BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

We're nudging the top 6 but let's not delude ourselves we are a top 6 team

We have too many flaws and weaknesses, not least goalkeeper.

Walton is going to cost us alot of points this season. No club with him in the team is going to get promoted

Walton seems to be improving?

• Like 3

We still need the players we were talking about months ago:

keeper

Cooper (cb)

Friend (LB) 

What about Howson to fight with Trav, Evans and Johnson for those two midfield slots? 

Also, we COULD be third come Jan 1st. Wonder if Venkys will really invest? Interesting...

3 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

This window we should really look to be getting players out (loan or otherwise)

Smallwood will go, I'm pretty sure. Gladwin will probably get released on Feb 1st.

Most, if not all of Butterworth, Davenport (Burton?), Samuel, Chapman, Mols, Buckley, and probably Brereton, should be loaned. 

Buckley and Brereton? Why?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not suggesting we should loan all of the names listed but Buckley should be a no brainer to move out.

You'd seriously rather keep Buckley around to play 6 minutes every fourth game? Not to mention the lad seems miles away from being ready for this league/team. 

And (for me) if we could get Brereton loaned to, for example, Barnsley/Luton/Charlton where he can/will play... surely that's a win win? I'm not against keeping him in case of injuries but one of him or Samuel should be loaned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Buckley is miles away from being in a position to add value to our team at the moment, barring his deflected winner v Sheffield Wednesday, he comes on and doesnt add anything, he looks like a little boy lost. He is only a young and incredibly slight young lad who would probably benefit from regular football in a lower league where he could toughen up without costing us in the process. We have Dack, Rothwell, Holtby, Armstrong, Downing and Bennett so he wont be missed. Chapman and Rankin Costello, or at least one of them, would also benefit from this if they arent going to get a game for the first team,

Brereton did ok yesterday but he never looked like scoring and he probably contributed the least out of the 11 starters. He hasnt been missed during his absence and he often doesnt look up to standard. Again, some regular game time could do him the world of good.

• Like 2

If we are going to seriously push for promotion then Buckley can't be involved. If we make substitutions or changes they can't seriously weaken the team and at the moment Buckley is nowhere near the level of a promotion chasing player.

Loan him out to a League one side where he will start on a regular basis. Let him grow for 6 months and see where he is at come May. 

If the dream happens and we get promoted then I am sorry but I don't see where he or Brereton can be a part of a Premier League squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

We still need the players we were talking about months ago:

keeper

Cooper (cb)

Friend (LB) 

What about Howson to fight with Trav, Evans and Johnson for those two midfield slots? 

Also, we COULD be third come Jan 1st. Wonder if Venkys will really invest? Interesting...

Do you think Howson is an improvement on Holtby Paul ? If possible I'd be looking for a Berkovic style signing that can come in and give us that bit of real class that can take us to another level

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Do you think Howson is an improvement on Holtby Paul ? If possible I'd be looking for a Berkovic style signing that can come in and give us that bit of real class that can take us to another level

I don’t think Howson and Holtby do the same job tbh mate. Howson is more tenacious and defensive minded. I see him as competition for the likes of Travis, Evans and Johnson. I think one of the biggest positives in our current run is that energy in CM. 

We have the Berkovic signing in Holtby. He just needs to get into his stride which is difficult with Dack in that position.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

This window we should really look to be getting players out (loan or otherwise)

Smallwood will go, I'm pretty sure. Gladwin will probably get released on Feb 1st.

Most, if not all of Butterworth, Davenport (Burton?), Samuel, Chapman, Mols, Buckley, and probably Brereton, should be loaned. 

Glad win was released at the end of last season just stayed with us to recover and regain fitness 

I wouldnt let Buckley or Brereton out on loan at the current time. 

Yes to letting Chapman and Samuel go. Smallwood will go. Maybe Davenport. 

I really hope we sign Cunningham permanent. 90

Unsure who Mowbray will go for keeper wise. Will he look to sign a foriegn keeper and give him 5 months to bed into the club and ready for next season. Or look Domestic for a keeper who can be number 1 long term. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldnt let Buckley or Brereton out on loan at the current time. 

