BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Happy Kean Out Day

On 26/04/2021 at 11:55, LeftWinger said:

I think this image fully emphases what an awful decade it's been. Rovers v Burnley league finishes since Venky's got involved. This season uses the current league positions.

leaguepos.jpg

That can’t be right. The graph is sloping the wrong way. That’s not what the journey says. Get the possession stats up and get behind the lads ffs

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.melbournevictory.com.au/news/kean-pleased-impact-youngsters

King rat working his magic at a club that’s come 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the last 5 years. Really dont know why I’m doing this to myself. But what a bullshit artist the lip licking snake still is. Not won in 7 losing 6 and 10 years on he’s still banging on about pointless stats like corners and box entries. While creating theoretical scenarios of what might happen. Always developed young players in his career. Who Steve. KEAN OUT

The truly sad thing is had a season of similar nonsense from the current incumbent.  

15 hours ago, matt83 said:

https://www.melbournevictory.com.au/news/kean-pleased-impact-youngsters

King rat working his magic at a club that’s come 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the last 5 years. Really dont know why I’m doing this to myself. But what a bullshit artist the lip licking snake still is. Not won in 7 losing 6 and 10 years on he’s still banging on about pointless stats like corners and box entries. While creating theoretical scenarios of what might happen. Always developed young players in his career. Who Steve. KEAN OUT

The truly sad thing is had a season of similar nonsense from the current incumbent.  

Nothing has changed he still talks nonsensical drivel, they need to grow into space on the pitch? WTF does that mean keano?

• 5 months later...

I see Sky are back promoting this individual (I refuse to even add the link), I thought we’d finally seen the back of the puff pieces that kept emerging on a yearly basis. He won the league with Brunei, ya know! That plucky underdog that happens to be the only club in a sovereign oil state!

Any other one job management failures you can think of that still gets interviews published in national media a decade on? Wonder how he manages that? 🤔

Yet, he still can’t get a sniff of a job in the UK, even as a bib and cone man… how odd!

• Like 4

Here is the link if anybody can be arsed.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12463810/steve-kean-interview-former-blackburn-boss-on-life-in-the-pressure-cooker-there-and-finding-success-in-brunei

It appears he still has friends with some sway at Sky. I'm so glad I cancelled my sports subscription when I see that snake given air time.

• Like 4

He must be on the lookout for another job after his Australian stint. His CV won't get him far so once again falling back on his friends at Sky HQ to do their bit. Hundreds and hundreds of managers have come and gone from PL and Championship clubs over the last 10 years and aren't heard of again yet this guy gets annual articles of sympathy and promotion.

Of course it is also a coincidence that his agent was able to walk into the Sky Sports News studio and get a live interview absolving himself of any responsibility for the disaster at Rovers.

Probably finds it odd that no club in Europe at any professional level will employ him as a coach. Strange isn't it. With such supporters as Moyes, Ferguson and co. yet can't get a job. Almost as though there is more to it than endorsements from fellow managers.

I wouldn't wish him on anyone but the dingles and I'd like to think that his name is so tarnished on the football grapevine that he will remain unemployable despite the media mafia's attempts to rehabilitate him.

Stuff like this the reason I'll never have a Sky subscription. Scum of the earth IMO.

• Like 6

The number of coaches down the years who've somehow found themselves in the managers seat must he quite high.  Yet once they've flopped, been potted and got paid off they usually go back to a backroom job or retire on their pay off.

Not this forked tongue wretch though he pops up either on SKY or some Scottish rag every couple of years. Still playing the victim from his multi million pound pocket fillling exercise here.

New angle now though to fit the current media era - mental health.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12463810/steve-kean-interview-former-blackburn-boss-on-life-in-the-pressure-cooker-there-and-finding-success-in-brunei

It appears he still has friends with some sway at Sky. I'm so glad I cancelled my sports subscription when I see that snake given air time.

it was amazing how he and his Agent were given so much time on air, by sky with no right of reply for the fans. The crying episode, where Anderson claimed the fans had driven his son out of our club, was unreal. I have never seen acting as bad in my life. Those two were complicit in getting Myles a playing contract with a premier league club, which was at least 5 leagues higher up, then his real level.

Did anyone at Sky ever follow it up to see if Myles made it elsewhere, or were the pesky Rovers fans, correct after all?

