BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Parsonblue said:

I'm not bothered what the reason for Rothwell's withdrawal - to be honest I'd forgotten he was on the pitch in the second half.  Reminds me of the ultimate headless chicken - runs around a lot but not much in the way of end product.

There’s something very wrong here. We all know what Rothwell is capable of, we saw it last season. Mowbray seems to think he can change the midfield players every game and they will all perform. Some players need to get into a rhythm. Rothwell didn’t have the perfect start in his spell at the end of last season but he grew. Now he has become “the ultimate headless chicken”. Is this because he is expected to do so or risk being dropped for not working/trying hard enough, or has he regressed under Mowbray? Either way it’s a sad indictment.

• Like 3

Just now, north_ender said:

Neil got the starting team badly, badly wrong. The front line was totally unbalanced with Browne on the right (with Bodin and Potts, right wingers, sat on the bench) and Hughes had a shocker first half filling in at centre back for Davies (Storey, a CB, sat on the bench).

He doesn't often get it wrong tactically, but when he does he isn't afraid to change it quickly and the first half change bringing Stockley on made a big difference.

Just like I said after the match in March last season, I look at Blackburn and fail to see what way they are trying to play, or what the manager is asking the players to do. Yes you went 2-0 up early on, but whilst you did show some decent aggression and pressing, it was more down to our ineptitude in the first 15 minutes than any patterns of play by Rovers. The players seem to be shoehorned into different roles despite Mowbray having numerous opportunities to rebalance the side in the market. It seems to me that you recruit based on seeing who's available rather than methodically balancing out the squad, hence having 2 very expensive strikers in the squad yet defenders always playing out of position.

Once we actually started stringing some moves together and played off Stockley, Rovers were second best and we dominated. Once the first goal went in it looks inevitable that we'd go on to score more. Mowbray's post-match interview is that of a desperate man facing the sack. He can blame the referee all he wants but Blackburn have been conceding a lot of goals for some time, so it's down to him.

To me it looks like you have the basis of a potentially good side at this level but need a much better manager tactically and in the market.

No problem with away fans honest and straight to the point assessments such as this.

Your team had the bollox to come roaring back,our team have none.Fair play.

• Like 1

my views on the game, 

1st half we were excellent and played so well that Neil had to change it. We started 4-1-4-1 formation with Evans sat infront of back 4 with Armstrong right Rothwell left and Dack and Bennett in centre. Bennett was pick in there to stop Gallagher playing and he did so well Neil withdraw him. and change the players around in the same formation. 1st half we were at it and defend brilliant and so confidently. Gallagher took his goals well and played so really. At Half time was impressed and thought this was the turning point, how wrong was here. I knew at half time we need to get that 3rd goal to win the game. #

Second Half we gifted them a goal by a mistake by Walton. He should have catch the ball and be sure it was his. Not gift them a chance. After they scored we need to change it tactical and personal. Mowbray did neither and it costed us big time. It was a pen but felt several decisions by the ref was soft for them. Pearson is such a cry baby for supposedly a hard man. We didn't get the 50/50 off the ref. After it went 3-2 I know we were never coming back. The Graham sub was pointless and Rothwell should have gone off earlier to bring on Downing. The centre backs were bullied by Stockley and someone like Craig Short would have sorted him out. We lack a proper leader at the back and its costly us badly now. 

Mowbray was very quiet and I noticed never stood in the touchline like usual. Maybe he knows its done for him. I don't know. I feel that it didn't have to be this way if he made the signings we needed in the keeper and defence areas. We all know what we needed in the summer and failure to deliver what we needed should cost him his job. I love Mowbray for the job he has done but its feels like he took us as far as he can. very sad day for me. 

None of Rovers coaching staff stood up really during the game which is really odd. Just like not bring on Travis which we need during the second half

• Like 7

1 hour ago, yankfan said:

This summer, We had 2 keepers lined up, one an experienced one and another a young player.  Also had 2 CB coming in.  Expected to push for playoffs.

