BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom Away

Having Cunningham in at Left Back has given me a new lease of optimism.Seems to be pretty straight forward selection. 

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

————-Travis—Johnson—————-

—-Armstrong— Dack ——-Rothwell

—————-Gallagher—————

I prefer Rothwells pace, away from home especially, Bennett should be benched for Nyambe, but he hasn’t made any catastrophic errors this week, yet, so keeps the Jersey.

As someone mentioned earlier, Buckley and JRC are banging on the door..

If we could find out scoring boots, we have some decent talent to kick on.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, rigger said:

What are decent pubs near New St  Station.

Depending on what you like you'll have the Shakespeare/Post Office like Mattyblue has said, do some great ales.

If you want a more quiet drink (Blues will be at home so most of the cheaper pubs, Wetherspoons, Sun on the Hill etc will probably be full of noses) directly opposite New Street there is a hotel, if you go into the hotel but turn left down a set of stairs there's a quirky bar there called Bacchus. Great selection of beers, ciders, spirits and wines.

Another pub worth going is the Wellington. You'll wanna walk up a place called Bennetts Hill - if you walk along the main route in the city centre towards a Tesco Express/Bella Italia you'll find it. Walk up Bennetts Hill towards Colmore Row and you'll see the Wellington along the way. If the weather is good it has a great rooftop beer garden that is surrounded on all sides by high rise buildings - this does get full though!!

You could then carry on going up towards Colmore Row and there's an abundance of bars/pubs. One called The Old Stock Exchange or something. Great pub!

Depending on your time in the city centre I'd suggest maybe walking towards the Jewellery Quarter also. Loads of pubs and won't be frequented by the blues fans.

To be honest though if you throw your hat in the centre it will land on the doorstep of a pub. They aren't in short supply.

1100 or so sold according to Rovers. Expected a few more to be travelling but maybe the fans are 'intimidated' by West Brom's 'passionate' crowd.

I've just about had enough of Mowbray's drivel which is eagerly lapped up by the website and Telegraph. Always putting Rovers down, dampening expectations and promoting our rivals as bigger and better than they are. 

Wish he would just focus on doing what Neil Harris and Jose Gomes have done recently. 

I thought it would be more, not too far, good price. Anecdotally I know a fair few going.

Looks as if the spike in followings that began in the League 1 season and carried on into last season has now subsided and we will be back to our standard 1,000 or so for Saturday games.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I thought it would be more, not too far, good price. Anecdotally I know a fair few going.

Looks as if the spike in followings that began in the League 1 season and carried on into last season has now subsided and we will be back to our standard 1,000 or so for Saturday games.

That is 100% the reason. We won't even sell out preston this year I guarantee. Max 3k.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

1100 or so sold according to Rovers. Expected a few more to be travelling but maybe the fans are 'intimidated' by West Brom's 'passionate' crowd.

I've just about had enough of Mowbray's drivel which is eagerly lapped up by the website and Telegraph. Always putting Rovers down, dampening expectations and promoting our rivals as bigger and better than they are. 

Wish he would just focus on doing what Neil Harris and Jose Gomes have done recently. 

You mean the managers of the clubs who have the same points as us give or take 1? So, sorry, what exactly have they done? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You mean the managers of the clubs who have the same points as us give or take 1? So, sorry, what exactly have they done? 

They've gone to West Brom and got results, without building Albion up into something special. Mowbray is now making out to be some monumental task when facing their 'passionate' fans.

Just now, robbojohnno said:

I think quite a few fans on this board are ageist against our Tony, sad to see.

No, just don't enjoy a weekly dose of drivel usually around how good, well supported, formidable the opposition are. I expect more self respect.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

They've gone to West Brom and got results, without building Albion up into something special. Mowbray is now making out to be some monumental task when facing their 'passionate' fans.

Ya, I am pretty sure he is focusing on doing the same thing. He did well against West brom last season. Wouldn't you agree? 

Just now, JHRover said:

Neil Harris on facing West Brom: https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-boss-harris-admits-stern-test-awaits-at-west-bromwich-albion/

Neil Harris on facing Fulham: https://www.newsatden.co.uk/72793-millwalls-harris-fulham-best-in-league-but-weve-sold-out-allocation-and-will-enjoy-it

Yep, do what Harris is doing and don't big up other teams.......................... ?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, robbojohnno said:

I think quite a few fans on this board are ageist against our Tony, sad to see.

An IST or ISM for everything these days. Now that IS sad.

By the way, Mowbray is only 55 years old, younger than Jose for example, it's just that he cames across as past it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I am pretty sure he is focusing on doing the same thing. He did well against West brom last season. Wouldn't you agree? 

Only thanks to a one man show from Harrison Reed in the second half.

And we came away with a point. Not like it was 0-3 or 0-4 or something.

Either way that's gone now. It's what happens tomorrow that counts.

12 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Having Cunningham in at Left Back has given me a new lease of optimism.Seems to be pretty straight forward selection. 

Very much so, the guy has been a brilliant signing - only cloud appears to be the rate at which he acquires bookings, seems to have been booked very game so far!! 

All for a 'hard as nails' defender, but they have to be a bit smarter these days, he can't be far off a ban already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

In fairness a lot of people are on holiday still as well, amount of out of office replies I've had this week is a joke. It's odd though as I know loads of people who were trying to get on our coach which sold out weeks ago so expected more.

You're right about the league 1 novelty though, we need to start really pumping a few teams if we want to build the away followings up again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

No, just don't enjoy a weekly dose of drivel usually around how good, well supported, formidable the opposition are. I expect more self respect.

So it looks like you got it wrong re Harris, don’t think TM is coming out with drivel, just doesn’t like saying we should be battering teams,or over confident, likes to play it down. Surprised you are saying this, as from your own admission, you’re not the most optimistic person re Rovers even though you attend all the games, you never seem to have a good word re the manager/ management/ marketing etc.

Just now, unsall said:

So it looks like you got it wrong re Harris, don’t think TM is coming out with drivel, just doesn’t like saying we should be battering teams,or over confident, likes to play it down. Surprised you are saying this, as from your own admission, you’re not the most optimistic person re Rovers even though you attend all the games, you never seem to have a good word re the manager/ management/ marketing etc.

I admit I'm not the most optimistic person and I tend to have high expectations and am often critical of Rovers. But that criticism is done behind.closed doors either at home, to friends who support Rovers or on here to fellow Rovers fans.

I'll never criticise the club to fans of other clubs and will never put Rovers down or big up rival clubs in the presence of others.

As I've said before, a line is crossed in my mind when the manager and spokesman for Blackburn Rovers is going on the website and all over the media saying things like:

We shouldn't be 'intimidated' by West Brom's 'passionate crowd'

Middlesbrough and Stoke are 'huge clubs' that we are looking forward to 'competing' with

Bristol City sell out every week and get 30,000 on watching roaring their team on.

All those things are not only incorrect but needless and self-deprecating. I don't know what he is trying to achieve by lavishing false praise or statuses on run of the mill 2nd division sides no bigger or better than us but I don't want to see it in public. Anyone would think we were Burton Albion or Yeovil having a brief foray into the 2nd division way beyond any expectations.

Don't see Harris coming out with tripe about West Brom's passionate crowds. Just an honest assessment that it's a tough game. 

• Like 1

WBA don't have as good a team as last year but I still expect the Hawthorns to be one of the toughest away grounds to visit as the season unfolds. I would take a draw but fear we may lose this one.

I expect the same team that beat Hull a couple of weeks ago.

Can Gally go on a goalscoring run now that he's off the mark?