Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I like Rhodes, scored for fun when he was here before.

Mowbray won't be able to get him firing at that rate again though. If Rhodes comes in, it means Gallagher will be permanently on the right.

I'd prefer us to sign a right winger.

Edited by davulsukur
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This. Along with 4000’s post. Why buy two strikers for so much money if it was never the intention to play them both, in their normal position at the same time? Why buy so many midfielders when appare

It's more than just being in this "crap division " for me matey. It's the whole mess, the debt, the powerlessness, the alienation from the fans of the what used to be what I felt was my club, the lots

I see it is being reported that Pardew wants Brereton, in Holland, on loan for the remainder of the season.  However it is also being reported that Rovers are not keen due to lack of striking options.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I like Rhodes, scored for fun when he was here before.

Mowbray won't be able to get hom fiting at that rate again though. If Rhodes comes in, it means Gallagher will be permanently on the right.

I'd prefer us to sign a right winger.

Makes perfect sense, most creative player out, big striker struggling for goals and team in general = answer get them some service.

Mowbrays answer - keep shuffling the pack until you drop on something that works, then alter it again after a couple of weeks because you want your 6'3" striker to stop their left back !

Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Matt Derbyshire? ?

The Blackburn Bullshit Machine (better name coming soon) could even spin the whole 'foreign scouting network'. Win win! Mattio Derbyshirez!

 

Edited by Husky
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I couldn't think of anyone else who seemed likely either.

Joao is too expensive and only been there since summer. Emnes is 32 in May and the most I can find out about his recent career is he is at Vancouver Whitecaps. Can't even find stats. Couldn't envision it being Nuttall returning! Anyone else would be too old, or even retired? Gestede I guess?With his injury record and high wages though...

The post I saw said knowing our luck it'll be Chris Brown!

Not that I'm taking the rumour seriously anyway, was just curious if anyone else has seen it.

It's Anthony Modeste ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you want about Jordan Rhodes but that man scored goals for fun. That wasn't some coinidence. People are so quick to say that he was poor technically, or "boring to watch" (that's my favourite one, HOW can goals be boring to watch!?!?). If we can play to his strengths, back on home soil at a stadium he's scored so many goals at, I do believe he'd get going again for us.

Jordan Rhodes, this French left-back (possibly Udol) and Ronan Curtis wouldn't be the worst window ever, and would certainly be a much better window that I nor anyone else was expecting. Could potentially allow for Samuel to go out to Gillingham on loan, maybe helps the Brereton > Netherlands deal come off too. 

Rhodes, Udol, Curtis - IN
Samuel, Brereton - OUT

Would be a healthy window in my eyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

The French Leftback? id get him for the stepovers alone.

 

7 Minute video and only three clips of him defending. Great little player though. I'd play him on the left wing personally based off of this video...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Coyle was dogshit. Coyle spent his budget on Stokes, Greer, Brown, Hoban, Hendrie, Feeney. Lowe has captain.  Blimey what a joke he was on touchline in his shorts. 

His football was better? No chance. 

Yep Hanley, Duffy and Marshall all wanted to leave. 

How did Coyle get the job when Warnock's contract was sat in Cheston's office ready to be sign? 

After 50 odd years of watching Rovers the day Coyle was appointed was the day I gave up. Only temporarily of course.

I don't get the Rhodes thing. It's not like we're making loads of chances in games and not taking them.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
Link to post
Share on other sites

The way TM describes the transfer situation difficulties is reasonable and understandable - if he were nothing but a fan with no skill and experience suddenly dragged out of the streets and asked to deal with the transfer market.

But he is not. He is paid to find solutions and operate in a more wise and knowledgable way than the average supporter. I must again ask what in the hell is his job, what is he getting paid for otherwise. To provide commentary regarding how skint we are and how hopeless we are without Dack? Good to know, Tony, now here's your paycheck?

For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone is left supporting him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

After 50 odd years of watching Rovers the day Coyle was appointed was the day I gave up. Only temporarily of course.

Was the only time in my life that I stopped going to the matches. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

7 Minute video and only three clips of him defending. Great little player though. I'd play him on the left wing personally based off of this video...

He is like Bell in fast forward. 

