Just now, JHRover said:

Charge London prices in Blackburn you won't get people buying when there's a plethora of alternatives within a short walk. Accy Stanley sussed that one out a while ago and hey presto its £1 a pint.

I've just spend the day in Manchester with my missus and seeing some of those prices in some restaurants and we didn't in them. 

The price of Rovers food is similar to Weatherspoon prices for burgers. 

Yes I will agree the prices of pints/drinks or food inside the stadium is overpriced. I don't drink at football matches cos I drive to the games so the prices. 

I don't support Stanley 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As other club's look to constantly boost their income streams, we downsize and downsize. AFC Fylde, currently bottom half of the fifth tier rake it in with their conference centre, hotel, cafe, s

Waggott: 'I want to see this club used every day of the year'. Well, fresh from closing: Radio Rovers. DE lower. BBE upper. Legends Lounge after a trial. He's now closing

Completely agree ..the people on here calling this a travesty and the clubs fault ..how many times did they actually go to the Blues Bar mid week ? Lots of local pubs are struggling mid week nevermind

Just now, JHRover said:

No I very rarely go in and rarely buy any food or drink from the club outlets. I'm a real ale drinker and don't like being ripped off. So I won't be paying £4 or whatever it is for a pint of Fosters or John Smiths.

They could relaunch the Blues Bar. Change the name. Call it the 'Rovers Return' and refurbish it to give it a 'real ale pub' style feel. 

That's an awful idea. Why would you want it to look like a typical public house? People can find those anywhere besides the many that have gone out of business. It should have a sports bar theme being part of a sports stadium.

As for the name how about something creative? That's unlikely though this is the club that chose Rover the Dog in a mascot competition. Why even bother?

Just now, JHRover said:

Its got nothing to do with changing habits. As @Mattyblue correctly points out non league minnows like AFC Fylde have built a ground in a field near the motorway yet have a smart Sports Bar open 7 days a week bringing money in for the club. The reality is that like everything else at Rovers it has been left to rot for years then shut down because it doesn't make money. Apply the same principle to the town centre store/cafe, legends lounge. Expect the club shop to be next - only open on matchdays.

The truth is that it follows everything else at Rovers. If it costs money do away with it rather than work out why it isn't working and turn it around. Take the easy money saving option.

Clubs up and down the country have spent the last 20 years desperately trying to redevelop their stadia to obtain the sort of facilities we have to enable them to generate non matchday income and we are going against the flow by shutting things down and not using what we've got.

One of the first things Waggott reckoned he was going to bring to this club as CEO was using Ewood on non matchdays and generating extra revenues. How's that working out now?

He's failed. Another Kenny Senior type. Money for old rope.

on non match days during the week its dead so why open it? 

Most people are working during Monday till Friday. 

Would I go there on Saturday if I wasn't attend Rovers home game or go to away game? highly unlikely

Would I go there on Sunday to watch Premier League super Sunday games? No

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

on non match days during the week its dead so why open it? 

Most people are working during Monday till Friday. 

Would I go there on Saturday if I wasn't attend Rovers home game or go to away game? highly unlikely

Would I go there on Sunday to watch Premier League super Sunday games? No

It’s dead because what they are offering is not value for money.

They should do something about that.

Sadly they won’t. They will just shut it down.

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Our concession pricing sums up the club. They would rather charge top dollar and sell very few. A bit like match tickets.

We have a huge empty stadium. Why not try to maximise footfall by making it the best priced stadium around. Do a deal with Wetherspoons about running the concourse bars and the Blues. We just have no imagination, no innovation and no appetite to do anything about it.

Oh for an Andy Holt or a Dave Hawthornthwaite!

The pricing structure seems aimed at Premier League. No realisation of the lack of that status for 7? years or the local economy. No imagination whatsoever.

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Our concession pricing sums up the club. They would rather charge top dollar and sell very few. A bit like match tickets.

We have a huge empty stadium. Why not try to maximise footfall by making it the best priced stadium around. Do a deal with Wetherspoons about running the concourse bars and the Blues. We just have no imagination, no innovation and no appetite to do anything about it.

Oh for an Andy Holt or a Dave Hawthornthwaite!

Isn't one bad enough?

Just now, Stuart said:

It’s dead because what they are offering is not value for money.

They should do something about that.

Sadly they won’t. They will just shut it down.

Tbh Stuart, The entire town of Blackburn is dead tbh. More of East Lancashire is the same sorry to say Stuart. 

I don't see many people having the funds to go Blues Bar on a regular basics within the local area. 

Ive been to Manchester town centre today to visit the Christmas markets and I will say that compare to 2 years ago it was downsize and more expensive. Quality less

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’m really worried that this bloke will see us return to the dark days.

John Williams leaving was such a disaster. If the numpties in Pune had just left him to it this club would be thriving right now and they would have saved loads of money and opened their Venkys shops. Maybe even had the Riverside names after them. Shit, with the money saved they could have even redeveloped it first! It’s like we are in some nightmare parallel universe. Meanwhile, in the real world Rovers are where Leicester are and Burnley are in L2!

