BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?

Just now, roverstdt said:

That the beautiful think we heading doesn't guarantee anything we may stay up, like i can say "we are heading for promotion" there is no way even opinion can be proven contrary as we cannot predict the future. What i am saying today on the 22nd of November 2019 compare to 22nd of November 2016 are we in a better position as a club, with our squad and with our manager? Yes we are.

Taking your point literally, in term of position in the league, we are slightly better off. But..

Is the football better ?

has the club invested well ?

Does the team appear to have an appetite for a battle ?

Is there a good team spirit ?

Is there a general positive feel about the club ?

Is the team progressing/growing/performing better ( compared to last season ) ?

Is the manager inspiring our crop of young players?

Is the club happy to rely on a loan goalkeeper when we sold a very good one last summer ?

I could go on. Saying we are in a far better position than when Mowbray arrived is really stretching it. ( Not entirely his fault though )

• Like 3

• Backroom

The fact the comparison point right now is the lowest point in our recent history (purely in terms of squad, league position and manager) says it all about how things are going. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

No arguing his limits as a manager, more that overall he has left us in a better position. From the defence side i really struggle to see how? Greer and Brown were absolutely torrid players. I would very much take Tosin, Nyambe, Lenihan, WIlliams in our defence any day of the week than Greer Brown Hoban Hendrie and so forth. 

Thats not a fair comparison. Nyambe, Lenihan and Williams were in both squads, the main difference is Mulgrew out (pre his recent decline) and Adarabioyo in. Greer, Hoban, Brown and Hendrie were all shite to varying degrees were all squad players. Weve also added Bell, moved Bennett and added Walton so weve lost some shite back there and added some.

No doubt that overall the squad has improved but of course the main fact is that 15m worth of attackers have been added and none are worthy of being in the team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Lower than getting relegated to League One? Lower than Steve Kean as manager? I think there are some short term memories. 

Relegation to League One was depressing, Steve Kean was pure hatred. This is as low as I've felt as we're going absolutely nowhere and it's been 9 yrs in the making. 

I think there are people who don't read properly. 

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Relegation to League One was depressing, Steve Kean was pure hatred. This is as low as I've felt as we're going absolutely nowhere and it's been 9 yrs in the making. 

I think there are people who don't read properly. 

Do read but still find it confusing how this can be as low as you felt, when the hatred I had for Kean took me lower followed by despair. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats not a fair comparison. Nyambe, Lenihan and Williams were in both squads, the main difference is Mulgrew out (pre his recent decline) and Adarabioyo in. Greer, Hoban, Brown and Hendrie were all shite to varying degrees were all squad players. Weve also added Bell, moved Bennett and added Walton so weve lost some shite back there and added some.

No doubt that overall the squad has improved but of course the main fact is that 15m worth of attackers have been added and none are worthy of being in the team.

Not doubting that, I agree with you, I however, disagree with every fan who would say we were better off prior to Mowbray or that we are no better prior to Mowbray. Had we turn back time to the last 10 years i can think of far worse situations we have been in and considering the mess that Coyle left us, Mowbray's has overall been a positive. His time may have come to end soon, but to say this is the lowest and the most deflated fans has felt since the Venky's took over is a massive over statement. 

Just now, roverstdt said:

Do read but still find it confusing how this can be as low as you felt, when the hatred I had for Kean took me lower followed by despair. 

"about as low" which means it's on a par with the Kean level but more it's more depression than anger.

Plus Kean was at the beginning, I'd hoped it would have been SO much better by now. 

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Taking your point literally, in term of position in the league, we are slightly better off. But..

Is the football better ?

has the club invested well ?

Does the team appear to have an appetite for a battle ?

Is there a good team spirit ?

Is there a general positive feel about the club ?

Is the team progressing/growing/performing better ( compared to last season ) ?

Is the manager inspiring our crop of young players?

Is the club happy to rely on a loan goalkeeper when we sold a very good one last summer ?

I could go on. Saying we are in a far better position than when Mowbray arrived is really stretching it. ( Not entirely his fault though )

Happy to answer these. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Is the football better ? Since Owen Coyle? Yes absolutely, at least i see a team with desire and fight 

has the club invested well ? I think it is too early to say Dack yes, Gallagher could, Armstrong yes, Holtby Yes, so they have been some good signings other i will not and for the younger players they are yet to prove but who knows they may eventually catch up. 

