BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Screenshot_20200114-143427_Twitter.jpg

Transfer window time, ie time for Alan Nixon to suggest that an unnamed player who he cannot name might or might not be coming. Can't be proved wrong (or right) and possibly talking out of his arse to get people to desperately beg him for clues. No name and no information, not a talking point!

Regarding your point about attacking players, like I maintain, there is absolutely no basis or historical suggestion that some of our attacking players are suddenly going to start scoring and assisting with regularity. When we didnt score enough with our best player, without him we are impotent. The main 2 are Armstrong, who cannot be expected to cover the goals he was AND Dack was all of a sudden, and Graham, who seems to be on the wane. 

We dont score enough with Dack, never mind without him. Rothwell has no history of scoring and assisting really, Downing is a good player but is not going to do anything more than chip in with a few, Holtby is a good player but has never scored many goals, Gallagher has a shocking goal record, Brereton is Brereton, Samuel is crap and potentially leaving, who is going to step up.

This Ronan Curtis has good numbers albeit in a Lower League, if we could get him in and a striker, someone like Neketiah or Rhodes on loan, then we would look a lot better but I sense that our window is going to be quiet and disappointing and if it is our season is set to fizzle out.

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Bang on...the club were DEFINITELY NOT going to sell him this January. This is not a friend of a friend thing...it’s not an ‘acquaintance’ either. It’s fact.

You cant expect people to just take that word as gospel though, its not fact, its a theory that will now never be proven or disproven.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lenihan and Nyambe would get you the bones of £5 mil each. Travis would surely get a few bob in too. Armstrong worth more than we paid for him. I still think someone would sign Gallagher for £2.5-3 mil. None the cash cow that Dack is. I wouldn't be too happy if we sold Lenihan or especially Nyambe in lieu of Dack. 

No chance that Gallagher would have suitors for that sort of fee, considering that he is probably one off if not our highest earner so a club would have to take those wages on. If that was the case, we would be foolish not to cut our losses now, but I suspect that even if we waived a fee there would hardly be a queue forming. 

This isnt aimed at you, but people keep banging on about a really bang average season he had here previously as if he was prolific, and also using the fact that he is sometimes on the wing as a suggestion that hes been hard done by, when indeed he has played more games up top and has been just as dismal.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We might as well forget about Dwight Gayle lads and pretend he was never mentioned. 
It will be easier for us come February 1.

Personally, I'd lock the thread until we're genuinely linked with anyone, otherwise it's just pages and pages of worthless, idle speculation.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Transfer window time, ie time for Alan Nixon to suggest that an unnamed player who he cannot name might or might not be coming. Can't be proved wrong (or right) and possibly talking out of his arse to get people to desperately beg him for clues. No name and no information, not a talking point!

Regarding your point about attacking players, like I maintain, there is absolutely no basis or historical suggestion that some of our attacking players are suddenly going to start scoring and assisting with regularity. When we didnt score enough with our best player, without him we are impotent. The main 2 are Armstrong, who cannot be expected to cover the goals he was AND Dack was all of a sudden, and Graham, who seems to be on the wane. 

We dont score enough with Dack, never mind without him. Rothwell has no history of scoring and assisting really, Downing is a good player but is not going to do anything more than chip in with a few, Holtby is a good player but has never scored many goals, Gallagher has a shocking goal record, Brereton is Brereton, Samuel is crap and potentially leaving, who is going to step up.

This Ronan Curtis has good numbers albeit in a Lower League, if we could get him in and a striker, someone like Neketiah or Rhodes on loan, then we would look a lot better but I sense that our window is going to be quiet and disappointing and if it is our season is set to fizzle out.

Well maybe not for you a talking point but for others fans its a discuss point instead of going around in circles about past signings. 

Yet again, I have told you my viewpoints on the current squad stepping up to cover the Dack's goal lost. I have told you many times now my view on Gallagher and that I think there is a player there if he plays upfront. I have mention time after time that the 2 years he wasn't here hasn't help his development his game or improving him. 

I don't know much about Curtis just like Maddison has good stats but can they step up a level to produce. We will see. 

No chance of either Nketiah has he has better options like Forest or Villa interest. Rhodes's wages are far too much us. From what Mowbray has said it appears a winger is more the option than a striker. Then we can more Armstrong up front permanently. I don't expect our window to be quiet as I think we will make 3 signings

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Think if Dack kicks a ball for us before Christmas it will be a bonus.  

As for Evans, IMO, he's finished with us for the season.

Has it been confirmed what the extent of his injuries are?

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Think if Dack kicks a ball for us before Christmas it will be a bonus.  

As for Evans, IMO, he's finished with us for the season.

