BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, DE. said:

Just shows how desperate he is, when he's reaching to those depths to try and defend the shit he's serving up. We should NEVER have been in League 1 in the first place. The only reason we ended up there was because of the horrific decision to appoint Owen Coyle. Mowbray proved when he came in that we had enough to survive, and in almost any other season 51 points would have seen us stay up comfortably. We romped out of League 1 without even playing well because our players were far too good for that division and didn't even need to be anywhere near their best to win most matches. We literally sold nobody from a team that got 51 points the previous season in the Championship, bought the best player in League 1 and then a bunch of other players who were pretty much all playing at Championship level before they came here. Downing the only major exception I can think of off the top of my head. 

Even with all of those advantages, and I believe the highest wage bill in the division by some disance, we still had to settle with finishing second. 

Grateful to get out of League 1 at the first attempt, but we had a lot going for us and were far too good for that division. It would have been an epic and unforgiveable failure if we hadn't gotten promoted. I think Mowbray pretty much said that himself at the time, so to now bring it up as if we're a newly promoted lower league team getting to grips with the fearsome Championship is nonsense. Stop coming up with ridiculous excuses and just admit this is not good enough!

It’s beyond words .

whatever credit this idiot had in the bank - and that’s more to do with his demeanour off the field than on it - it’s rapidly disappearing . I always thought his conservatism was the thing that failed to stop relegation ;we had enough about us to stay up .But that’s all in the past .

however this bloke is now in way over his head and it’s the ramblings of a lunatic . He has shown nothing on any level to suggest he can manage his way out of the current situation . A couple of results would clearly help but we all know that any redemption would be purely temporary because the bloke has ‘ gone’.

He needs putting out of misery quickly for everyone’s sake .

The truly galling thing is the mutes who masquerade as our board are impotent and will be thinking that any rocking of boats might rebound on their own cosy positions. I bet they are crapping themselves desperate for some miracle . In Tony we trust my ass.

I genuinely think he’s just lost it , lock stock and barrel . In any other industry if the top guy was coming out with this bollocks you’d stand him down and send him on a long holiday for his own good .

i really do think we are at that point and with fans ready to turn on him it could break the guy . I think it’s gone past him being just crap , I think we are on the brink of mental illness .

• Like 6

^^^^^^^

i don`t think mowbray is ready for calderstones,he`s just run out of ideas and now reached the end,a half decent board/chairman would be realising this and be getting ready to pull the trigger,knowing this catastrophic lot they`ll keep him until relegation is staring us in the face,probably won`t happen this season but going into the next without potting him is asking for it

He's made some strange decisions this season. Suddenly playing Armstrong centrally is one. Buying another non scoring striker for big bucks is another. Benching Rothwell and sapping his confidence is one more. It's really sad cos he was massively popular after our promotion season. He just seems so argumentative when interviewed. Clearly Johnson was also promoted to the first team to nullify his threat. Interesting who he picks tomorrow. Got to be Dack and Graham up top for me. Think there's call for a complete freshening up of the team but not sure we'll see it. 

On 24/10/2019 at 17:27, darrenrover said:

Probably right Stuart, similar to why Ben Gladwin's still on the books. For Tony's a jolly good fellow (when it's not his money)

Is Ben Gladwin still on the books? According to Wikipedia he is, although it states he signed a two year contract which ended in June 2019. I cannot find him on the Rovers' site; in the first team squad or the development squad. Has he just vanished into thin air?

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am still looking forward to tomorrow 0-2.

Is that Rovers to lose 2-0? We Rovers fans always put Rovers score first.

Just now, bazza said:

Is Ben Gladwin still on the books? According to Wikipedia he is, although it states he signed a two year contract which ended in June 2019. I cannot find him on the Rovers' site; in the first team squad or the development squad. Has he just vanished into thin air?

In my 50 years of football involvement, the home teams score is always first no matter who you support.                             PS. I have never predicted a Rovers loss 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

Whilst the team, formation and tactics aren’t predictable a few things are.

We will play dull walking football where we’ll look to get the opta stats up with meaningless possession at the back. This will neither generate chances nor pull Preston players out of position. We aren’t good enough to play possession football so we will become frustrated and lump balls towards Gallagher. The wet paper bag will no doubt win some headers vs smaller full backs but we will not get to the second ball.

After some weird substitutions (anyone dares to have a good game in Prestons half will be hooked) I suspect we’ll lose 3-1. Tony will be surprised by how poor we were in certain aspects and never saw it coming even though it’s been dire for 12 months. Tony will then bemoan the miracles that happen at brockhall vs the girls team.

Failing managers need their own catchphrase “we gave it a right good go” and “real fans can see what we’re trying to do” are already taken. So his can be “we were in league one once therefore can’t expect to compete in this division.” Will talk Preston up as Barcelona. Then all back to Yarm for ice cream where he will present the players with these trophies:

B7772659-028C-4AAC-B1E9-0AE521563E05.png

• Like 3

Just now, rigger said:

In my 50 years of football involvement, the home teams score is always first no matter who you support.

This is so in national fixture lists such as in newspapers.

Check the Rovers programmes of 40 years ago where the fixture list gives games home and away. Rovers score always first. Im looking at a Rovers programme v Man Utd FA Cup 5th round 15/2/85.

The fixture list in the programme gives our opponents in bold type for home games. Sept 22nd Notts County (non-bold type and therefore away) 3-0 scorers Lowey, Thompson, Garner.