Does the team appear to have an appetite for a battle ? Battle yes, just it is disorgansied and unbalanced to me. 

Is there a good team spirit ? Yes the team does play for each other.

Is there a general positive feel about the club ? No but has there ever been since Venky's took over? 

Is the team progressing/growing/performing better ( compared to last season ) ? Depends on where we finish at the end of the season. Not saying we should keep Mowbray i am saying we are in a better positon since he took over. 

Is the manager inspiring our crop of young players? He did originally, is he still? Debatable but once again I am not saying we should keep Mowbray i am defending the fact that people say we are worse off since he took over. 

Is the club happy to rely on a loan goalkeeper when we sold a very good one last summer ? How many fans wanted him gone at the same time? 

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

"about as low" which means it's on a par with the Kean level but more it's more depression than anger.

Plus Kean was at the beginning, I'd hoped it would have been SO much better by now. 

How? We have had 9 years of destruction from our owners? We are by no means in a position to be fighting for the Premier League. We can certainly build towards it for the future but we aren't even close to that. We have too many bridges to rebuild. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

How? We have had 9 years of destruction from our owners? We are by no means in a position to be fighting for the Premier League. We can certainly build towards it for the future but we aren't even close to that. We have too many bridges to rebuild. 

Probably the hope more than anything. A lot of that hope stems from Tony spending £15m on two players that have been abject failures  when we're in this level of debt. And we're just supposed to be happy we're building for the future?

How many points are we behind where we were this time last year as well for fuck sake? A manager that plays players in their position would build bridges a lot quicker for me. 

Relevant to this thread what's your prediction for tomorrow? 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we win tomorrow, they can’t be up to much if they’re rock bottom and without a win since the opening day.

And yet....I was much more confident against Charlton and Luton and they both stuck two past us each and walked away with three points without too much trouble. Barnsley must have noted that we’ve already lost at home to the two teams they came up with.

Pretty grim though that it’s only November, any hope of doing anything of note this season is long gone (if there was any hope at all) and we’re hoping for three points against Barnsley to keep a decent gap between ourselves and the bottom three. Bleak stuff.

Edited by frosty
  • Like 1

Lose this tomorrow and I see us going down unless there is a change in direction from above imo. Depression set in long ago with Rovers, fucking hoping we get a result at home against bottom of the table Barnsley just rubs the salt in. 

It has come to something when half the people you speak to about your beloved club want them to lose tomorrow so there can be a change of wastrel at the wheel.

giphy.gif

But let's face it, with the Goons & Loons in charge, it isn't going to change very much at all, until they are gone.

Sadly, I'm amongst those that would prefer Rovers to get a good hiding tomorrow, so that at least there will be some logic and momentum for a new man at the helm. Unfortunately I'm also amongst those that believe the people in charge at Ewood couldn't pick a winner if they had a bloody time machine....

• Like 1

i think we all want rovers to win every game,it`s just difficult to get motivated as a fan to go and watch the same boring,soft,negative aproach every week,iv1e said it before,whats the point in trying to contain the opposition when our strength is attacking,our defence is pitiful,at least try and score a few before we inevitably concede one or two

• Like 2

Like the majority of people on here I'm deflated and frustrated with how bad this season has been. That squad of players in my opinion are much better than our league position suggests. 

Im struggling to even get motivated for the game tomorrow. If a defeat would mean a new positive managerial change then I'm all for that. Never thought I would say that but its true. 

• Like 2

Come On You Rovers!!!

At last a winnable match for our team a lot of people has been very tight and keep moaning about Tony ,well he put us back to this division and and after our first campaig we not just survived and keep on the diviton but we keep far from the danger zone...

Any way not everybody things like me so i really l reallt this match could be the fist one of many showing a better football a football that is not impossible to dowe have shown that before...

I think to press and atack will be thekey if we let they feel comfortable on our ground they can take a point of us...

I say will be a victoryfour or beloved tram 3-0 with two goals from Gallagher ( yes I'm optimistic this weekend) and one more from Armstrong 

#COYBBR 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#TheMexicanRover

• Like 2