BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

I'm not being funny unsall but what have you been watching for the past 12 months?

What makes you think we'll turn it around before Christmas?

The comparison to 1992 is just crackers.

Wasn’t comparing anything, just a fact, 6 games ago we weren’t doing that badly, just been hit with a lot of injuries, just saying not to be hasty, we’ve been down that route before, like I’ve said let’s give it to Xmas, and see where we are, entitled to an opinion aren’t I. It’s not 1995, we have to progress slowly, if TM can’t push us on any further, no problem change the manager, but need to wait till New Year,IMO.

Just now, Hasta said:

Underwhelmed, like I felt when they appointed Mowbray.  But once you believe we are going backwards and in danger of going down then it's better rolling the dice. 

Well I didn't when Mowbray was appointed. I was very surprise how quick we appoint someone. Senior told me the reasons why he appointed him. 

We don't know what Waggott or owners think so far. 

Just now, unsall said:

Wasn’t comparing anything, just a fact, 6 games ago we weren’t doing that badly, just been hit with a lot of injuries, just saying not to be hasty, we’ve been down that route before, like I’ve said let’s give it to Xmas, and see where we are, entitled to an opinion aren’t I. It’s not 1995, we have to progress slowly, if TM can’t push us on any further, no problem change the manager, but need to wait till New Year,IMO.

Yep, we're all entitled to our opinions.

I've seen more than enough over 2 years, if you haven't then that's your opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well I didn't when Mowbray was appointed. I was very surprise how quick we appoint someone. Senior told me the reasons why he appointed him. 

We don't know what Waggott or owners think so far. 

They could hardly be chuffed chaddy could they? 

8 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Suhail,the man who was observed laughing and taking pictures of drenched protesters outside Ewood.

Top bloke.

Just like his bosses/partners turning up in a fleet of Limos on live tv when the hysteria against them was at a peak he probably had no idea what all the fuss was about.

Or he just don't give a toss....

Just now, unsall said:

It does what it says on the tin and peoples opinions are built on nearly 3 years not 3 months of this season.

You face exactly the same potential problems changing manager at Xmas, after the next window as you would do now. More so because there might be a few available now that won't be then.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

If change needs making by christmas then we might as well get on with it. It could take till christmas for a new manager to get in and assess the situation and try to do something about it in the January window. If we wait till christmas to change then well miss the window or rush and make stupid mistakes again. Get it done now and we have a chance of doing a bit better than just surviving

I hope that's a copy of an email you've sent to the Venkys, Gumboots.

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I'll give you its tougher to get over these days. Rovers being utter cack doesn't help either. 

I did alot of drinking and partying in my 20's. Now im not in my 30's I'm family man with different prorities now. Tho those drinking days were excellent and enjoyable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Send to Venkys as an attachment to that email, with an explanation that 24th is bottom and not top:

Capture.JPG

This pattern was set last winter so it's no surprise and i think it will be the pattern all season. The odd win/lose/draw in between just keeping our heads up before the usual late season rally eases the tension.

Changes MUST be made in summer.

Just now, tomphil said:

This pattern was set last winter so it's no surprise and i think it will be the pattern all season. The odd win/lose/draw in between just keeping our heads up before the usual late season rally eases the tension.

Changes MUST be made in summer.

I hope you are right, but think that is a tad optimistic.

I can see us going down with a whimper unless a (good) change is made quite soon.

Just now, martonrover said:

I hope you are right, but think that is a tad optimistic.

I can see us going down with a whimper unless a (good) change is made quite soon.

Oh yeah it could easily go the other way iv'e no doubts but i actually have more faith in the team itself than the manager.  It is better than what it shows so i think we'll give someone a hiding at some point every now and then.  

Might have to wait a while though!

Edited by tomphil