BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

28 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

I know it wouldn't take much to change the odds but has come in from 50/1 to 8/1 in a couple of hours

Mowbray to Ipswich and Kean to Hibs, should make a nice double and pay for the Christmas drinks, if it comes in.

• Like 2

As i predicted hot on the heels of the few newspaper articles the other week we now have a club suddenly allegedly after him. Not a hint of anyone wanting the genius in the last 5 years.

If he signs off with a good finish this season then goes down there that might be the best for everyone.

He'll do nowt at Ipswich without a big budget.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As i predicted hot on the heels of the few newspaper articles the other week we now have a club suddenly allegedly after him. Not a hint of anyone wanting the genius in the last 5 years.

If he signs off with a good finish this season then goes down there that might be the best for everyone.

He'll do nowt at Ipswich without a big budget.

Quite possibly he'll do nowt at Ipswich with a big budget

• Like 1

I went on the Ipswich forum at lunchtime to see what they had to say about this. I have to say I find it fascinating the difference of opinion and how highly they regard him.

To me I wouldn't be bothered if he went although to be honest it would sum up what a shambles this club is if it were to happen at this juncture. 

Yet the Ipswich lot seem almost giddy with excitement. Salivating at the mere prospect of it. Bizarre really.

I know he was popular there as a player yet his managerial career hardly sets pulses racing. We are on a good run and doing well but take away the last month or so and we have been much of a muchness in the Championship for the last 3 years.

A popular name in the betting there is Neil Harris who got Millwall out of League One, kept them in the Championship and did an Ok job at Cardiff yet they are lukewarm as to his credentials yet Mowbray who got us out of League One (with a lot better squad), kept us in the Championship is seen as an incredible appointment.

47 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I went on the Ipswich forum at lunchtime to see what they had to say about this. I have to say I find it fascinating the difference of opinion and how highly they regard him.

To me I wouldn't be bothered if he went although to be honest it would sum up what a shambles this club is if it were to happen at this juncture. 

Yet the Ipswich lot seem almost giddy with excitement. Salivating at the mere prospect of it. Bizarre really.

I know he was popular there as a player yet his managerial career hardly sets pulses racing. We are on a good run and doing well but take away the last month or so and we have been much of a muchness in the Championship for the last 3 years.

A popular name in the betting there is Neil Harris who got Millwall out of League One, kept them in the Championship and did an Ok job at Cardiff yet they are lukewarm as to his credentials yet Mowbray who got us out of League One (with a lot better squad), kept us in the Championship is seen as an incredible appointment.

It shouldn't do really, but they're in such a desperate state I can see why. Club that size who have spent (relative) megabucks in that league and in their third season they're as close to the relegation spots than the play offs. Then there's Mowbray, a former player with a recent record of getting out of that league at the first attempt, buying a player like Dack for the same sort of fee they've been paying, playing reasonably attacking football and currently sitting 4th in the division above.

Obviously that's ignoring the long list of negatives that come with TM as manager - but I think if you were to offer our last five years or so to Ipswich fans (or Sunderland fans) they'd be throwing street parties. 

• Like 1

Lots of people full of glee at the prospect of Mowbray going to Ipswich. Who will Rovers replace him with? Paul Cook? Mick McCarthy? Alex Neil?

You don't appreciate what you've got til it's gone. (Is that from Yellow Taxi?) 

• Like 2