BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

The problem is always who is next 

I know that topic has been done to death on here and save me the “is that reason to keep him?” bait but truly the thought of going through another appointment is just frightening 

We could have absolutely anybody land through the doors and the only guarantee is they’ll be no bloody good !

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I know that topic has been done to death on here and save me the “is that reason to keep him?” bait but truly the thought of going through another appointment is just frightening 

We could have absolutely anybody land through the doors and the only guarantee is they’ll be no bloody good !

If everyone had that attitude we may as well give up now. 

• Like 2

for me it comes down to the fact if a manager has`nt got you anywhere in 5/6 seasons then it`s clear it`s never going to happen for him,simple as that,he`s had plenty of financial backing,he was given a huge budget for league one and given plenty of money in the championship,he`s failed,should go at the end of the season and if he gets an extension it`ll be crowds of 5 thousand next year

• Like 1

Issue needs clearing up now.

V's need to either sh1t or get off the pot.

Should either be fired immediately or get a new contract - can't be allowed to drift aimlessly.

Still think he'll be gone sooner than many of us dare hope!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If everyone had that attitude we may as well give up now. 

Venkys have an excellent track record of making quality appointments, what could possibly go wrong? 

Its a very real concern for many fans.

Edited by Gav

55 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Plenty of good managers out there whether in work or out of work

16 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

@richsharpe89 @BlackburnEnder 

Further to your tweets re #Mowbray

Believe he'll be gone from #Rovers before end of Nov international break. Source usually good though think we all know how decision making at Ewood changes like the wind.

Everything crossed - we need CHANGE & HOPE

Another tweet.

That's is what I thought for a while. Wonder if Rovers are actively speaking to managers right now 

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if you throw a hedgehog at a dart board,you are bound to hit a treble twenty sooner or later(im`e not advocating doing that in practice by the way)

No wonder you don't see as many hedgehogs as you used to, 11yrs has really taken its toll on the population. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But there is no suggestion that Mowbray genuinely "doesn't give a shit." He spends numerous days living on his own away from his family, and there is no suggestion that he doesn't put in the hours. Ultimately he is a dour man anyway, add some awkward questions about his underperforming and he is never going to give off energy and charisma.

His main achilles heel has been bizarre tactical decisions that stem from overthinking, it always has been. Strange tactical choices such as 3 at the back, Clarkson almost as a false 9 etc, they have similarities to playing Bell and Williams down the left hand side at home to Oldham, saying how much he respects the Bury right back etc. Going from extreme possession football to being bottom of the same table in the next season, from one extreme to another. He is always trying to get ahead but seldom do his crazy ideas work. That is an issue of competence, not effort, and that is what we need from our manager.

He doesn't give a shit. He spends numerous days living on his own away from his family because he and his family are well rewarded. He comes across as somone who forgets his homework then scrambles about trying to get something together at the last minute, and continuously fails.

After watching that interview it's clear he's just phoning it and hoping for the best now. I'd say he wants shut but doesn't want to give up the wages.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I've got to the stage where I"d sooner have a different rubbish manager than the one who's been here so long. So get rid!

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, booth said:

He doesn't give a shit. He spends numerous days living on his own away from his family because he and his family are well rewarded. He comes across as somone who forgets his homework then scrambles about trying to get something together at the last minute, and continuously fails.

After watching that interview it's clear he's just phoning it and hoping for the best now. I'd say he wants shut but doesn't want to give up the wages.

It's the same demeanour he had during our 2 wins in 17 run last season, when I think even Mowbray assumed he was going to be removed. It's crazy that he's still here, really, and he is probably as confused as the rest of us as to why he's being allowed to continue. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

It's the same demeanour he had during our 2 wins in 17 run last season, when I think even Mowbray assumed he was going to be removed. It's crazy that he's still here, really, and he is probably as confused as the rest of us as to why he's being allowed to continue. 

You mean this...

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 20.50.02.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 16.49.26.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 16.55.30.png

Mowbray-Forest.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

nyambe,lenihan and rothwell are probably waiting for him to **** off,they won`t sign anything with him in charge,would you??it can`t be much fun working for him

You might like to think that, but its very clear from the players themselves that they're playing for the club and playing for the manager. We are all long enough in the tooth to know when the manager has lost the players, its clear as day thats not the case, in fact I'd go as far as to say they've never been more united under Mowbray. 

