BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, USABlue said:

It would astound me.

Problem is, it would give Mowbray another few months in charge.

We're back in the Kean situation where we had to ask ourselves "Would it be better to if we lost?"

Never thought I'd have to face that particular conundrum again. :angry:

• Backroom
Just now, 47er said:

Problem is, it would give Mowbray another few months in charge.

We're back in the Kean situation where we had to ask ourselves "Would it be better to if we lost?"

Never thought I'd have to face that particular conundrum again. :angry:

We went on our worst run of results ever under Venky's (including the Steve Kean era) under Mowbray last year and he was safe as houses. Don't think results are going to matter unless we're adrift and then it'll be too late, so we might as well keep hoping for wins even they are becoming less and less likely as Mowbray wraps himself in contradictions and nonsense. 

9 hours ago, DE. said:

We went on our worst run of results ever under Venky's (including the Steve Kean era) under Mowbray last year and he was safe as houses. Don't think results are going to matter unless we're adrift and then it'll be too late, so we might as well keep hoping for wins even they are becoming less and less likely as Mowbray wraps himself in contradictions and nonsense. 

Well it takes a very special manager to outdo Kean! What a gem we have.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, USABlue said:

How is he doing at Preston anyway?

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/big-pat-bauer.3428799/page-5

To take just one quote to sum up the thread "Bauer seemed like the perfect defensive signing at the time and so far he is proving to be just that."

Of course, we didn't want to stump up a fee or overpay.

• Backroom
Just now, Hasta said:

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/big-pat-bauer.3428799/page-5

To take just one quote to sum up the thread "Bauer seemed like the perfect defensive signing at the time and so far he is proving to be just that."

Of course, we didn't want to stump up a fee or overpay.

Had to "earn his place" past the mighty Lenihan, Williams, Mulgrew, Nyambe, Grayson and Platt as well. No wonder he told us to do one. 

• Like 3

Just now, windymiller7 said:

Anyone else think that this mysterious injury that Holtby's picked up (and prevented him from sitting on a chair signing autographs) might be as a direct result of him telling Mowbray that he's a complete tit?

It’s either that or he has seen the writing on the wall and doesn’t want to be part of the demise.

The treatment room usual fills up when a team is doing badly and then empties pretty quickly when a new manager comes in.

Or he is genuinely injured...

• Like 1

"He's just what we needed. He's like Hunts and Storey in one - Dominant in the air yet composed on the ball (better on the ball than Storey, mind).

I've seen a few reports that Bauer is just your typical old fashion centre half who heads it and kicks it but he's much more than that imo."

How we managed to let him slip through our fingers after chasing him for over a year still amazes me.

Just now, JacknOry said:

"He's just what we needed. He's like Hunts and Storey in one - Dominant in the air yet composed on the ball (better on the ball than Storey, mind).

I've seen a few reports that Bauer is just your typical old fashion centre half who heads it and kicks it but he's much more than that imo."

How we managed to let him slip through our fingers after chasing him for over a year still amazes me.

I guess we will find out first hand on Saturday whether we missed out or not.

27 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The thought he's had enough did cross my mind a while back.

I've been wondering about that since the summer. I struggle to accept that our transfer activity was how Mowbray wanted it to be and wonder if he's had his nose put out of joint. The long failed pursuit of Bauer, 'defenders are coming' and the loan of Mulgrew/spending all our money on Gallagher. All seems off to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

I've been wondering about that since the summer. I struggle to accept that our transfer activity was how Mowbray wanted it to be and wonder if he's had his nose put out of joint. The long failed pursuit of Bauer, 'defenders are coming' and the loan of Mulgrew/spending all our money on Gallagher. All seems off to me. 

The confidence and bullishness he had in summer all but disappeared by the start of the season.  The keeper conundrum makes me a bit suspicious i'm amazed they ended up with Walton after some of the names being linked. Also the lines about selling the goalie to buy a striker followed by the Raya money still hasn't been spent.

Gallagher and Walton presented like Brereton maybe whilst he was allowed to get his man in Downing and possibly Johnson ?

I've long been of suspicion the transfer action here gets sliced up between a few people.

21 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Anyone else think that this mysterious injury that Holtby's picked up (and prevented him from sitting on a chair signing autographs) might be as a direct result of him telling Mowbray that he's a complete tit?

Looking on his instagram i think he's genuinely injured. He's injury prone so its no surprise.

57 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The thought he's had enough did cross my mind a while back.

Said it before, but our only hope is someone like Boro coming in for him IMO. They're not sacking him unless things get really, really bad, and he's not walking away.

A Souness salvo once again...we can but pray.

59 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Appalling interview from Mowbray. If you didn't know better you'd think he was deliberately angling for a pay off there.

This is the key though isn't it; we do know better. We know that the Clowns in Pune couldn't care less.

Yet when they do make a change - because Mowbray gets tired of the abuse, or decides he can't make all the lads any better humans, or more likely is too old to walk - it'll be for some other shitmuncher.

They're absolutely the worst, it's gone beyond hate for me now. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

It has certainly crossed my mind. Not too sure how we can have so many out injured all at once, so either some are faking it, we are a very unlucky club, or there is something causing players to become more injured than at most other clubs. 

Just now, Bad Boy said:

Just been chatting with a PNE mate and he reckons Bauer is their player of the season by a country mile.

As for Holtby something smells, and is not Dack’s undies.

Yet we spent £1m on a novice from City who isn’t even our player 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

It really is hyper cringeworthy that they actually believe that nonsense about the free tickets. 

That lot really are such a set of whoppers.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

And to make it worse we haven’t actually SOLD 4,000+ tickets.

The club has been handing them out free in Blackburn town centre, wish I’d have known, would have saved us a few quid. :lol:

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/and-they-say-we-are-obsessed-with-them.3429092/page-11

They're sad bastards aren't they.