TM has to go, as nothing he has promised has materialized. 

can you name who these players was please?

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

What I'd give for this image in the papers next week.

Bellamy-Hughes.jpg

Does Hughes even want back into management? we not heard much from him since his days at Southampton. Would he take a job if Bowen isn't with him and the same for Eddie N and Hodges. Is he prepare to change his staff like Rowett has done at Millwall now compare to Birmingham days. 

43 minutes ago, benhben said:

did any of the crowd make any Mowbray out noises at the end?

I didn't hear a thing

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Does Hughes even want back into management? we not heard much from him since his days at Southampton. Would he take a job if Bowen isn't with him and the same for Eddie N and Hodges. Is he prepare to change his staff like Rowett has done at Millwall now compare to Birmingham days

God knows, but if I was looking for a new gaffer he would be up there with Hughton.

If he is interested in getting back into management then this is a challenge that might just appeal.

As for his coaches, I'm sure a man of his experience has enough contacts.

9 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I think I said that whatever you think about the manager - and he is clearly losing the plot - one or two players also need to look at their performance.  If you read that as it ALL being the players at fault fair enough, but it wasn't what I said. 

Centre-backs shouldn't allow themselves to be bullied in the way we were in the second half.  I can think of any number of centre-backs we've had who would have sorted Stockley out very quickly. 

I'm not bothered what the reason for Rothwell's withdrawal - to be honest I'd forgotten he was on the pitch in the second half.  Reminds me of the ultimate headless chicken - runs around a lot but not much in the way of end product.

Thought rothwell was quite until the 10mins before he went off.

To be fair to Tosin it was clearly Williams that got bullied, he twigged after half time and moved onto Williams and it gave them a lot of joy. 

I still think that those two today are our best cb partnership on the books. 

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Thought rothwell was quite until the 10mins before he went off.

To be fair to Tosin it was clearly Williams that got bullied, he twigged after half time and moved onto Williams and it gave them a lot of joy. 

I still think that those two today are our best cb partnership on the books. 

Bullied by Stockley, brought in from Exeter. Barkhuisen scores two... from Morecambe.

Shows what proper management can achieve at this level...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

“Wherever they are in the league, and wherever we are, it just shows that on the day anyone can beat anyone.”

Eh?! No Tony, us winning would have shown that. What it showed is the form table got this one spot on, and that we can't defend a fucking lead to save our lives!

What the hell was that about? Can someone check on TM to see if he's okay?

If what he says at half time is anything like this then we know the root of problem.

Just now, rigger said:

we were so far on top in that game for 55 mins, then concede a poor goal , and we go to pot. I have never played in a team like that. It's the same players what happened?

Our team have surrendered leads so many times now that I think, when we concede, they feel the same air of inevitability about it that we do. Only a new manager with fresh ideas and approach can change that now. Otherwise we are doomed to permanently tremble as soon as we ship one.

Should feel gutted after throwing away a 2 goal lead but instead the feeling is just one of resignation, you feel with this lot that had we been 3 up at half time they'd somehow have found a way to lose 4-3.

Preston upped the tempo and went far more direct and we simply couldn't handle it, we've no leaders on the pitch despite the nonsense about Bennett being Mr. Blackburn Rovers etc.

Walton is an absolute joke and needs shipping back from whence he came asap. Should bring Leutwiler in temporarily and get someone else in in January. Elsewhere, despite the fact we conceded 3 I thought Bell especially and Tosin had decent games.

Two things I didn't like off the pitch.  Bell who I thought had a very good game was the only player at the end who braved the walk to the far end of the pitch to acknowledge the fans and was roundly booed for it which I thought was completely out of order.The other thing was various scores destroying seats at the back of the stand after the whistle. If you can't stand losing, don't go.

If it brings Mowbray nearer to the exit door I'll take the defeat. Mowbray out.