Thanks for the update Dr. 
Any chance you can look at my knee while you’re at it?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well maybe not for you a talking point but for others fans its a discuss point instead of going around in circles about past signings. 

Yet again, I have told you my viewpoints on the current squad stepping up to cover the Dack's goal lost. I have told you many times now my view on Gallagher and that I think there is a player there if he plays upfront. I have mention time after time that the 2 years he wasn't here hasn't help his development his game or improving him. 

I don't know much about Curtis just like Maddison has good stats but can they step up a level to produce. We will see. 

No chance of either Nketiah has he has better options like Forest or Villa interest. Rhodes's wages are far too much us. From what Mowbray has said it appears a winger is more the option than a striker. Then we can more Armstrong up front permanently. I don't expect our window to be quiet as I think we will make 3 signings

I dont understand why you are so desperate to rubbish any thoughts of decent players arriving assuming that you genuinely believe that money is there. Why are we now unable to compete with Forest, especially considering that they already have a good striker so it will be more difficult for him to get regular football there? And if Wigan want Rhodes, which I am skeptical about, then hed surely rather come here.

Gallagher has played up front more often than not, and has been absolute dog shit. Lets just hope he has a sudden transformation into a competent Championship striker.

Sadly I am not sure we will see regarding Curtis as I suspect the cost will be beyond our means.

We will see anyway. Hopefully you are right and we do have money and make numerous additions. And also Id love Gallagher, Rothwell, Chapman etc to all start scoring goals regularly all of a sudden but id be amazed if they did.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont understand why you are so desperate to rubbish any thoughts of decent players arriving assuming that you genuinely believe that money is there. Why are we now unable to compete with Forest, especially considering that they already have a good striker so it will be more difficult for him to get regular football there? And if Wigan want Rhodes, which I am skeptical about, then hed surely rather come here.

Gallagher has played up front more often than not, and has been absolute dog shit. Lets just hope he has a sudden transformation into a competent Championship striker.

Sadly I am not sure we will see regarding Curtis as I suspect the cost will be beyond our means.

We will see anyway. Hopefully you are right and we do have money and make numerous additions. And also Id love Gallagher, Rothwell, Chapman etc to all start scoring goals regularly all of a sudden but id be amazed if they did.

Wigan did want Rhodes but cant afford his wages. We cant afford 35k a week for Rhodes. simple as it goes. on the Arsenal striker, the latest is that he will go to Bristol City on loan. Where he should have gone instead of Leeds united. 

I've already discussed and posted my view point on Gallagher. 

Get the defence right and solid then we only have to score 1 to wins games

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wigan did want Rhodes but cant afford his wages. We cant afford 35k a week for Rhodes. simple as it goes. on the Arsenal striker, the latest is that he will go to Bristol City on loan. Where he should have gone instead of Leeds united. 

I've already discussed and posted my view point on Gallagher. 

Its unrealistic to expect to keep clean sheets in every game, you have to be able to score more than one goal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its unrealistic to expect to keep clean sheets in every game, you have to be able to score more than one goal.

Never said keep clean sheets every game. But I want at least 6 or 7 beforr end of the season..

Play the way I said in 4-4-2 formation and we score goals. 

Dyche did it at Burnley..

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray hasn't got the defence right in three years. Why do you think he'll figure out now?

Oh wait, I forgot I'm on ignore. ^_^

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never said keep clean sheets every game. But I want at least 6 or 7 beforr end of the season..

Play the way I said in 4-4-2 formation and we score goals. 

Dyche did it at Burnley..

He also had better players through better recruitment. The likes of Danny Ings, Andre Gray, Sam Vokes and at times, Charlie Austin and Ashley Barnes all gave them a consistent goal threat. They scored 72 goals in each of their last seasons in this division.

This season, even with Dack, we have scored 1.29 goals a game. Without Dack, that will only decrease you would think. Burnley were scoring 1.56 a game.

We need to improve at both ends of the pitch, and we need to recruit to do that IMO.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

He also had better players through better recruitment. The likes of Danny Ings, Andre Gray, Sam Vokes and at times, Charlie Austin and Ashley Barnes all gave them a consistent goal threat. They scored 72 goals in each of their last seasons in this division.

This season, even with Dack, we have scored 1.29 goals a game. Without Dack, that will only decrease you would think. Burnley were scoring 1.56 a game.

We need to improve at both ends of the pitch, and we need to recruit to do that IMO.

Rodriguez knocked a few in also.

• Like 1

done a little snooping on Ronan Curtis his Instagram story suggests that he’s currently on a flight Which I tracked to Glasgow airport. Could be something of nothing. But this transfer window has been baron, like all Rovers fans I’m bored and ready to latch on to any information possible.