The contract situation is down to the owners having turning off the tap, its happened under most mangers throughout Venkys time here, but not on this scale. I'm reliably informed Nyambe is on peanuts for a regular Championship player and the club are reluctant to increase that current deal by much, its a disgrace and down to the owners and the owners only. Waggot was going on about wage structures, does anyone believe Nyambe and Lenihan are asking the club to break a wage structure? 

The transfer window was a shambles because we're skint, the loan market was a shambles because we're skint and we're going to lose 1st team regulars because we're skint.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

I wouldn't mind Ainsworth getting a shot, but to be perfectly honest I would take anyone getting a shot by this stage.

Can you imagine the boost the club would get from a fresh appointment. Fresh approach, ideas, every player starting on a level footing. 
You have players that might be more keen to sign new contracts based on the new guy coming in if they show even a shred of initiative.
I would hazard a guess you would get a fair few extra fans in through the gate aswell just to see the new start. You have fans literally leaving in their droves because of Mowbray, everything is stale, no ambition, excuses on a weekly basis.

To be honest it again beggars the question how others would not see this but then I happen to take a look on the Facebook groups. Some of them there (not all in fairness, which I suppose is a sign things are turning), good Lord there is no words to describe then with their talk of Mowbray's honesty and "what more can we expect as a club" talk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gav said:

I was speaking to a Utd fan yesterday complaining about Solskjaer, out of his depth, tactically inept, poor in front of the media, wouldn't have got the job if he hadn't been a player, you get my drift. He then went on to say that he'd like to see Solskjaer sacked and Steve Bruce back as manager, I almost fell of the chair.......

He then went on to say he'd steady the ship, keep them competitive, keep them honest until someone better comes along, a bit like Mowbray at your place. Everyone knows Venkys are the problem, until they leave you'll never do anything, Mowbray is a steady hand, he'll keep you competitive in the Championship, you'll not end up in league 1 with him in charge.

He has a point in my opinion.

Just on Gareth Ainsworth, I want him nowhere near this football club until Venkys leave. Manging this football club under these owners will destroy his local lad reputation in 6 months. Its tough to manage your home town team in good circumstances, but under Venkys he'll be ripped apart.

That Man Utd fan is clearly a moron. I'd stop speaking to him - at least about football. 

17 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The main reason I’d be more than happy with Ainsworth isn’t simply that he’s from Blackburn, it’s that he actually gives a shit about the club. It wouldn’t just be a job to him. 

He wouldn’t need to make stupid and untrue claims about walking away if he became a burden, he’d actually just do it. He’s one person who would attempt to tell Venky’s a few home truth instead of being all servile and subservient.

It’s been us v them since day one. It’d be nice to have one of us in a position of influence. However, our overlords would not like this and would probably bin him within a fortnight.

Honestly I don't need the manager to love the club.

I'd be extremely happy with a manager using Blackburn Rovers as a stepping stone to a bigger job (obviously there aren't bigger jobs in world football, but some people won't be told) - that would mean he'd do a professional job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Someone tweeting Rich Sharpe that they were at some grass roots game in Middlesbrough and Mowbray was there and telling people he didn't expect to be manager by the end of the season.

This is what someone tweeted below:

"Yet he was telling parents at a grassroots game in Middlesbrough, he’s unsure if he’ll be @Rovers manager at the end of the season."

Can you share these tweets please.

He is out of contract at the end of the season, so I very much doubt that there is more to read into it than that.

I think (may be wrong) that the second tweet reads like Mercer which would remove any likelihood of it being correct.

• Like 2

Mowbray isn’t going on to bigger and better things after Rovers. Not in terms of wage, not in terms of stature of the club, not in terms of being allowed to be part of an operation happy to lose £20 million a season with him at the helm.

I genuinely believe he’s waiting for the payoff which frankly can’t come soon enough. Unfortunately for him and the club the Venkys might just give him a new deal. 

• Like 5