Yes to letting Chapman and Samuel go. Smallwood will go. Maybe Davenport. 

I really hope we sign Cunningham permanent. 90

Unsure who Mowbray will go for keeper wise. Will he look to sign a foriegn keeper and give him 5 months to bed into the club and ready for next season. Or look Domestic for a keeper who can be number 1 long term. 

Why when neither are good enough at this present time, are behind quite a few better players and could do with regular game time at a lower level.

Goalkeeper wise, we could do with an immediate upgrade, theres no point thinking about next season when we want to get into the top 6 this season. We need to not get into the habit of just adding squad players or ones foe the future who wont play.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Why when neither are good enough at this present time, are behind quite a few better players and could do with regular game time at a lower level.

Goalkeeper wise, we could do with an immediate upgrade, theres no point thinking about next season when we want to get into the top 6 this season. We need to not get into the habit of just adding squad players or ones foe the future who wont play.

Keep the squad together. They might be needed depending on fitness and or form. Like using Brereton yesterday. 

Walton is improving game on game. I believe 3 clean sheets in last 5 games. 

All depends who we can get and cost. Plus will Venkys fund them? Dont know

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Keep the squad together. They might be needed depending on fitness and or form. Like using Brereton yesterday. 

Walton is improving game on game. I believe 3 clean sheets in last 5 games. 

All depends who we can get and cost. Plus will Venkys fund them? Dont know

Everytime Buckley comes on he looks like a little boy lost. We have plenty of alternatives plus he needs it as he isnt up to it at this level yet, by a long shot.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Everytime Buckley comes on he looks like a little boy lost. We have plenty of alternatives plus he needs it as he isnt up to it at this level yet, by a long shot.

All down to the injuries and form. 

Keep the squad together. No point weaking it

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you're expecting players to come in some have to go out. I'd say at least half a dozen. We've possibly got a bigger squad now than we had when we were in the Prem.

I want 2 or 3 signings in January.

Ive said let Samuel, Chapman, Smallwood go in January. 

Our current squad

Keepers- Walton Luetwiler

Defenders - Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell Williams

Midfielders - Bennett Holtby Evans Buckley Johnson Travis Rothwell Downing

Attack- Armstrong Brereton Gallagher Dack Graham

Thats our current 1st team squad before you.add players from under 23's or out of favour players.its only 20 players. So added a left back, centre back and keeper to.that only makes it 23 players squad

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I want 2 or 3 signings in January.

Ive said let Samuel, Chapman, Smallwood go in January. 

Our current squad

Keepers- Walton Luetwiler

Defenders - Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell Williams

Midfielders - Bennett Holtby Evans Buckley Johnson Travis Rothwell Downing

Attack- Armstrong Brereton Gallagher Dack Graham

Thats our current 1st team squad before you.add players from under 23's or out of favour players.its only 20 players. So added a left back, centre back and keeper to.that only makes it 23 players squad

Samuel,Chapman and Smallwood ain't involved with the first team squad though.

If new signings are made then the likes of Buckley with most likely be dropping out of the match day squad.

Surely long term it would be more beneficial for us for the younger fringe players to head out on loan and get valuable minutes and experience playing senior football at league one level?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If new signings are made then the likes of Buckley with most likely be dropping out of the match day squad.

Surely long term it would be more beneficial for us for the younger fringe players to head out on loan and get valuable minutes and experience playing senior football at league one level?

Buckley wouldn't last 2 mins in League 1. He should be playing U23s or conference north

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Like I said that we end 4 or 5 players injuries and suspension. Having 23 man squad gives us deeper depth squad. 

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you have a link to that? Not sure how I feel, excellent left back at this level but big risk after not his first serious injury.

The other thing with that is I fear it would mean we don't strengthen at LB in Jan. Which we need to do. Permanently signing a decent player who we know won't play again this season doesn't seem the best expenditure of 1.5 million.

I'd absolutely pay that for the Cunningham we had before the injury though, if he was available to play.