BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bury FC rip

Just now, gazsimm said:

The EFL are thinking of letting Bury FC re-join league 2 next season. This must happen for football and every club in the league should support this. It's cruel and unfair Bury FC have been expelled from the league due to 2 bad owners. The club deserves another chance!!!!!

The big question is, how did they end up with owners like this in the first place? If there is a fraud investigation underway, then you have to wonder.

There were some very strange rumblings about Rovers initial takeover, for anyone who remembers and a Western Union Transfer was cited, as shall we say, questionable. 

Edited by lraC

29 minutes ago, lraC said:

The big question is, how did they end up with owners like this in the first place? If there is a fraud investigation underway, then you have to wonder.

There were some very strange rumblings about Rovers initial takeover, for anyone who remembers and a Western Union Transfer was cited, as shall we say, questionable. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

When you watch and listen to that again, it makes you realise that the people who fought to get rid of some of the chancers around back then, out of the club, may well have saved us from a Bury has situation. There was a feeding frenzy back then and I admire every single person who brought what was going on to the forefront of things. I along with plenty of others know of phone calls made by one person, involved in dubious goings out, pleading his innocence and making out he was a victim. He didn't get away with it completely and from what I have learned about him recently, he has got his just deserts. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lraC said:

When you watch and listen to that again, it makes you realise that the people who fought to get rid of some of the chancers around back then, out of the club, may well have saved us from a Bury has situation. There was a feeding frenzy back then and I admire every single person who brought what was going on to the forefront of things. I along with plenty of others know of phone calls made by one person, involved in dubious goings out, pleading his innocence and making out he was a victim. He didn't get away with it completely and from what I have learned about him recently, he has got his just deserts. 

Are you talking about Anderson and these so called issues with the Italian mafia?

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

Are you talking about Anderson and these so called issues with the Italian mafia?

Yes, but not necessarily the Italian Mafia. There were a few dubious characters about the club back then and as you will see with the link below, it all seemed to lead back to the same person/company.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2010-12-16/aristocrat-s-son-starts-soccer-player-investment-opposed-by-u-k-leagues

Just now, lraC said:

Yes, but not necessarily the Italian Mafia. There were a few dubious characters about the club back then and as you will see with the link below, it all seemed to lead back to the same person/company.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2010-12-16/aristocrat-s-son-starts-soccer-player-investment-opposed-by-u-k-leagues

Blocked by pay wall.

The link I was given related to Arezzo, Italy and noted some mafia activity there. It didn't mention Anderson at all but his son played for L'Aguila briefly who are based in Arezzo. So that's the only connection to make from that article. 

So how exactly has Anderson received his comeuppance? I know he lost a tax battle relating to an academy in South Africa but it shouldn't have wiped him out.

Edited by Vinjay17

Anderson has got some very scary people on his trail, hence me saying what I did. If you Google Indoo Sella de Monteluce, you will find that he is an Italian Aristocrat, who was involved with a football investment fund, which in turn is linked to Kentaro 

39 minutes ago, lraC said:

Anderson has got some very scary people on his trail, hence me saying what I did. If you Google Indoo Sella de Monteluce, you will find that he is an Italian Aristocrat, who was involved with a football investment fund, which in turn is linked to Kentaro 

Well according to this article "Global Eleven Ltd" sued Kentaro. They didn't threaten to break Anderson's legs (unfortunately) though obviously people don't normally come out and say that. The son of an aristocrat does not spell gangster to me. Neither does his instagram.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-07/italian-aristocrat-s-fund-sues-after-soccer-investment-flops

https://www.instagram.com/indoosella/?hl=en

Edited by Vinjay17

5 hours ago, lraC said:

Im a firm believer in Karma. Bring it on. 

• Like 2

An appeal from Bury Supporters:

Dear Football Family

If you have been following our plight over the past few weeks and months, you will have seen the anger, anguish and torture this has caused to us Bury fans. What has happened to our club over the past few years has been out of our control, yet we are the ones suffering the most. I am not exaggerating when I say innocent lives and families have been torn apart by what has happened. Following some sterling work from our supporters, supporters trust, MPs and many other people, we have a small chance of being re-admitted into League 2 for the 2020/21 season, as the EFL have agreed to discuss this matter with the remaining 71 members at a meeting in September, with all clubs possibly voting on what happens to us  

We all know, and admit that this is largely our mess and we have to sort this out. We simply have to get our house in order or there will be no support from other clubs - and rightly so. But we have a chance to start to redress the balance where us fans, our supporters trust, our council, the EFL can watch the future Bury FC like a hawk so we do not get into this mess again. We know that we have caused upset to other clubs chairmen in the past by paying high wages. This was something many of us did not want and was done against the wishes and amidst complaints of a good number of Bury fans   All we want is to support the lads in white and blue on a Saturday afternoon no matter who they are, just like you all do with your respective clubs. 

