BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, tomphil said:

Slow distribution under instruction maybe ?  It'd fit in with everything else at the min.

As for kicking iv'e yet to see a young keeper here who's been any good at that. It used to be a minimum requirement a basic fundamental along with catching and handling.  This era it's all about quick reflexes, staying on your line and parrying shots with one hand hopefully straight to one of your own. 

Basics in keepers and centre halves are badly lacking in the drive to make it like a non contact sport.

If I can kick a long ball with direction at my advanced age then Walton should be able to ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Walton has been good overall..yes made mistakes but better than Raya for me. But I want an experience keeper. Gave you loads of names during summer roversfan99.

Yeah the keeper who is first choice for the team with the 3rd best goals against column n the division and who is averaging less than 1 goal against per game is not a good as the calamitous Walton, Ok then ?.

• Like 2

On Walton alarm bells were ringing for me when lowly Wigan who just avoided relegation passed on the chance to keep him for a 3rd season and went elsewhere.

Then we sent them our captain and paid them for the privilege.

Reality is Walton was cheap and easy and when it comes to goalkeepers and defenders that's how we roll. Talk about Karl Darlow and Scott Carson was never going to come to anything.

Walton came via the same agent Gallagher did the one who's done constant business with Rovers this era.

See what i keep saying about not thinking outside the box and dealing with the same old people whoever happens to be manager.........

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Walton has been good? Must be watching different games, hes absolutely crap.

Rothwell hasnt looked at the races mainly because hes been sat on the bench.

Even when Rothwell has come on he hasnt been good enough. Downing has been better on the left side. Thats Rothwell position for me in 4-2-3-1. If we played different formation like 4-3-3 then I would centre mid with Travis and sitting midfielder. 

Well if you look at his game, he is better at commanding his area, coming for crosses. Look at his saves on Tuesday. He saved us from heavy defeat. His kicking isnt the best but hes young. Thats why I would prefer a more experience keeper like the forest keeper. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Over 4,000 sold so far the club has tweeted.

We should be selling those kind of figures for our only daytime local game, but I’m still pleasantly surprised.

Screenshot_20191024-121110_Twitter.jpg

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Over 4,000 sold so far the club has tweeted.

We should be selling those kind of figures for our only daytime local game, but I’m still pleasantly surprised.

We had big numbers when we played at Wigan 11 years ago.

We lost 3-0 and Paul Ince was done...

• Backroom

For me Rothwell has been poor this season but I’m putting that on Mr Mowbray, he was on fire at the end of last season and Mowbray has put him back on the shelf limiting him to short run outs when we are chasing the game.

He’ll get fed up, go elsewhere and be the main man.

Armstrong has been woeful yet keeps getting picked regardless, in the promotion season Chapman was far more exciting than Arma for me yet I doubt we’ll ever see him in the first team again

• Like 7

Lose 3-0 on Saturday, Bennett, Dack, Nyambe and whoever else will come out with "not the result we wanted today, hard one to take, but we'll take the positives and learn from it, support was amazing" on Twitter or something.

Then we'll carry on limping through, draw at home to Sheff Wed, lose away at Leeds, then Mowbray will come out with some guff about "regrouping during the international break".

All so predictable here at the minute. 

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

It’s the SPOOKY part of the year and our NIGHTMARE bit of form could continue into the month of November.  If we play anything like we have done in the last 135 minutes of football then I expect us to be BOOOO’d of the pitch.  Hopefully Mowbray can SCARE the shit out of some of these GHOULS. Match build up starts now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

We lose 3-0 on Saturday, then what, at this empty shell of a club?

About half of our fans will sing some songs about TM, and wanting him out. Then we'll all go home depressed and come Monday - Mowbray will still be in the job.

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Announce Defeat.

We may very well get beaten but I don't think the absence of a player who has started just one game for us will be the reason, to be honest.

Edit. Booth pretty much beat me to it.

Edited by oldjamfan1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

We may very well get beaten but I don't think the absence of a player who has started just one game for us will be the reason, to be honest.

Edit. Booth pretty much beat me to it.

You're right. What i meant was, we played some good football with him in the first 45 minutes at hudds. Of course we went down hill after he went off and most defiantly missed him on Tuesday night. Would of & could of been the rocket our players needs to start playing again. Ah well.

• Like 1

Its incredible that we now have 10 players currently out injured. In years gone by, we wouldn't have been able to field a team, with throwing the tea lady and physio, into the mix.

Edited by lraC

3 hours ago, Spankus Munky said:

Yeah the keeper who is first choice for the team with the 3rd best goals against column n the division and who is averaging less than 1 goal against per game is not a good as the calamitous Walton, Ok then ?.

You only need to look for a minute at what the Brentford fans are saying about Raya. He’s getting rave reviews for everything from his command of the defence to his distribution. Still making the quality saves we became accustomed to.

Walton is a massive downgrade purely on ability, let alone the fact he isn’t even our player.

• Like 1

Just now, lraC said:

Its incredible that we now have 10 players currently out injured. In years gone by, we wouldn't have been able to field a team, with throwing the tea lady and physio, into the mix.

'Injured'? or pissed off and/or hiding?

The Club has needed some bollocks for ages and that starts at the top.

• Like 2