Bastards!!!

Too right, Stu. Millions of pounds pissed away on rotten managers, rotten signings, NDAs and the rest. When all they had to do was let the current setup carry on. All too avoidable.

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive been in Blues bar some times but the place is always dead despite a decent menu but now people habits are changing and with Blackburn not exactly the wealthiest  place in the world. 

Will it real affect me cos I just go the pub down the road

I suppose if you wont be affected, if you dont go, if you go somewhere else, then the club are correct to discount any attempts to be proactive and attempt to increase potential custom and simply continue to downscale the club.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I suppose if you wont be affected, if you dont go, if you go somewhere else, then the club are correct to discount any attempts to be proactive and attempt to increase potential custom and simply continue to downscale the club.

Wrong, that's reactive by the club. They continue to do nothing much proactive.

How many times have you actually been yourself to Blues Bar? 

How many people would go during the day when most people are working?

How many times have you actually been yourself to Blues Bar? 

How many people would go during the day when most people are working?

I never go, its irrelevant to the point I am making, I am able to look past my own wants and needs and am looking at the club and the constant down scaling that Waggott overlooks.

I never go, its irrelevant to the point I am making, I am able to look past my own wants and needs and am looking at the club and the constant down scaling that Waggott overlooks.

Exactly Roversfan99. You dont go so dont lecturing people who use it sometimes like me. 

Rovers fans dont go to the Blues Bar on non match days. Opening it during the week is pointless. People dont go out drinking during the week at night. 

I was in there a couple weeks ago and they was just 5 of us there in at Dinner time. We were the only ones during our time in there which was about hour and half. 

So from cost point of view its isnt cost affective. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Exactly Roversfan99. You dont go so dont lecturing people who use it sometimes like me. 

Rovers fans dont go to the Blues Bar on non match days. Opening it during the week is pointless. People dont go out drinking during the week at night. 

I was in there a couple weeks ago and they was just 5 of us there in at Dinner time. We were the only ones during our time in there which was about hour and half. 

Speak for yourself Chaddy.

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tbh Stuart, The entire town of Blackburn is dead tbh. More of East Lancashire is the same sorry to say Stuart. 

I don't see many people having the funds to go Blues Bar on a regular basics within the local area. 

Why not just close the whole club down then. Blackburn's dead, nobody has any money, can't run a bar/cafe/restaurant during the week, let's just shut the whole lot down and save everyone money.

Just now, JHRover said:

Why not just close the whole club down then. Blackburn's dead, nobody has any money, can't run a bar/cafe/restaurant during the week, let's just shut the whole lot down and save everyone money.

Are you going to visit Blues Bar during the week? Or are you busy at work? 

Perhaps people don't go in because it is overpriced and rubbish?

Plenty of places open in Blackburn. If it was as bad as you make out there would be no shops or restaurants open all week.

I just hope you don't bring up FFP rules as an excuse for the club in the near future. Generating non matchday income is an essential part of avoiding FFP issues and we ain't going to do that by closing everything down.

Are you going to visit Blues Bar during the week? Or are you busy at work? 

See above. Its overpriced and rubbish. Put what people want on at a decent price and I might, though I don't live in the Blackburn conurbation so probably not.

Just now, JHRover said:

Perhaps people don't go in because it is overpriced and rubbish?

Plenty of places open in Blackburn. If it was as bad as you make out there would be no shops or restaurants open all week.

I just hope you don't bring up FFP rules as an excuse for the club in the near future. Generating non matchday income is an essential part of avoiding FFP issues and we ain't going to do that by closing everything down.

In the Ewood area? 

A couple of butty shops and McDs. 

Just now, JHRover said:

See above. Its overpriced and rubbish. Put what people want on at a decent price and I might, though I don't live in the Blackburn conurbation so probably not.

So you are travel during the week for lunch on a regular basics? 

But now you just say you dont live in Blackburn area like myself so why would travel to Blues Bar when we have pubs/restuarants closest to us? Plus them the added cost travelling home and there

In the Ewood area? 

A couple of butty shops and McDs. 

Fernhurst across the road. Brewers Fayre or whatever it is at Lower Darwen. 

150,000 on the doorstep. 

Why did Fylde bother opening their restaurant and bar in a field on the outskirts of Kirkham?

Just now, JHRover said:

Fernhurst across the road. Brewers Fayre or whatever it is at Lower Darwen. 

150,000 on the doorstep. 

Why did Fylde bother opening their restaurant and bar in a field on the outskirts of Kirkham?

Fair enough. 

150,000 people who are busy with other things like Family and working. 

I dont know. But Am I going to travel all the way to Fylde to go a restaurant? Nope im not. 

Fair enough. 

150,000 people who are busy with other things like Family and working. 

I dont know. But Am I going to travel all the way to Fylde to go a restaurant? Nope im not. 

Take the blinkers off Chaddy.

Look at what the Brown family did developing Crow Wood at Burnley out of nothing.

Look at what Fred Walker did developing Stanley House out of nothing.

Entrepreneurs with Imagination.

Edited by MCMC1875