For the people who want to forget what happened 10 years ago, I apologise in advance of you reading this, but think it is best we remember.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lraC said:

it was amazing how he and his Agent were given so much time on air, by sky with no right of reply for the fans. The crying episode, where Anderson claimed the fans had driven his son out of our club, was unreal. I have never seen acting as bad in my life. Those two were complicit in getting Myles a playing contract with a premier league club, which was at least 5 leagues higher up, then his real level.

Did anyone at Sky ever follow it up to see if Myles made it elsewhere, or were the pesky Rovers fans, correct after all?

For the people who want to forget what happened 10 years ago, I apologise in advance of you reading this, but think it is best we remember.

I can still see Anderson screwing his eyes up to try and generate some moisture. What a twat. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

He sounds like a world beater in that interview. I wonder why he never got another managers Job in the UK having been in charge of a premier league team?

No mention of the drink driving offence or his bonuses, that were payable even if relegated, or all of the signings he made, that never kicked a ball in the first team.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I couldn't help myself. I read it. 

What a load of claptrap it was too. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Yet, he still can’t get a sniff of a job in the UK, even as a bib and cone man… how odd!

Absolutely. He marked his cards with his shenanigans at Rovers. The game has moved on thankfully without him.

2 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I couldn't help myself. I read it. 

What a load of claptrap it was too. 

Absolutely. He marked his cards with his shenanigans at Rovers. The game has moved on thankfully without him.

Moyes loved him according to this story, so perhaps West Ham are about to offer him a gig?

12 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Exactly. There are many examples where they disappear from the game completely or move out of the spotlight by taking on a backroom role at a club.

Why is this guy suddenly back in the limelight after all these years and being spoken about in the way that he is? Does Neville mentioning him on MNF mean now is the time to get him back on Sky doing these interviews? No. I think we can guess who is behind it and why. It may be that he wants a job in England again, but I think it's more than that.

Notice how they are subtly trying to get the "those nasty Rovers fans" narrative back out there with this Kean stuff today? About Rovers fans making things tough for his kids. Kean talks about ignoring the negativity on forums, Mowbray said the same a few days ago.

It's almost like some of the online comments are touching a nerve somewhere and getting close to the bone. There will be people connected to them reading this forum, for sure.

If this turns out to be nonsense, I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong, but I think Mowbray is about to get the sack. It was rumoured to happen during this international break. Wouldn't it be convenient for these chancers to get the "nasty Rovers fans, look how they treated Kean" angle back out there again days before the news breaks?

It's the perfect storm for his pals at Sky.

Mowbray has been getting a bit of stick, King Rat needs a new gig and up he pops again.

Bad bad rovers fans.

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's the perfect storm for his pals at Sky.

Mowbray has been getting a bit of stick, King Rat needs a new gig and up he pops again.

Bad bad rovers fans.

Hmm. Why now? Something afoot..

First, Neville mentions how he never asked for him to be sacked. Then more Sky collusion. Talksport intervention next?

If that's the case, a few of us could ring with some considered comments.....just watch Jim White squirming and rushing to close down/talk over the Blackburn callers...

Something wicked this way comes.....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

First, Neville mentions how he never asked for him to be sacked. Then more Sky collusion. Talksport intervention next?

If that's the case, a few of us could ring with some considered comments.....just watch Jim White squirming and rushing to close down/talk over the Blackburn callers...

It happens every time Rovers are involved they even had a debate about Coyle being badly done to.  Also if i remember correctly there was something once before when Mowbray was getting stick during a death spiral.

Coco is the ultimate opportunist as we know and he probably has more PR firms than the Prime Minister.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It happens every time Rovers are involved they even had a debate about Coyle being badly done to.  Also if i remember correctly there was something once before when Mowbray was getting stick during a death spiral.

Coco is the ultimate opportunist as we know and he probably has more PR firms than the Prime Minister.

"Owen's a great guy, David"...Jim White to one Rovers caller....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I feel something is about to happen too.

Remember Jim White, the day after Coyle was sacked going on a little tirade on Talksport repeatedly saying "Venky's, we're coming for you" and expressing sympathy for Coyle. It was nothing but hot air, he was never going to do anything. That felt suspect too, like he had been told to go after the owners.

Unsurprisingly, that tirade was forgotten about a day or two later and nothing happened.