated this season, and they beat them.  Not just beat them but right at the end, and Quins looked out on their feet while the Sharks players looked like they could have played on. Fitness training doesn't always pay benefits in the first match but as you get match sharp it should begin to tell. Clearly Rovers have got something very wrong as their fitness on the pitch doesn't seem to be improving with match sharpness

I think it's more psychological.   Manager doesn't give a toss, players don't give a toss....its a disease going through the squad.

• Like 3

Any half decent owner / ceo would be pouncing on the now available Steve Bruce.

This latest run has proved that this season is no different. We were in the play offs for more than 1 game so I had stupidly started to believe but now I've given my head a shake and come full circle to Tony out, no matter what run of form we are on, if a good manager comes up, swap immediately. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, blondie said:

Another reference to fitness levels and intensity of training.

When is the intensity of training going to come to fruition?

We have, as last season,not  seen a performance where our fitness levels in a match seem superior to the opposition.

…I agree blonde….our physical fitness levels are poor at best …..but my main concern is that ….we are mentally unfit.
We’re afraid , we’re weak …our lads , on the pitch , are younger versions of Mowbray . ….they have no heart for the battle.

Would he inspire you to fight ?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

…I agree blonde….our physical fitness levels are poor at best …..but my main concern is that ….we are mentally unfit.
We’re afraid , we’re weak …our lads , on the pitch , are younger versions of Mowbray . ….they have no heart for the battle.

Would he inspire you to fight ?

One of the fittest most tenacious players we have, Sam Burns. What a good idea to loan him out, two levels (at least) below his ability. He would be in my team before Clarkson, even in Clarksons favoured position, never mind in Burns's favoured position. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Certainly feels that way. 

I can't picture a team with fight in it since the trend was set with the pathetic surrenders to Spurs & Wigan when we got relegated. 

In fact it feels like the last battling team had Robbie Savage in it ffs. But maybe my memory is being harsh. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Silas said:

Certainly feels that way. 

I can't picture a team with fight in it since the trend was set with the pathetic surrenders to Spurs & Wigan when we got relegated. 

In fact it feels like the last battling team had Robbie Savage in it ffs. But maybe my memory is being harsh. 

I think they would fight for the right manager. A few weeks ago Forest fan's were saying the same kind of things about their players and they were also hugely critical of Hughton. A change of manager later and these same players look like they would run through brick walls for Steve Cooper and are getting result. Two goals in stoppage time last night won them the game.

I heard someone at the ground say last night that he had been talking to the parents of one of our players. The word was that the players are losing faith rapidly in Mowbray. I wasn't privy to the conversation so take that whichever way you want.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

He would have been sacked a long, long time ago if he were going to be sacked. The only way he’s leaving is at the expiry of his contract.

i think one difference this season over the last one is fans are back, so once Ewood starts jeering he'll walk

• Like 2

The sad matter of fact is that getting rid of the gurning one is not even on the radar of our so called owners.

His mates the CEO....stitched up good and proper,nice and cosey jobs for 't lads.

A fan base mute and unwilling to rock the Boat at Ewood, the whole situation is crap,makes my piss boil.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think they would fight for the right manager. A few weeks ago Forest fan's were saying the same kind of things about their players and they were also hugely critical of Hughton. A change of manager later and these same players look like they would run through brick walls for Steve Cooper and are getting result. Two goals in stoppage time last night won them the game.

I heard someone at the ground say last night that he had been talking to the parents of one of our players. The word was that the players are losing faith rapidly in Mowbray. I wasn't privy to the conversation so take that whichever way you want.

If that remark is true what amazes me is the players hadn’t lost faith in him years ago.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If that remark is true what amazes me is the players hadn’t lost faith in him years ago.

Mowbray keeps the influential players on side and picks on the less influential ones, always has. He won’t lose the dressing room as those with an influence in the dressing room like him. Very similar to Bowyer.

• Like 4

Rovers owners have to make a managerial change asap. We need a new direction under a new manager/head coach with fresh ideas, tactical aware and able to tighten up our defence. Some good choices out there

3 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Any half decent owner / ceo would be pouncing on the now available Steve Bruce.

From Bruce interview in the Telegraph says he is probably to retire from football after the abuse he and his family have suffered there. Tho even their bets player Saint Maximin has said some brilliant comments about him and his management of him

https://twitter.com/asaintmaximin/status/1450793089971494914?s=20

2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

i think one difference this season over the last one is fans are back, so once Ewood starts jeering he'll walk

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned this weekend if we don't perform against Reading. I always thought he was close to walking once before when we won 3-2 against Barnsley but his manner on the touchline was like a man ready to walk. It was Dack and Rothwell who saved him that day

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

His mates the CEO....stitched up good and proper,nice and cosey jobs for 't lads.

Not sure him and Waggott are even close anymore or mates anymore. 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Bruce interview in the Telegraph says he is probably to retire from football after the abuse he and his family have suffered there.

Such a shame that! Really dislike Newcastle fans. What kind of abuse was he getting do you know? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Such a shame that! Really dislike Newcastle fans. What kind of abuse was he getting do you know? 

Called him a tactically inept cabbage head.

Still would be a vast improvement over our own ‘tactically inept cabbage head’.

im sure the 8 million pay off softened the blow whatever was said. In fact if the price of having 8 million was someone following me around calling me a cabbage head id take it. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

37 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Because of what 1 poster said? I genuinely believe it's wide of the mark.

For starters he's backed him in the most recent fan forum saying he's doing a fantastic job.

It's was more than one posters if you look back properly. 

I wouldn't expect him to do anything at fans meeting