BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (H)

Just now, Stuart said:

Without our debt, ticking along might be an option (providing relegation wasn’t an immediate threat) but our finances require, nay demand, PL money.

It’s bemusing though that people don’t trust Venkys to pick a better manager (even though they picked Mowbray) but they are trusted to keep on ploughing money into the club indefinitely while Mowbray coasts along.

I agree, one day that tap is getting turned off. But I think the reason people see it that way is a simple one. They have form for keeping ploughing money in (the only exception being the firesale period, though I think the accounts still show money going in?) whereas their form for decent managerial appointments is shocking.

I'm curious - I know like me you seem pretty fed up with TM, but do you want to roll the dice again? I'm near that point but it definitely fills me with trepidation.

Just now, bluebruce said:

No you're right, it's been a sustained process for quite some time now. You didn't think this antipathy has arisen overnight, surely? There have been big question marks since at least the close of the January window. Longer for some, but the way that window ended was the start of deep concern for me.

I'm as frustrated as anyone about the lack of defensive additions both in January and the summer but I think a lot goes on behind the scenes that Mowbray cannot be blamed for. To give him credit he has worked for a regime that demands trips to India, provides a below par business structure at the club and then funds are delayed at the crucial point of transfers. Lambert walked out due to similar issues and many managers would'nt work under a Venky's style ownership. If a genuine improvement on Mowbray was available and (crucially) willing to come then I might be interested, however I can't see us being able to improve on him at the moment. 

• Like 1

Well, at least Cunningham has come in. It was always going to be Bennett at RB as captain today sadly. Wonder if he will cost us a goal today.

Gally lining up at RW is disappointing. 

Edit - looking at BankEnd Rover's post above, I'm probably under-selling it with disappointing, in fairness! It's admittedly piss poor. In fact it might cause us more problems today than Benno at RB. Hopefully neither is the case and this post will look silly in a few hours. But damn is that right side looking worrying.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

The lad is 6ft 4?! Really would like to know the managers thought process about sticking him on the wing.

Doesn’t want Madame and Balaji posing him the Brereton questions again is my bet. Absolute fool - I knew he’d do this after a few games. Gallagher’s not even great in his natural position of up front, let alone on the fecking wing.

Still reckon Boro 1-0 today with more people starting to turn to Mowbray.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Gallagher on the wing when we have Chapman on the bench.

Mowbray is just stubbornly trying to justify the Gallagher purchase 

You thought Chapman was on the bench? That was optimistic mate...he's not in the squad.

Just now, bluebruce said:

I agree, one day that tap is getting turned off. But I think the reason people see it that way is a simple one. They have form for keeping ploughing money in (the only exception being the firesale period, though I think the accounts still show money going in?) whereas their form for decent managerial appointments is shocking.

I'm curious - I know like me you seem pretty fed up with TM, but do you want to roll the dice again? I'm near that point but it definitely fills me with trepidation.

I just think that day is getting closer and closer.

I’ve completely lost patience with him. I can’t think of a decision that he has made since he got us promoted that has been successful.

Including the Charlton line up away in 2018.

Just now, Husky said:

Am I a boycotter?

I'm actually free to go today. The weather is as good as it's ever going to get. Boro is one of "the" games you'd want to see - with a large away following making it a better atmosphere than usual etc.

BUT, the thought of seeing one of Mowbray's tombola specials fills me with dread and I don't feel like going.

Dont go then. Great supporter you are..

• Like 3

Mowbray has wasted 12 million on two average joes. One hasn't worked now he's feeling the pressure to make the most out of the other. Awful business and awful tactics from one of the most fustarting managers I've ever seen. Still fancy is to win but that Gallagher decision seriously has peed me off - Rant over.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely Mowbray didn't sign Brereton can't sign someone for £7m odd and not play him ever. Absolute farce. 

I've never been so wound up by a manager so much and that's saying something.

It really is. Come on. Kean? After the Spurs and I think it was Everton games where we didn't have a shot (I think we had one right at the end of one of them)? I don't mean on target, I mean at all. Then he basically came out and said we played well. Not even then?