BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The club would like to but unfortunately it seems that money is talking(Leeds and Brighton)

Liverpool and at a stretch Leeds I could just about stomach.

Losing a young star in the making to Brighton would be tough to take.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Absolutely shocked at that. Very decent prospect who was extremely highly rated.

Evans was overtaken by Lewis Thompson for that wing-back role and was always average in the middle of the park for me. 14-month injury means he's lost out on a lot of progress. Shame for him because he's got talent.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

I cant see any keeper of 32 coming here as number 2. He will want to play surely

Downgrade on Walton 

• Like 2

On 11/06/2020 at 15:45, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I hope its as a number 2 and not as 1st choice.

If he signs as soon as June is done, that's 6 games he could potentially play in (I assume, if some weird loophole in the rules doesn't stop that). At the least, he'd be around in training to get a closer look at. I wonder if the thinking is to see how he does in order to assess whether we need another number 1 challenger, or just a backup.

Actually giving him game time to that end could be risky during (hopefully) a promotion push though. Though I expect if we miss out on that dream early, he would be played.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

any news signings wont be allow to play this season from what I believe

That's stupid. That's basically chopping 6 games out of players' careers if they dare to move clubs now.

Anything come out about whether clubs can make players stay on to finish the season? Because if they can't force it, you're gonna also end up with clubs losing players but unable to replace them, which is also stupid.

If we sign McLaughlin for example he wouldn't be allow to play until next season cos he wouldn't be register here. 

Clubs can offer a month extension players like Liverpool have done with Adam Lallana. Or like we have with Walton and Adarabioyo 

Good news everyone. Marcus Maddison has been released by Peterborough and Hull don’t want to sign him. So that’s the next 50 pages of discussion sorted. 

18 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd try get Walton for another season,  hes coming on since he started with us.

That would be the worst possible move. He is absolutely useless. It beggars belief that we didn't exercise our option to end him back in January as it is since it seems we knew we wouldn't be looking to take him on permanently then.

"He's not good enough and we won't be looking to sign him permanently but hey, I know what we'll do, we'll give him another few months until the end of the season!"

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That would be the worst possible move. He is absolutely useless. It beggars belief that we didn't exercise our option to end him back in January as it is since it seems we knew we wouldn't be looking to take him on permanently then.

"He's not good enough and we won't be looking to sign him permanently but hey, I know what we'll do, we'll give him another few months until the end of the season!"

Seems to be improving to me.

• Like 2