Oct 10th Oxford Utd away Milk Cup 2nd round 2nd leg 1-3. scorer Garner.

Oct 27th Man City away 1-2  scorer Brotherston.

Seems always putting home teams score first on Rovers fixture list is a modern change.

Sorry to go of thread?

Just now, bazza said:

This is so in national fixture lists such as in newspapers.

Check the Rovers programmes of 40 years ago where the fixture list gives games home and away. Rovers score always first. Im looking at a Rovers programme v Man Utd FA Cup 5th round 15/2/85.

The fixture list in the programme gives our opponents in bold type for home games. Sept 22nd Notts County (non-bold type and therefore away) 3-0 scorers Lowey, Thompson, Garner.

Oct 10th Oxford Utd away Milk Cup 2nd round 2nd leg 1-3. scorer Garner.

Oct 27th Man City away 1-2  scorer Brotherston.

Seems always putting home teams score first on Rovers fixture list is a modern change.

Sorry to go of thread?

So have you managed to work out what score I meant?

• Like 1

According to Malcolm Gladwell in his book 'Blink', certain negative social phenomena tend to occur in clusters, as media reporting acts as a catalyst for similar behaviours amongst vulnerable individuals / groups...

Just turned the PC on to see Southampton have shipped 9 goals without reply in a first team fixture this evening versus Leicester.

We're doomed.... Doomed I tell ye!

COYB - off yer arses, play with a bit of professional pride, and for gawds sake don't come home with the record books for Championship defeats ringing in yer cosseted lugholes..

Even so, 4-0 to the Nobenders ? at a canter for them..

1 hour ago, bazza said:

I think he was on the squad photo. At least he was in the background on photoshoot day. 

Apparently he's still using the Brockhall facilities to rehabilitate after an injury which has kept him out of action for 2 years. 

Something of a cover up operation going on. Sharpe let it slip in the summer that he was being given a new 6 month deal suggesting that we would be paying him to use our facilities out of some sort of sympathy towards him. When interrogated further on that the response has just been a vague 'he's still there's but no information on his contract status.

Some record we have at giving contracts.out to non contributors.

• Like 1

Just now, Kamy100 said:

I hope that Preston have a good drainage system as the amount of rain that has fallen since this afternoon and there is a yellow warning for heavuyrain through the night and for most of the day tomorrow,.

I don't think that is going to be the main dampener on our spirits tomorrow. to be fair.. I can't remember feeling as hopeless and despondent about a game for some time - although it isn't quite as cringeworthy as the ignominious reversal of fortunes against our six fingered knuckle-dragging neighbours up the M65 quite yet.

You never know - maybe the tide is about to turn........ and then I woke up..

Not sure if anyone has posted this but Rothwell has just put a post on his instagram "time to put things rights tomorrow". He's not the most active on social media, so to me this means he's been given the nod for the starting 11. Really hope so and he shows us what he's about. 

No other reason why he'd put a post.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Ian Herbert of this parish doing the preview show on Radio Lancs as we speak...

Really enjoyed it doing it, hope it was a decent listen. Tommy Spurr is a lovely chap...link here if anyone fancies a listen 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07q4332

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

I hope that Preston have a good drainage system as the amount of rain that has fallen since this afternoon and there is a yellow warning for heavuyrain through the night and for most of the day tomorrow,.

I hope they don’t have a good drainage system and the game gets called off early doors before the majority of fans have set off and are then free to enjoy their Saturday ?? I’ll be more than happy if I get to save my ticket for a rescheduled game later in the year with hopefully a new manager at the helm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this but Rothwell has just put a post on his instagram "time to put things rights tomorrow". He's not the most active on social media, so to me this means he's been given the nod for the starting 11. Really hope so and he shows us what he's about. 

No other reason why he'd put a post.

Ironically, Rothwell shouldn’t be starting away at Preston anyway.

6 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Really enjoyed it doing it, hope it was a decent listen. Tommy Spurr is a lovely chap...link here if anyone fancies a listen 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07q4332

I listened live and enjoyed it, you came across well.

Mind you so did Joey Barton in his interview, real manager talk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I listened live and enjoyed it, you came across well.

Mind you so did Joey Barton in his interview, real manager talk.

He did, very positive, talking about winning game after game, not accepting failure and being a ‘champion team’.

This is Fleetwood, spent most of their existence well down the non league pyramid, they still attract less than 3,000 home fans a week in a league with Sunderland; Ipswich Town et al. Yet their manager wants to go toe to toe with everyone. 

Quite a contrast...

Edited by Mattyblue

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ironically, Rothwell shouldn’t be starting away at Preston anyway.

I disagree, give them something to think about. We can't keep things tight anyway who ever plays so we might aswell give it a go.

I would love to see Chapman and Rothwell on opposing flanks at some point but it'll never happen.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He did, very positive, talking about winning game after game, not accepting failure and being a ‘champion team’.

This is Fleetwood, spent most of their existence well down the non league pyramid, they still attract less than 3,000 home fans a week in a league with Sunderland; Ipswich Town et al. Yet their manager wants to go toe to toe with everyone. 

Quite a contrast...

That kind of attitude is just what we need. Part of me thinks he has too much baggage but then we had Diouf and Savage and they both became fan favourites.

Not accepting failure and demanding the best is exactly what our rabble need. This idea of trying hard, turning up and competing is loser-code for defeat is acceptable... sometimes. In professional sport, it’s never acceptable.