BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The plan is / was to sell him to ease Ffp. But not until the summer. 

According to that thread and the person who was at the fans forum - it was this window.

I dont know what the hell is going on - so much contradicting information coming from all sides. I woud like for anyone who was at the fans forum to confirm what Waggott said.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He’s not said we’ve bid for Maddison though? Just that there’s interest. Sharpe has said we haven’t bid. So there’s no confusion.

Where does this suggest that Waggot has stated we were going to sell Dack?  

it would be good to hear directly from someone who attend the meeting directly 

• Like 1

Best way to look at the Dack sale is this, they might have sold this window if there'd been a nice big enough bid to consider it.  Otherwise his name would've been circulated in summer and behind the scenes they'd have been actively trying to punt him through 3 rd parties.

Pretty standard stuff really and something we all knew was going to happen at some point anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Bang on...the club were DEFINITELY NOT going to sell him this January. This is not a friend of a friend thing...it’s not an ‘acquaintance’ either. It’s fact.

Surely, we all knew Dack was the insurance for FFP. TM has said it on multiple occasions.

I think we do have real problems with 1)failure to hook enough match goers-partly a result of the poor fare(on top of recent history), 2) pissing money away on at least 2 very poor signings and 3) the fact that wages are so far ahead of income, so it's no surprise that FFP is a threat.

I think there is a significant credibility gap too. If we are genuinely aiming for top 6 (lol), we must have a balanced squad and play appropriate players in key positions.

There is a real, hopeless sense of the club settling for sterile, mid to lower table mediocrity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Anyone know anything about the Gillingham fullback mentioned in the LET? Surely we’re trying to roll him into the deal for Samuel? 

Connor Ogilvie. Came through the Spurs academy. Played for England at under 16 and under 17 level

2 minutes ago, andybrfc said:

hello  

In my opinion we could do with a proper goal scorer as we have enough creators  YES hes available and can for sure do the job for Rovers; Dwight Gayle

DG and DG up front together would be good.

3 minutes ago, andybrfc said:

hello  

In my opinion we could do with a proper goal scorer as we have enough creators  YES hes available and can for sure do the job for Rovers; Dwight Gayle

Newcastle want wages of 60k paying in full but no loan fee but if Promotion is achieved then a 20 mill pounds fee guaranteed 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Newcastle want wages of 60k paying in full but no loan fee but if Promotion is achieved then a 20 mill pounds fee guaranteed 

This is all irrelevant. What's key is how long it would take him to be a Rovers player under Mowbray i.e become absolute dog shit. 

in my opinion

Dwight Gayle is def worth 10 million but def not 20 M   and his wages for sure we could bid at around 30k a week  YES hed be worth this especally if he gets us fired up   YES Newcastlke are greedy especially Mikey Ishley the greedy ££uckir

but no one will pay what he expects and hence its best to negotiate a good deal for BRFC with him

Just now, andybrfc said:

in my opinion

Dwight Gayle is def worth 10 million but def not 20 M   and his wages for sure we could bid at around 30k a week  YES hed be worth this especally if he gets us fired up   YES Newcastlke are greedy especially Mikey Ishley the greedy ££uckir

but no one will pay what he expects and hence its best to negotiate a good deal for BRFC with him

Not gonna happen though is it. We dont have 10 mil to spend - we did but we bought two lanky 6-footers that have about 3 goals between them in the last 18 months.

hello

This can happen with the gaffer gets on the phone sooner,

BRFC require a goal scorer  and theres one available at Newcastle as hes fallen out with management and not needed at the club.

we need a bad, horrible nasty, rough player who will $uck for a goal and in my opinion that bad player should be Dwight Gayle  

we certainly dont need Mr nice guys at BRFC especially as strikers

and in my opinon a sriker needs to be ruthless like Dwight gayle.

10 minutes ago, andybrfc said:

in my opinion

I doubt very much that Mike Ashley has got to where he is in life by being the pushover in negotiations that you are assuming.

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I spoke to someone, who had been in last night's supporters' meeting and my impression was just a repeat of what TM had said previously..i.e. selling Dack was the club's insurance position for avoiding FFP...but in the summer- not this window ...only then he got injured etc

Wonder what the next 'insurance policy' might be once Dack has been sold?  [other than the current directors running away from any liability] - I can't see much realisable value in the rest of the squad, or any prospects of the wages:revenue equation changing much.  In the scheme of things, sale of Dack might only cover a years' worth of losses - assuming there's no sell on clause to benefit Gillingham.

Maybe they should sell the naming rights to Ewood before it gets banned by the EFL, Derby, Boro', and I think WBA seem to have got away with it......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wasn't like for like. The Assombolonga deal would have cost twice as much fee and wages. 

Twice as much maybe but I bet he’d have more than 2 goals.