BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

Its incredible that we now have 10 players currently out injured. In years gone by, we wouldn't have been able to field a team, with throwing the tea lady and physio, into the mix.

Teams which are struggling or have lost belief tend to have a lot of sick notes

• Like 1

4-1 defeat. Our goal will come from the spot to make it 2-1 and give us a glimmer of hope. TM then takes Dack off and replaces him with Gallagher. 

At 6pm we all read Mowbray's post match bullshit about how good North End are and on another day we could have had 5 or 6.

Never been so depressed being a Rovers fan and that says something.

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

Its incredible that we now have 10 players currently out injured. In years gone by, we wouldn't have been able to field a team, with throwing the tea lady and physio, into the mix.

Very worrying isn't it....the sort of 'sick note mentality' you see when players don't want to be at a club.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The intensity levels are too much for the ex Premier League player!

How on earth can a player be ruled out 48 hours before a match with a slight hamstring twinge. Two days is a long time for the healing process of professional athletes. 

More nonsense from Mowbray. 

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

How on earth can a player be ruled out 48 hours before a match with a slight hamstring twinge. Two days is a long time for the healing process of professional athletes. 

More nonsense from Mowbray. 

I think players like Holtby and Rothwell are punished for not playing the Mowbray way (I.e. defending) but out of ‘loyalty’ he goes public with injury and illness stories.

He wants players like Smallwood and Evans who are less likely to take risks in search of a goal/win. He should stop buying attacking midfielders and trying to de-arte them!

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

I think players like Holtby and Rothwell are punished for not playing the Mowbray way (I.e. defending) but out of ‘loyalty’ he goes public with injury and illness stories.

He wants players like Smallwood and Evans who are less likely to take risks in search of a goal/win. He should stop buying attacking midfielders and trying to de-arte them!

I agree but why on earth did he sign Harry Chapman? 

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Because he told him he would after the 11th-hour-and-59th-minute deal broke down in the 2018 Summer window?

Probably right Stuart, similar to why Ben Gladwin's still on the books. For Tony's a jolly good fellow (when it's not his money)

2 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

4-1 defeat. Our goal will come from the spot to make it 2-1 and give us a glimmer of hope. TM then takes Dack off and replaces him with Gallagher. 

At 6pm we all read Mowbray's post match bullshit about how good North End are and on another day we could have had 5 or 6.

Never been so depressed being a Rovers fan and that says something.

Think to say it’s the worst it’s been is maybe a tad dramatic, it’s not as bad as kean or coyle days, but yes it’s still hard to get motivated by this currently 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Think to say it’s the worst it’s been is maybe a tad dramatic, it’s not as bad as kean or coyle days, but yes it’s still hard to get motivated by this currently 

Problem I have with the current situation is that as much as I want to see him gone I just can't see the Venkys getting rid. When it came to Coyle I could see and end to his reign and with all the anti Kean protests he had no choice.

TM seems to have his slippers well and truly under the table in Pune, and seems to believe everything that he says to the press. I genuinely think he believes we are playing well and everything is coming together.

I hope I am wrong, and that the Venkys watch the highlights of PNE giving us a hammering, look down the league table until they get to page 2 and pick up the phone and put us all out of our misery.

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Problem I have with the current situation is that as much as I want to see him gone I just can't see the Venkys getting rid. When it came to Coyle I could see and end to his reign and with all the anti Kean protests he had no choice.

TM seems to have his slippers well and truly under the table in Pune, and seems to believe everything that he says to the press. I genuinely think he believes we are playing well and everything is coming together.

I hope I am wrong, and that the Venkys watch the highlights of PNE giving us a hammering, look down the league table until they get to page 2 and pick up the phone and put us all out of our misery.

Genuinely can’t see it, owners don’t seem to have their ear to the ground around ewood, probably think the fans are content. Might have to do my letter pleading to the owners again 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Miller11 said:

You only need to look for a minute at what the Brentford fans are saying about Raya. He’s getting rave reviews for everything from his command of the defence to his distribution. Still making the quality saves we became accustomed to.

Walton is a massive downgrade purely on ability, let alone the fact he isn’t even our player.

Then begs the question, were we holding him back.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Then begs the question, were we holding him back.

Perhaps he's now getting the informed coaching he needed and as such, his development grows.

IMO, goalkeeping coach Benson is way, way out of his depth.

• Like 2

• Backroom
9 hours ago, JoeH said:

About half of our fans will sing some songs about TM, and wanting him out. Then we'll all go home depressed and come Monday - Mowbray will still be in the job.

Nah at a push we’ll get a chorus or two of ‘Tony sort it out’

• Like 1

I went to the Preston v Leeds game on Tuesday. Decent advert tbf. Leeds by far the better team and should of been 2 or 3 up by half time. 

Preston are a decent outfit and work hard. They seemed to play Nugent up top on his own which didn't work. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Rovers went there and got 3 points.

I just want us to show up with players playing where they are comfortable, play with a bit of urgency, and not to just give up when we inevitably to a goal behind.

Even under Coyle, we managed to come from behind to win at this level (twice aswell!), something we haven't managed since Mowbray came in.

Saying that, I expect the same dreary players in the same unfamiliar positions, and probably a 3-0 defeat.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Churchillian...

“I’m sure on Saturday, we might get beat and they might be better than us, but we’ll be there competing.”

This sent the wrong kind of chills down my spine. What a shite thing for your manager to be saying. Urgh!