BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, Neal said:

This fella comes out with some amazingly stupid words. He'd just pay the money clubs are asking if we had it to spend... Seriously? Who can afford to spend that sort of money besides the top 6?

Ya, apparently Pompey wan't £3 million for Curtis and that's too much. A 23 year old full international. 11 goals last season, 10 already this season. He can play up front, on the wing and as a number 10. 

Wouldn't that me a much more logical signing than £6-7 million on an unproven player? 

Very frustrating, Curtis is going to be a player. 

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think the only information you can gleam from that is that nobody actually knows anything.

Exactly.

I think those claiming to be ITK these days just make up things that could in theory be plausible and come off but no real meat to the bones.

It's a lot different to say 10 years ago when info was quite readily leaked from inside, hell fire I used to get good info from people in marketing and even security staff! Not now.

10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Exactly.

I think those claiming to be ITK these days just make up things that could in theory be plausible and come off but no real meat to the bones.

It's a lot different to say 10 years ago when info was quite readily leaked from inside, hell fire I used to get good info from people in marketing and even security staff! Not now.

This could be down to the club not operating on a proper level anymore. A board is usually made up of a handful of directors, each with their own staff, whereas ours is made up of two and only one of them really has any idea about the goings on of the club (Waggot). A lot less people to have information passed through and eventually leaked.

Plus it seems to take us 4 weeks to get information through to our owners so let alone letting the local reporters know. A terrible state of affairs.

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Who replaces Armstrongs goals, even if Armstrong suddenly scores at Dacks level? Even with Dack we didnt score very many.

The entire team chip in. It shouldn't be left to one person to score the goals but we have to get back to basics and start keeping clean sheets and being defensively solid. Can expect out forward/attacking players to score 2 or 3 goals to win or draw. I would take a 1 nil win every game

16 hours ago, bob fleming said:

I’d go 4-4-2 and to hell with it. Get organised, disciplined, stick to the system and let the other team worry about us for a change. Wide men drop back in when we don’t have the ball and help the full backs / midfield. 

I very much agree with this. 

Get back to basics and keep clean sheet. With Armstrong playing up front with Graham or Gallagher we will get chances. Similar to Dyche's way

14 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

I’d sack him all day tomorrow if I was venkys. He’s worse than Coyle.

worse than Coyle? never in a million years. 

How Coyle got the job we will never know 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Such contradicting information at the moment.

ITK'ers confirming we were one of those bidding for Maddison - Sharpe dismisses. 

ITk'ers claiming Dack was never going to be sold - Waggott saying he was (allegedly).

When did Waggott say we were selling Dack in January? If he did then I can 100% assure you all that he had not told the management / coaching team.

Also, I haven’t seen a single reliable person say we’ve bid for Maddison? Just some guy who tweeted the same guff 12 months ago and a bunch of pop up ‘Transfer 9’ accounts...

• Like 1

I'm not a football scout, and no expert by any means, but I don't for the life of me understand why we haven't bid for Maddison.

If his release clause is 2.5m and Ronan Curtis is 3m then we should sign them. 5.5m to basically solve our out wide problems. Play Holtby between them, Graham/Gallagher/Armstrong up top and suddenly you've got a front 4 of players in their actual positions.

If you need to raise 5.5m sell someone but make sure that money is spent on them players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

The entire team chip in. It shouldn't be left to one person to score the goals but we have to get back to basics and start keeping clean sheets and being defensively solid. Can expect out forward/attacking players to score 2 or 3 goals to win or draw. I would take a 1 nil win every game

I very much agree with this. 

Get back to basics and keep clean sheet. With Armstrong playing up front with Graham or Gallagher we will get chances. Similar to Dyche's way

worse than Coyle? never in a million years. 

How Coyle got the job we will never know 

Gallagher wont score goals, I think that is clear.

I think you are expecting something to happen which the current set of players have proven themselves incapable of. We were not scoring enough goals even with Dack playing. To expect a set of attacking players to just "step up" is incredibly naive considering they arent up to it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'm not a football scout, and no expert by any means, but I don't for the life of me understand why we haven't bid for Maddison.