To look at this from another view, we as fans travel well. We know we would be bringing more fans to your grounds than many non league clubs, therefore more money into your own clubs coffers. Bury have regularly had one of the largest away followings compared to home gates, I think regularly around 22/23% of home fans go to away games. Also, for fans who are local to us and have not been too supportive over the past weeks, remember football rivalry is nothing without a rival.

So what can you do? I am pleading with you to lobby your own clubs to show us support at the EFL meeting and should it come to it, vote to re-admit us into League 2. Please email your chairmen and directors. Please display banners and sing our name at your games. Please show your board that you want Bury FC back at your grounds in the next few seasons. We know there is support as a petition has already reached over 45,000 signatures, as well as anti-EFL chants and banners at grounds all over the country last weekend.  

One final word. You are only one bad owner away from being in the mess we are in now. Just ask the fans of Bolton, Blackpool, Coventry and Charlton. It is widely recognised that many more clubs are teetering on the brink of financial ruin. Trust us, you will want all the support you can get if one of those clubs is your club. 

We thank you in advance for your support. 

UTS.   

• Like 3

As much as I feel for Bury fans, the community of Bury and the rather unequal treatment they have been given by the EFL, it would set quite a large precedent if they were now allowed to just jump straight back in a League 2 level next season. A precedent that we may be able to take advantage of in the future (hopefully not). It is unfair to the clubs below them that are run well and have not broken any rules.

18 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Well according to this article "Global Eleven Ltd" sued Kentaro. They didn't threaten to break Anderson's legs (unfortunately) though obviously people don't normally come out and say that. The son of an aristocrat does not spell gangster to me. Neither does his instagram.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-07/italian-aristocrat-s-fund-sues-after-soccer-investment-flops

https://www.instagram.com/indoosella/?hl=en

I think you might have incorrectly picked up on what I said there. I never said Sella was a Gangster, all I have eluded too is that an agent involved in our club at one time, does have some scary people on his trail now. Certain posters on here, know that is correct. I have never suggested that being the son of an aristocrat, spelt gangster. I merely pointed out that this person, was involved in Blackburn Rovers at one point and the global 11 football fund. The fund was set up to market players, increase their value and make money that way, otherwise known as third party ownership. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

As much as I feel for Bury fans, the community of Bury and the rather unequal treatment they have been given by the EFL, it would set quite a large precedent if they were now allowed to just jump straight back in a League 2 level next season. A precedent that we may be able to take advantage of in the future (hopefully not). It is unfair to the clubs below them that are run well and have not broken any rules.

This could happen to any club at any time. It's not the fans or the club's fault it's down to 2 bad owners who have torn Bury FC to bits. How did they pass the fit to purpose test at the EFL?

This could easy happen to Rovers, I feel the football family should stand by Bury FC and support them in every way possible and if that's a league return to league 2 then let it happen.

Some clubs might be running well below them and have good owners at the moment but this does not mean this could change very quickly. Bury FC is one of the longest serving clubs in the football league and this club should not just be killed overnight.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gazsimm said:

This could happen to any club at any time. It's not the fans or the club's fault it's down to 2 bad owners who have torn Bury FC to bits. How did they pass the fit to purpose test at the EFL?

This could easy happen to Rovers, I feel the football family should stand by Bury FC and support them in every way possible and if that's a league return to league 2 then let it happen.

Some clubs might be running well below them and have good owners at the moment but this does not mean this could change very quickly. Bury FC is one of the longest serving clubs in the football league and this club should not just be killed overnight.

I fully agree - I even signed the petition above. Just stating that it would be a big precedent. Any club that falls in future will expect a similar treatment.

• Like 1

As far as I am aware, any iItalian issues a certain person has now are not associated with our club. There appears to be no time overlap. Vinjay is probably  trying to make links which don't exist.

However, the creative interpretation of what constituted a Premier League full back or manager or permissable ownership are well documented history.

Such opinions and creativity presumably continued elsewhere later in circumstances rather less forgiving than exist in North East Lancashire.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

Bury FC met the criteria for expulsion from the EFL as per their rules.

For the EFL to now bow to a maybe majority opinion could well open a can of worms for them.

It may be something that the EFLs current and recent past leadership will wish to give a swerve to.

I expect that they hope that other investigations into Bury's ownership and management make a reinstatement possibility a non-event.

They can't even decide on Bolton's correct points deduction FFS.

Timewasters and chancers infest football from top to bottom and that includes the EFL, IMO

I've just read a post somewhere on the MB referring to the "Football Family", made me laugh that this myth still finds a home

Edited by AllRoverAsia