BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, JoeH said:

Sell on fee doesn't work like a quick bank transfer into Tony Mowb's Lloyds and there's a cheeky 5mil and Jozwiaks a Rover. It'll be the summer before we see the effect of that compensation, but will help massively with FFP more than anything. 

Yeah, wouldn't expect that any dealings today (or lack thereof) could possibly be affected. Even so, assuming it would be somewhere between 5-8 million, then it should significantly change the complexion of the summer. Come on Ole! 

The sell on fee would be spilit into installments as per what Bournemouth agree with United, so if they get it over 5 installments over 3 years then we will get 20% of each installment.

However, it is guaranteed income so we can use it to structure deals for any players that we wish to sign over a similar period.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Sell on fee doesn't work like a quick bank transfer into Tony Mowb's Lloyds and there's a cheeky 5mil and Jozwiaks a Rover. It'll be the summer before we see the effect of that compensation, but will help massively with FFP more than anything. 

I don't think anyone is insinuating that. I very much doubt that any of it would be made available today should it go through. As you say, it's great for FFP though.

2 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

The sell on fee would be spilit into installments as per what Bournemouth agree with United, so if they get it over 5 installments over 3 years then we will get 20% of each installment.

However, it is guaranteed income so we can use it to structure deals for any players that we wish to sign over a similar period.

Bang on. 

1 minute ago, savage90 said:

Was your loan man the Chelsea kid or somebody different? 

I was never given a name, however was told a prem player of decent calibre so I don’t think it was a youngster. If I was to guess, Freeman, but not got anything to suggest that other than he fits into mowbrays way of thinking 

23 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Think that 20% is a Football Manager fairytale. He was a bosman so a development fee is way more likely.

Waldemer Anton was the one we went for late last January, strikes of this Faes fella

Did it but go to tribunal?If so then there will be a sell on clause.Im sure it was reported at the time that we would get 20 percent

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

I still think Matt Ritchie..

Mentioned him a number of pages ago, VERY versatile and would be such a great option. Him and Downing would be a dream. Great corners, free-kicks and penalties too Ritchie. Nice calm head who can play full back left side, wide right or left or even through the middle like Downing.

• Moderation Lead
39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The question could be construed either way. I clarified what I meant straight away for those who didn't get that. So why are you still going on about it? 

Because I hadn’t been on here that much yesterday, so I only got to see your response later on. Is that alright?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Well it's been confirmed that Lamptey was the one Mowbray spoke of after the Sheff Weds game.

I thought it was said the player in question was a right sided attacker, Lamptey is a right back. Probably another example of Mowbray signing a player to play him out of position.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Even Nicko is taking the piss out of us

592202442_ScreenShot2020-01-31at10_43_13.png.82107610dba66e829d5e242fd508554d.png

This just says everything, just remember the list they 'nearly' did last Jan and the big name keepers they 'nearly' signed in summer.

I wonder if nearly actually ever equates to picking up the phone more than once.

Tune back in summer when we actually spend big on an investment nobody wants. Then next Jan when the new look at what you could've won list is published.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

That would be a result if we got some money for king- personally don’t think he is Man Utd quality but you batter in ole 

ironically that's what Utd originally thought too.  He was at Manure originally before he was binned off to Hull [from where we got him].

Solkaer or his Norwegian connections must see something in him......

1 minute ago, Glosrover said:

ironically that's what Utd originally thought too.  He was at Manure originally before he was binned off to Hull [from where we got him].

Solkaer or his Norwegian connections must see something in him......

He was only on loan at Hull. We actually signed him from United after an initial loan spell. 

• Like 1

The Norwegian connection brought him here it would've been interesting to see what Berg did with him. And the team as a whole had he actually been allowed to manage properly.

Seems Ole's doing someone a favour before he gets potted.