BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

I dont get where all of this talk about an imminent signing has come from? And some of the names of experienced players, Marc Albrighton, Matt Ritchie, Jota, Michail Antonio, Jordan Ibe are all absurdly unrealistic.

One Premier League youngster is looking to sort out his long-term future at his club before moving out on loan, with Rovers primed should that be tied up by Friday - that is from the LT last night after Mowbrays interview. So its a kid on a loan deal once he has agreed a new deal with his parent club. He also said “If we don’t get anyone then we’ve just won two games back-to-back and as long as we can keep them fit, we’ll try and keep going” so its not even a guarantee that we get a kid in.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont get where all of this talk about an imminent signing has come from? And some of the names of experienced players, Marc Albrighton, Matt Ritchie, Jota, Michail Antonio, Jordan Ibe are all absurdly unrealistic.

One Premier League youngster is looking to sort out his long-term future at his club before moving out on loan, with Rovers primed should that be tied up by Friday - that is from the LT last night after Mowbrays interview. So its a kid on a loan deal once he has agreed a new deal with his parent club. He also said “If we don’t get anyone then we’ve just won two games back-to-back and as long as we can keep them fit, we’ll try and keep going” so its not even a guarantee that we get a kid in.

Hope/desperation/Stockholm syndrome.

Jordan Graham at Wolves. Contract up in summer and Wolves desperate to find him a club. Reports they want 500k for him for a full sale, would prefer permanent rather than loan, player wants a new contract. 

Only League One clubs have shown interest so far, but could be the lad we're after?

Injury prone player, spent a year and half of his 5 year career out injured... sounds like another Chapman, but got a worrisome feeling he could be the type we're after.

Edited by JoeH

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Jordan Graham at Wolves. Contract up in summer and Wolves desperate to find him a club. Reports they want 500k for him for a full sale, would prefer permanent rather than loan, player wants a new contract. 

Only League One clubs have shown interest so far, but could be the lad we're after?

Uninspiring but would not be surprised as he has England youth honors.

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Nope. I think it’s the one from the PL. potentially experienced and ready to hit the ground running.

ps - there has to be some correlation in those £5.3m funds being transferred Yesterday and then a deal being done today...here we go!!!

Wishful thinking there I think!

If I recall correctly, over the last 24 months, VLL have issued about £40million in shares which, coincidentally, probably ties-in with the Rovers' financial losses over the period!!!

Think the last share issue of almost £10million was back in August so I think more funds were due to keep the ship afloat!!! 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If I recall correctly, over the last 24 months, VLL have issued about £40million in shares which, coincidentally, probably ties-in with the Rovers' financial losses over the period!!!

Think the last share issue of almost £10million was back in August so I think more funds were due to keep the ship afloat!!! 

Same as your thinking saying we at a tipping point. 

Still all our key players here

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Same as your thinking saying we at a tipping point. 

Still all our key players here

These are financial facts Chaddy.

V's are now in for £180million+ and growing by the week.

It's fair to say any rational person with a degree of financial acumen would doubt the position is sustainable.

Yes our key players are still here - let's hope that is still the case come Saturday morning! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

3/4 points off the play offs,  playing fairly well and not a bean spent on permanent or loans.

Says everything. 

We can’t afford to without sales it’s that simple I think. That said you may not be aware but this is the window which is included in the accounts for this year so any sales made in the summer only go towards next years accounts which get submitted to the EFL. 

Thats why the was a big huhaah I’ve rChe Adams as Birmingham waited till summer to sell him but efl wanted him gone InJanuary. Birmingham are contesting in court they waited as they got more money for a sale. 

29 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I was thinking more around cash flow than a £5m new striker. You don’t think it’s a coincidence that the cash drops in last night and now we’re reportedly all go on the first new signing?

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I was thinking more around cash flow than a £5m new striker. You don’t think it’s a coincidence that the cash drops in last night and now we’re reportedly all go on the first new signing?

Yes, it is coincidence and it wouldn’t have happened last night - it was just issued on companies house last night. 

They put money in the same time ever season to cover losses. They put the maximum they’re allowed to put in under FFP. They’ll issue more in September this year too. 

• Like 3

I think it's fair to say that unless there are any departures, there won't be any incoming signings. Mowbray said as much at the end of December and since then Mulgrew's come back to compound the problem.

Let's not build our hopes up.

Just now, J*B said:

Yes, it is coincidence and it wouldn’t have happened last night - it was just issued on companies house last night. 

They put money in the same time ever season to cover losses. They put the maximum they’re allowed to put in under FFP. They’ll issue more in September this year too. 

Yes, it was put in on the 23rd, so almost a week ago now.

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Sadly, I don't.

IMO, it's a share issue for working capital purposes given ongoing financial losses of up to £20million+ per annum.

I said before the window opened that, IMO, transfer fees in plus wages saved would far outweigh transfer fees out plus wages spent.  I still think I will be proven right.

I think Rovers' financial position is horrendous.  Over my professional career, I've seen and been involved in (trying to salvage!!!) a good number of 'basket cases'.  I obviously hope Rovers is not one in waiting but as a supporter for 50+ years, I have rarely been as worried for the future of the club as what I am now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Sadly, I don't.

IMO, it's a share issue for working capital purposes given ongoing financial losses of up to £20million+ per annum.

I said before the window opened that, IMO, transfer fees in plus wages saved would far outweigh transfer fees out plus wages spent.  I still think I will be proven right.

I think Rovers' financial position is horrendous.  Over my professional career, I've seen and been involved in (trying to salvage!!!) a good number of 'basket cases'.  I obviously hope Rovers is not one in waiting but as a supporter for 50+ years, I have rarely been as worried for the future of the club as what I am now. 

I know it matters very little coming from a stranger on the internet, but you only need to worry if they decide they want out.

It’s unbelievable to think, but 170m is very little to Venkys. If the league allowed it they’d be spending millions ever single window. 

• Like 2