BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Luckily for Mowbray he's only got 2 days until the Sheff Utd fixture. Club twitter account has been trying to placate the twitter mob by promising to 'put it right' on Saturday.

He only needs to batten down the hatches until Friday. Then it will be pre-match presser time and he will be able to turn the focus away from tonight's disaster an on to the next one. 

'We've a game tomorrow to prepare for' 

'We'll make sure it doesn't happen again'

'We've had words and put it behind us now and look forward, still in a decent position in the league'

'No point making a change when we've a game in 2 days then we've got the international break to get some injuries back'

Then we play a mediocre Sheff Utd side but with a few well known players and also in the PL last season so armed with excuses for a defeat. But assuming we don't get completely pummeled - which we won't because lightning won't strike twice in a row and Sheffield aren't good enough - then even a narrow competitive defeat will be applauded as improvement, players fighting for the manager blah blah blah and before we know it another 2 weeks pass by and 

Meanwhile Cardiff and Barnsley get their pick of the decent managers out there and by the time we go to Bristol we are well through November. 

On and on it goes.

Get to December and they will turn the focus onto bringing in better players in January to keep people dangling for a few more weeks. 

We're being played and yet so many people can't see it.

I wonder what the player tweets will be like...same old shit, thank the fans, put it right on Saturday, we.go again 💪💪

8 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Personal lows for me under this horrific shit show:

• Relegated to Third Tier.

• Lowest crowds at Ewood for 30+ years.

• Biggest hammering I have ever seen us take at Ewood Park.

This Circus show just keeps on a Rollin...

You cannot be leaving out 2 wins in 17 matches.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

We will never improve or move on under Venky's.  Managers have come and gone in the last decade but the shambles continues.   The cause of of our problems are in Pune.  Managers and CEO's are merely a symptom of the real problem - owners who aren't interested and still, a decade on, haven't a clue how to run a football club.  If they were interested Mowbray would have gone a couple of seasons ago.

Funny thing is Parson, I'm fairly sure it's incorrect to say that they don't know what's going on down at Ewood or "aren't interested".

They have a funny way of going about things by our conventional yardsticks though and unless they start employing the right calibre of people and there is root and branch reform throughout the Club and they are prepared to step in swiftly if things start going wrong in future,  it's hard to see much chance of any improvement.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

9 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The whole shit show needs to be removed Rev....please stop kidding yourself.

The Club is in real danger.

Yeah, I'm not just basing it on on some random hope that things will miraculously improve out of nowhere SG, I'm not that daft.

Any cautious optimism is on the basis of specific information received but unfortunately having (supposedly) grand plans for the Club and leaving Waggott/Mowbray/ Venus et al in situ is completely incompatible.

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yeah, I'm not just basing it on on some random hope that things will miraculously improve out of nowhere SG, I'm not that daft.

Any cautious optimism is on the basis of specific information received but unfortunately having (supposedly) grand plans for the Club and leaving Waggott/Mowbray/ Venus et al in situ is completely incompatible.

For that 'specific information' to have any standing it has to come from the man in the shadows or above him.

Anything else is toilet paper.

That is the reality.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well,  I've been partially supportive of the owners recently because I do think they've shown tremendous financial commitment to the Club over the last ten years or so and never more so than recently in the aftermath of the pandemic.

I was however appalled when Mowbray was not sacked at the back end of last season after amongst other things:

- delivering the 3rd worst run over a 16 game period in our 145 year history.

-- saying he didn't bother looking at the table

- and taking off our RB during a game, replacing him with a CF then changing said CF for a CH ten minutes later.

Then there's the scandal of our best players all being allowed to run their contracts down. A proper manager and CEO would have prioritised resources to protect the Club's most valuable assets and would have sacrificed some of the less valuable ones.

There's surely little chance now of anyone signing anything unless Mowbray and his motley assortment of deadbeats on the bench are sacked. Rothwell's face when he was as usual hauled off last night shortly after the hour mark was an absolute picture.

The reason I was so adamant Mowbray had to go last season was that this one would be (at best) wasted if he stayed. Exactly the same scenario applies to next season if he is allowed to see this one out - there's a good chance that will be wasted as well unless someone can transform us more or less overnight.

It has been left far too long to sack him already but it's never too late to try and bring about some improvement by getting rid now as opposed to exacerbating the situation by leaving him in situ 

I and several other have heard hints of relatively impressive sounding plans to transform the future of the Club over the next few years. I'm prepared to take those apparent good intentions at face value at this stage but unfortunately that doesn't square with the inertia where Waggott, Mowbray and his coaching staff are concerned.

He should have gone last season but didn't and we're going to pay for it with several more results of this ilk I fear, along with theoretically valuable players leaving for next to nothing.

Just as Mowbray has knackered up the efforts of the Commercial Department to drum up a bit of interest in the Club with the Sheff Utd promotion thanks to last night's shambles, so he will knacker up any good intentions the owners may have for the medium term if allowed to remain in his post.