I just think we need to expect better from both our fullbacks in terms of attacking. They are there to provide some width. Nyambe has got a lot better at getting forward but cannot cross for shit while Bell gets a nosebleed most of the time and turns back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just had a look on twitter, he is linked with us,Wigan (Nixon) and Leeds. 

Wigan in to buy if they sell Moore. 

Leeds? probably to replace that loan who was recalled due to not getting enough game time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

The way TM describes the transfer situation difficulties is reasonable and understandable - if he were nothing but a fan with no skill and experience suddenly dragged out of the streets and asked to deal with the transfer market.

But he is not. He is paid to find solutions and operate in a more wise and knowledgable way than the average supporter. I must again ask what in the hell is his job, what is he getting paid for otherwise. To provide commentary regarding how skint we are and how hopeless we are without Dack? Good to know, Tony, now here's your paycheck?

For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone is left supporting him.

But people love him because he talks like a fan....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Leeds? probably to replace that loan who was recalled due to not getting enough game time.

Depends on if Rhodes wants to sit on the bench for another club who get promoted and then wont want him. 

I can see what's in it for Leeds. Good lad to throw on if looking for a goal. 

Here would be his best bet :) cant help but feel the link to us is bs though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Depends on if Rhodes wants to sit on the bench for another club who get promoted and then wont want him. 

I can see what's in it for Leeds. Good lad to throw on if looking for a goal. 

Here would be his best bet :) cant help but feel the link to us is bs though 

The three club rule - we are an obvious club to link him too.

Wouldn't say no though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t see Rhodes coming, mainly because of the wages.

We’re also starting to see the failings of Mowbray’s policy of buying young players to make a profit. We spent £500k on Samuel and £200k on Bell. For them to leave for nothing at their young ages is really poor management.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Rhodes scores goals, but we don’t create enough chances, so it would be a waste of a wage really.

Agreed - and as I say, he'd play as a striker on his own. Tony isn't suddenly going 4-4-2 IMO. Rhodes is the least suited striker to being the 'man' up top on his own in the history of football.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Agreed - and as I say, he'd play as a striker on his own. Tony isn't suddenly going 4-4-2 IMO. Rhodes is the least suited striker to being the 'man' up top on his own in the history of football.

Though we've become accustomed to playing with 10 men in most games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Agreed - and as I say, he'd play as a striker on his own. Tony isn't suddenly going 4-4-2 IMO. Rhodes is the least suited striker to being the 'man' up top on his own in the history of football.

That's right, when he was here he had Conway and Marshall on the wings, for the majority of his time here, who were very good for at least a couple of seasons, at times he also had a big man to play off in Gestede, and on occasions Brown (who was good at that role, but just couldn't score). In his first season he also had the brilliant Nuno Gomes as a partner for parts of the season.

Fast forward to now, and we have no wingers, but maybe Gallagher could work in a partnership with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Agreed - and as I say, he'd play as a striker on his own. Tony isn't suddenly going 4-4-2 IMO. Rhodes is the least suited striker to being the 'man' up top on his own in the history of football.

Bit of a myth that - Rhodes first season here he mainly played up front on his own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2020 at 21:29, bob fleming said:

This. Along with 4000’s post. Why buy two strikers for so much money if it was never the intention to play them both, in their normal position at the same time? Why buy so many midfielders when apparently there isn’t one amongst them that can play the Dack role? 

Fully understand that you go with one up front when Dack is fit, but don’t we “need to have different ways of playing”?

Putting Brereton and Gallagher out wide does neither of them any favours - evidently. I’ve said it for months (not on here admittedly!) but no defence would fancy playing against Graham and Gallagher with a team whipping crosses into the box. Or Arma, maybe even Brereton would benefit from playing with a strike partner (why haven’t we even tried this?). We just don’t have that in our locker it would appear. Downing can cross a ball though. Rankin Costello? Chapman? But your limiting your options when there’s only one striker to aim at.

I’d go 4-4-2 and to hell with it. Get organised, disciplined, stick to the system and let the other team worry about us for a change. Wide men drop back in when we don’t have the ball and help the full backs / midfield. 

Far too sensible for Tone and doesn't allow for any use of his tombola drum. Mowbray out. Bob Fleming in today.

Edited by MCMC1875
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mike E unpinned this topic
  • Mike E unfeatured this topic
  • Mike E locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.