BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers Documentary / Help Needed!

• Backroom
On 05/09/2019 at 11:31, Herbie6590 said:

A few questions if I may...

Who’s commissioned the documentary ?

Is it your project ? Who controls the editorial line ?

What’s the overall objective ?

Who is the intended audience ?

Why now ? 

Hey Joe. You appear to have responded to most posts in the thread except this one, that poses some pertinent questions. 

I think if you were a bit more open and gave answers to these you may find people a bit more accommodating. 

• Like 1

Just now, Silas said:

Hey Joe. You appear to have responded to most posts in the thread except this one, that poses some pertinent questions. 

I think if you were a bit more open and gave answers to these you may find people a bit more accommodating. 

This is not the music association thread.

• Like 2

Ok, take Venky’s, Kean et al out of it. Sounds like you want it to be about the recent team and managers we’ve had.

But on the pitch we’ve been largely shite, so who on earth would be the slightest bit interested in a documentary about this complete non event of a decade? 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ok, take Venky’s, Kean et al out of it. Sounds like you want it to be about the recent team and managers we’ve had.

But on the pitch we’ve been largely shite, so who on earth would be the slightest bit interested in a documentary about this complete not event of a decade? 

For any Rovers fan born this century, Rovers finishing runners-up in the third division is as big a success as they have ever seen.

If you assume Venkys only really started making decisions when they potted Coyle, they could even be seen as helping us turn a corner. A stabilised club reversing its fortunes.

So it begs the question, which bits do we need to ignore? Sacking Allardyce? Not listening to John Williams? Listening to Anderson? Signing Kean? Promoting Agnew and Shaw? Employing Paul Senior? Berg and Appleton? Selling Rhodes and undermining Lambert? Undermining Cheston by turning down Warnock in favour of Coyle? Backing Mowbray with millions?

When does the clock start for trusting Venkys and moving forward?

Such a surreal thread. It’s like we are back in 2013.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/817352/david-dunn-jeering-blackburn-rovers-fans-need-to-get-real/

Edited by Stuart

2 hours ago, Silas said:

I've responded to this post privately, as the person who asked it will confirm, some time ago. 

It would appear that people don't really care for the truth of this situation - oh well.

But answers to questions followed: 

1. Doc isn't commissioned. Always worked in TV during my short career, have a passion for filmmaking and a passion for Rovers.
2. It is my project, I'm hoping to get a lot of help along the way though!
3. I guess me if you mean what is included and what isn't, but that's why I've created a survey
4. The overall objective is to grow on the 1hr long doc about the Venkys, expand into the last three or four seasons more.
5. I would say intended audience would probably be Rovers fans, rather than the wider world like the last one

Edited by JoeHarvey
Answers Added

ME: "I'm going to make a documentary about Blackburn, won't be focused too much on Venkys and their mistakes, mainly just the team, promotion/relegation, some of the managers etc.. I'd love your thoughts"

THIS THREAD: "This documentary should be about Venkys"

ME: "Well it isn't about them, sorry"

THIS THREAD: "Well you're pathetic, you have an agenda, you're an idiot. This documentary should be about Venkys they are our past, present and future"

ME: "That seems silly, Venkys just aren't the main focus here, theres a doc on youtube all about them"

THIS THREAD: "No you have an agenda, your poll is flawed, you've obviously had the wrong people answer it, their opinions are stupid"

ME: "That also seems erratic, an opinion is an opinion, and you can't just dismiss other people's because they differ from yours"

THIS THREAD: "Either make your Doc about the Venkys or I won't support it at all, you're naive for not making this documentary about the Venkys"

ME: "Oh"

THIS THREAD: "But also I think you've dragged up a load of shite about our past here that nobody wanted to hear about the Venkys etc..."

ME: "But I didn't want the Venkys involved in this in the first place?"

THIS THREAD: "You're breathtakingly naive Joe"

Jesus, where do you get off on this? HAHAHA It's genuinely scary. Never wanted to make a doc about the Venkys, don't intend to now, and would be an idiot to ever consider making one about them.

Don't like it, fine, but take all this Venky bollocks to another thread, I really couldn't care less for a conversation about them, as that's not what this is about. Make your own shitting film about them if you really want to, but please stop hijacking this conversation and trying to force the Venkys agenda at me.

• DE. locked this topic