And, unfortunately,even for me it will become increasingly difficult to believe in the veracity of the owners motives if he and Waggott are not removed. We can't succeed with them in situ no matter how much money the owners pump in in good faith.

If the owners are genuinely serious about reviving our fortunes Waggott and Mowbray HAVE to go. And quickly.

How much better would the 146 year "celebrations" had been had they coincided with the unveiling of (say) Hughes or Wilder, Tom Finn, a proficient coaching staff and the the promise of a new era?

Every day Mowbray and Co remain in their posts is another day wasted, and more fans potentially lost forever.

If posters do a quick 'find and replace' on Revs post above - find Mowbray and replace with Venkys we'll be somewhere near the real reason the clubs in the shit.

If we brought in Pep Guardiola and his coaching staff tomorrow, we'd still have:

No club structure

No scouting network

No footballing people running the club

Out of contract players

No transfer budget

Youth team players filling gaps in the senior squad

Wages way beyond our income (They've been here for 11yrs FFS, time enough to get books under control)

The ground would still be dump

The commercial dept still wouldn't pick up the phone from local business offering sponsorship.

Dodgy deals with training ground

The list just goes on and on.....

Yes the product on the pitch isn't great, yes the manager isn't great, but don't be fooled by this narrative that Venkys are keeping us afloat, pumping millions in, they're killing this club and will continue to do so whilst posters like Rev look the other way.

• Like 7

The Vs hierarchy the ones who actually control the purse strings and have to be involved in any major decision just do not care.

Their use for the club is moving money, getting rid of profit etc on the books and the small bit of publicity around the world the club gets. That's it the top and bottom of it it's just an accounting tool to them.

Some of the others below might be bothered when they take an interest now and again but they are powerless.  This has been an issue since day one and will never change and nobody should be surprised to see this coaching set up get new deals all round.

Don't rock the boat, get paid. End of story.

The most alarming thing is just when you've hit a new low and assume it'll never get any worse........ Well it can with this lot all their money does is form an umbrella over the club it doesn't stop the rain.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

We will never improve or move on under Venky's.  Managers have come and gone in the last decade but the shambles continues.   The cause of of our problems are in Pune.  Managers and CEO's are merely a symptom of the real problem - owners who aren't interested and still, a decade on, haven't a clue how to run a football club.  If they were interested Mowbray would have gone a couple of seasons ago.

Bang on Parson.

Its not as if the fans have been inpatient, we've tried new CEO's, we've supported new managers and coaches for the last 11yrs.

The latest one is the fans are talking to the club, things are improving, but no mention of selling the club to some dodgy company 6months after trying to sell to Mcalpine for houses.....its already a sham.

This club doesn't improve until Venkys leave, spot on.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 8

32 minutes ago, Gav said:

Bang on Parson.

Its not as if the fans have been inpatient, we've tried new CEO's, we've supported new managers and coaches for the last 11yrs.

That has been clear for years. They are the cancer in the body of Blackburn Rovers.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

If posters do a quick 'find and replace' on Revs post above - find Mowbray and replace with Venkys we'll be somewhere near the real reason the clubs in the shit.

If we brought in Pep Guardiola and his coaching staff tomorrow, we'd still have:

No club structure

No scouting network

No footballing people running the club

Out of contract players

No transfer budget

Youth team players filling gaps in the senior squad

Wages way beyond our income (They've been here for 11yrs FFS, time enough to get books under control)

The ground would still be dump

The commercial dept still wouldn't pick up the phone from local business offering sponsorship.

Dodgy deals with training ground

The list just goes on and on.....

Yes the product on the pitch isn't great, yes the manager isn't great, but don't be fooled by this narrative that Venkys are keeping us afloat, pumping millions in, they're killing this club and will continue to do so whilst posters like Rev look the other way.

Hypothetically if you brought in Guardiola then you've solved problems 1-4 and 6 at a stroke and problem 5 wouldn't go away completely as the transfer budget would still be limited by FFP restrictions. 

You would however have a fabulous coach who would work with and undoubtedly improve the existing playing staff.

Point taken re: the off the field matters, they would need sorting out as well.

The owners need to sack Mowbray, Venus and Lowe today. Appoint Damien Johnson as caretaker manager for Sheffield United game. 

Then speak to 3 or 4 managers and then pick your preferred choice. I see 3 good candidates for the job if we had a vacancy who are Gareth Ainsworth, Chris Wilder and Alex Neil. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

Bang on Parson.

The latest one is the fans are talking to the club, things are improving, but no mention of selling the club to some dodgy company 6months after trying to sell to Mcalpine for houses.....its already a sham.

The Venkys leave, we go under and the real vultures circle. No one with good intentions will buy the club in its current state. There’s so much more debt and high salary people to pay compensation to. That’s why I was hoping for a lucky break, we get promotion and when the inevitable relegation comes we at least offload some of the debt and make the club an attractive proposition once more.

As it is the future looks very bleak with or without them.

I’m sad to say I think the club is well and truly f***ed unless another Jack Walker comes along and he was one in a million.

• Like 1