BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Will defeat to North End see the end of Mowbray?

Will Mowbray be gone if we lose?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mowbray be gone if we lose?

• Yes
    • No

I, too, was out all afternoon. Got home about 4.35 to find we were 3-2 down to the Knobbers; "Not too bad", I thought, having been at Deepdale last season. Then I discovered that we'd actually been 2-0 up - and after 11 minutes, too - and away, to the lesser of our two traditional rivals in my eyes, anyway.

Then - just now, in fact: I'm an old fogey; I don't 'do' social media - I've seen the goals from Deepdale on Quest. Was that our 6' 5" tall loaned goalkeeper fannying around for their first? And was that our undroppable Captain - first name on the teamsheet: Bennett and 10 others? - conceding a penalty on the second consecutive Saturday?

On another thread on here not too long ago, I referred to an article in The Times on the day we played Newcastle United in the 3rd Round of last season's F.A. Cup. I read the article on the train up to St. James' Park; it showed what a nice - and loyal - bloke our manager is to all members of his staff. And I thought, "Ahh!"

Then, as I recently posted on another thread, Neil Harris raised the bar in the 'Championship Managers as decent blokes' category by resigning as Millwall's manager because he felt he could take them no further.

If our present manager believes his own publicity - as, to be fair, I used to - that he's one of football's nice guys, why on earth doesn't he do the decent thing and follow Neil Harris's example?

Edited by m1st
Specifying which channel I'd watched Mowbray's team lose on.
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Any decision to sack him wont happen tonight. 

Most likely a Monday or Tuesday with Venkys. 

Bowyer and Appleton sacked on a Monday.  Coyle sacked on a Tuesday

He isnt going to be going anywhere. Holding false hope that he will sacked will sadly only leave you dissapointed.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He isnt going to be going anywhere. Holding false hope that he will sacked will sadly only leave you dissapointed.

we will see. You can keep your attitude if it like that to yourself. 

3 managers were sacked on Monday and one on Tuesday. 

If the owners want promotion then they have huge decisions to make here

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

we will see. You can keep your attitude if it like that to yourself. 

3 managers were sacked on Monday and one on Tuesday. 

If the owners want promotion then they have huge decisions to make here

They are still clueless and won't be able to see the writing on the wall.

Tony probably put a call in to Pune last night with some reassuring bullshit.

• Like 1

TMs going nowhere fast unless he walks he's surrounded himself with his mates making him virtually unsackable in the UK so unless some agency bend Balajis ear or Tony upsets madame cat then he's here for the foreseeable.. The issue is the ownership and has been since the takeover.. A lot of carpet baggers have made a tidy profit through these loons 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

TMs going nowhere fast unless he walks he's surrounded himself with his mates making him virtually unsackable in the UK so unless some agency bend Balajis ear or Tony upsets madame cat then he's here for the foreseeable.. The issue is the ownership and has been since the takeover.. A lot of carpet baggers have made a tidy profit through these loons 

Yet they still pay the bills. 

Yet they still paid 12 million odd for a couple of strikers. 

We would be in Boltons position without them. 

Yes they are naive and yes they have made mistakes. However Tony has done this to himself. Can you imagine Hughes working with this budget? Houghton? They would all do better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, imy9 said:

Yet they still paid 12 million odd for a couple of stinkers. 

Yes they are naive and yes they have made mistakes. However Tony has done this to himself. Can you imagine Hughes working with this budget? Houghton? They would all do better. 

? Couldn't resist

20 hours ago, imy9 said:

Yet they still paid 12 million odd for a couple of strikers. 

Paying the bills... The 12 million is a drop in the ocean