• Like 3

Just now, bluebruce said:

Our team have surrendered leads so many times now that I think, when we concede, they feel the same air of inevitability about it that we do. Only a new manager with fresh ideas and approach can change that now. Otherwise we are doomed to permanently tremble as soon as we ship one.

To be honest, we've been like that for 10 years.

Venkys have only ever appointed a string of poor managers, we just do the same cycle every time.

None of them have ever managed to instill any form of winning mentality because they aren't good enough.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 5

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Should feel gutted after throwing away a 2 goal lead but instead the feeling is just one of resignation, you feel with this lot that had we been 3 up at half time they'd somehow have found a way to lose 4-3.

Preston upped the tempo and went far more direct and we simply couldn't handle it, we've no leaders on the pitch despite the nonsense about Bennett being Mr. Blackburn Rovers etc.

Walton is an absolute joke and needs shipping back from whence he came asap. Should bring Leutwiler in temporarily and get someone else in in January. Elsewhere, despite the fact we conceded 3 I thought Bell especially and Tosin had decent games.

Two things I didn't like off the pitch.  Bell who I thought had a very good game was the only player at the end who braved the walk to the far end of the pitch to acknowledge the fans and was roundly booed for it which I thought was completely out of order.The other thing was various scores destroying seats at the back of the stand after the whistle. If you can't stand losing, don't go.

If it brings Mowbray nearer to the exit door I'll take the defeat. Mowbray out.

I am one of Bell's biggest critics  but I thought his first half was the best I had seen him play. 

• Like 2

Just now, davulsukur said:

To be honest, we've been like that for 10 years.

Venkys have only ever appointed a string of poor managers, we just do the same cycle every time.

None of them have ever managed to instill any form of winning mentality because they aren't good enough.

only managers who have made us look defensively sound in the last 10 years are lambert(f****d off in hope of landing celtic job)eric black(only in charge for a few weeks) and bowyer(negative but otherwise sound),this is venky`s though,if the axe falls on mowbray we could end up with  anybody,just a matter of the first agent ringing them up and giving his client plaudits

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was a pen but felt several decisions by the ref was soft for them. Pearson is such a cry baby for supposedly a hard man.

The centre backs were bullied by Stockley and someone like Craig Short would have sorted him out. We lack a proper leader at the back and its costly us badly now. 

To be honest, we do go down quite easily and try to buy cheap free kicks. We also time waste very regularly away from home. It's sometimes not great to watch but it's now part of the game, and as a team with a very small budget for this level, we are never going to turn up and just play teams off the park every week. We have to scrap, be streetwise, be willing to change things up sometimes in how we play, and have good 'game management'.

Tony Mowbray seemed quite critical of it in his post-match interview, along with the fact that we hit it long throughout the game. My response to that would be that why wouldn't we keep hitting it long when it was clear that the Rovers defenders couldn't really deal with it? And also, perhaps if Mowbray didn't think himself to be above 'game management' then you wouldn't be letting teams get on top of you and throwing away leads. If he believes you can just pass teams off the park every week without having to go long or changes things up sometimes in this league then he clearly isn't adaptable enough tactically. If he wants to paint himself as a purist then fine, but it clearly doesn't help in winning points.

As for your centre backs, having seen them today fail to deal with balls into the box, long balls, and a physical target man, I'm astonished that your local press were briefing that Bauer wouldn't have been an automatic first choice at Blackburn and that's why you didn't sign him. Granted, he should have done better on the first goal, but I thought he was gargantuan in the second half and I suspect the result may well have been different if he'd been playing for the other side today. As you say it's clear that you lack a leader in the defence.

As I said in my previous post, given some of the quality players you have, you look to have the makings of a decent Championship side, but you obviously need a managerial change.

Edited by north_ender
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Then stop picking Bennett,

Admit he fucked up by signing Walton to replace Raya.

Finally realise that he should have stuck to his promise and signed defenders.

Those mistakes are made week in week out by players he won't drop. His fault, his mess now it's time for him to jump ship and let somebody else clean up and start again.

I don't think he had any idea who to sign after selling Raya ???