If his release clause is 2.5m and Ronan Curtis is 3m then we should sign them. 5.5m to basically solve our out wide problems. Play Holtby between them, Graham/Gallagher/Armstrong up top and suddenly you've got a front 4 of players in their actual positions.

If you need to raise 5.5m sell someone but make sure that money is spent on them players.

It really highlights the almighty f**k up made spending £7 million on Brereton when you could get Maddison, Curtis and Lyle Taylor all for a little more than BB cost. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

When did Waggott say we were selling Dack in January? If he did then I can 100% assure you all that he had not told the management / coaching team.

Also, I haven’t seen a single reliable person say we’ve bid for Maddison? Just some guy who tweeted the same guff 12 months ago and a bunch of pop up ‘Transfer 9’ accounts...

BburnRovers2288 on page 116

"One particular fit that mowbray likes- as do I- but is unlikely due to money wanted is Ronan Curtis from pompy. Maddison was the back up to this but with Curtis looking unlikely and Maddison talking to Charlton they are having to act fast or will end up with neither- probably the most likely scenario. He is wanting to free armstrong from the wing to focus on up top with dacks goals missing, he sees armstrong as the guy for goals. Struggling with raising capital though. Trying to get a few out the door"

Miller11 FFP thread for the Waggott stuff.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think you are expecting something to happen which the current set of players have proven themselves incapable of. We were not scoring enough goals even with Dack playing. To expect a set of attacking players to just "step up" is incredibly naive considering they arent up to it. 

Whatever about Brereton being a lost cause, I think there is hope for Gallagher. You say he wont score goals,but he already has here, when he was played up front! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Well that's opinion. As I have told you before I think there is a player in Gallagher but the last 2 years of his career hasn't help his development and if anything put him back a year or 2. He had chances against Birmingham where he should have scored hat trick. 

From what Mowbray has said we are looking a winger coming in so that's free Armstrong up who I believe can achieve another 10 goals for us this season if used properly. Also getting back to basics defending wise help and Get Rothwell and Downing wide will help us going forward and Rothwell need to score and assist more. His form isn't not the best but Mowbray and the coaching staff have to get him back to his best

13 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Did we not bid for Maddison and Marriott 18 months ago? Sure it was mention on here

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

BburnRovers2288 on page 116

"One particular fit that mowbray likes- as do I- but is unlikely due to money wanted is Ronan Curtis from pompy. Maddison was the back up to this but with Curtis looking unlikely and Maddison talking to Charlton they are having to act fast or will end up with neither- probably the most likely scenario. He is wanting to free armstrong from the wing to focus on up top with dacks goals missing, he sees armstrong as the guy for goals. Struggling with raising capital though. Trying to get a few out the door"

Miller11 FFP thread for the Waggott stuff.

He’s not said we’ve bid for Maddison though? Just that there’s interest. Sharpe has said we haven’t bid. So there’s no confusion.

Where does this suggest that Waggot has stated we were going to sell Dack? 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Where does this suggest that Waggot has stated we were going to sell Dack? His ‘missing’ goals are because of his injury.

Read through the Miller11 thread where it apparently came from the horses mouth (Waggott) at the fans forum that the plan was to sell Dack.

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

No link to us as far as I know, but notice Chelsea have recalled Connor Gallagher from Charlton, presumably to loan out again. 

Would love him, top player

I saw him being linked with the Dingles.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Where does this suggest that Waggot has stated we were going to sell Dack? His ‘missing’ goals are because of his injury.

I spoke to someone, who had been in last night's supporters' meeting and my impression was just a repeat of what TM had said previously..i.e. selling Dack was the club's insurance position for avoiding FFP...but in the summer- not this window ...only then he got injured etc

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Read through the Miller11 thread where it apparently came from the horses mouth (Waggott) at the fans forum that the plan was to sell Dack.

The plan is / was to sell him to ease Ffp. But not until the summer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I spoke to someone, who had been in last night's supporters' meeting and my impression was just a repeat of what TM had said previously..i.e. selling Dack was the club's insurance position for avoiding FFP...but in the summer- not this window ...only then he got injured etc

Bang on...the club were DEFINITELY NOT going to sell him this January. This is not a friend of a friend thing...it’s not an ‘acquaintance’ either. It’s fact.