BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City (A) - F*ck it, let's make it five!

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It was a 1-1 draw where we played a fair chunk of the game with a man advantage.

I agree with you, it is all about picking up points consistently. If we won thirty plus games 1-0 and stunk the place out I couldn't really care less but apart from the last four games before last night we haven't done that. There will also be other games where we do play well but don't get what we deserve so you have to take your chances where you can. Last night was another two points dropped due to the way the game panned out in my opinion.

Fair chunk being about 10 mins????

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

I don't share pal but i respect...the only thing we share ia that in the last 20 or 15 minutes we were too tired but we are at thehalf of the season we can sort that or i trust that at least...a top 10 of urae is soemthing to be proud aftwr 2 years back on this tier...a momentum like the one that we have is so difficult to maintain in championship a very understimated tier pal maybe ik forgein but don't understimate me since 2001 i represent Rovers and i have been ther since i knew this team...to support Rovers is to suffer we have been punished and in a very unfair way...right nownis time to build to grow as team and institution again...rigth nownif we wpuld get tje promotion dorectly or by play offs we would colapse we dont have even the infrestucture to support a team on premier do you have to be the new dervy pal i don't... i have seen this team goig evenbto leafuebonenand you know what? Is worthy against the great years i remember on premier when i was in mexico and was learning of british football...we will back we are on the good way a top 10 campaign wpuld be much better than last season and if we keep the project next season we'll do it even better i want to belive that

#COYBBR 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#TheMexicanRover 

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It was a 1-1 draw where we played a fair chunk of the game with a man advantage.

I agree with you, it is all about picking up points consistently. If we won thirty plus games 1-0 and stunk the place out I couldn't really care less but apart from the last four games before last night we haven't done that. There will also be other games where we do play well but don't get what we deserve so you have to take your chances where you can. Last night was another two points dropped due to the way the game panned out in my opinion.

I agree with most of your last couple of posts, I wasn't happy with a draw last night, and thought we played pretty average all through the game.

We were on a run of 5 wins out of 6, and Swansea had lost 4 out of there last 5 at home. 

I don't think you can use the "played a fair chunk of the game with a man advantage" card though as we only had a man more for 10 minutes!

9 hours ago, TBTF said:

I’ve got to say , despite our recent run of great results ( and a point at Swansea is no disaster) but teams who have their eyes on play offs don’t perform like we did tonight . It’s not a one off -away from home particularly - but can’t keep the ball , wrong options , slow tedious build up and actually looking out on our feet . We also still look vulnerable at the back .

we had a good chance tonight to go and win that going a goal up against a fragile team and then again with a one man advantage but ultimately we have simply too many that aren’t up to it .

i might have taken a point before the game but the manner in which we achieved it left me disappointed overall and to me we are middle of the road team that will raise hopes by winning a few and then go on to disappoint just when the chance is there for the taking. 
And in truth I think I and several others made the same comment before the season started .

I've got to say I disagree with this 100%. Using your own logic you could quite easily flip your point and say a point away from home when not playing well is a great result. The team looked tired tonight and dug in well. Walton, Nyambe, lenihan, Evans and gallacher all having good games so there are some positives. I also don't buy into the fact that Swansea were fragile. The evidence last night was that they were well up for the game and determined to put in a performance, which they did. I can understand people having a pop when the team play poorly. But they don't deserve this ridiculous over exaggerated reaction on last nights performance 

• Like 4

Happy to take a point before the game and definitely happy considering we were second best. Bit concerning that we weren't great but having won the last four I can excuse a blip. If we get anything out of the Bristol City game I could possibly allow myself to start dreaming of the play offs but deep down I know there will be a 5-10 game wobble that'll cost us. 

I would have taken a point at 7.45 so I wasn't too disappointed as I pondered the game on the long drive home. The first half had the hallmark of the West Brom game with us scoring early and then seeing little of the ball. The obvious difference was that we didn't concede three. After Dack's first yellow he committed another couple of fouls and I mentioned at half time that Mowbray should consider taking him off. I thought Swansea played some decent stuff without really hurting us.

I would take a similar result on Saturday right now.

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

Evans looking so much better pressing forwards a bit he looks more consistently like the guy in green we've rarely seen at Ewood.  Taken 5 years for a manager to finally realise what half of Ireland and Rovers fans already knew. Progress is progress i suppose though.

Decent first half but over egging the passing, team still looks so much better without right wing strikers but we need a good winger in there to give an outlet and be a bit more direct.

Odd second half but again too much sitting back too early and inviting probs.  Defended quite well though, still need a good keeper but a good point tonight for me.

Lambert had Evans playing like this so he is not the only manager to get a tune out of Evans. So why has it taken nearly three seasons to get Mowbray to play him right?

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

A fair chunk..? 10 mins at best, be reasonable.

The game was fairly even although they probably had the better chances. 

I was firmly in the Mowbray out camp 3 weeks ago but can’t fault the last 7 games. 5 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat in 7 is a good run of form by any standards. A draw last night does not chance that. We played ok and got a point out of a tricky away game. If we fail to get into the play offs by 2 points, last night will not be the game I’d look back on with regret.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Personally I’d put Rothwell into Dack’s role and Holtby in on the left. Putting Bennett on so as to push Downing further forward is a really poor move but seems to be Mowbray’s new pre-planned substitution.

I would put into Rothwell into the 10 role. 

Tho we play 2 up front with Graham and Armstrong 

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Can anyone fathom the pushing Downing forward and bringing Bennett on at left back again?

Bennetts energy would’ve been useful in midfield and we already know he’s rubbish at left back. Downing looked knackered by the end and I doubt he will start on Saturday now.

Nope I can now. Bennett should have played wide in front of Downing  

29 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I would have taken a point at 7.45 so I wasn't too disappointed as I pondered the game on the long drive home. The first half had the hallmark of the West Brom game with us scoring early and then seeing little of the ball. The obvious difference was that we didn't concede three. After Dack's first yellow he committed another couple of fouls and I mentioned at half time that Mowbray should consider taking him off. I thought Swansea played some decent stuff without really hurting us.

I would take a similar result on Saturday right now.

Yes he should have taken Dack off. 

Dack was coming far too deep for the ball. 

Great effort for attending the game. 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

That was not, by any stretch Of the imagination, a very good match. Two poor teams, Rovers second best and could barely string two passes together.

Once again, our lack of squad depth was laid bare. The players looked knackered and we will have to rest one or two.

Assuming Dack’s one match ban is immediate we won’t be able to field an unchanged XI again but a couple of changes are required.

Personally I’d put Rothwell into Dack’s role and Holtby in on the left. Putting Bennett on so as to push Downing further forward is a really poor move but seems to be Mowbray’s new pre-planned substitution.

It’s looking like we are about to have a wobble. Let’s hope we can stay in the pack and some other teams can do us a favour.

What exactly is #Top10Season anything to #rejoice though? Play-offs are the target. Despite this recent purple patch, if we miss out then it will be down to the poor runs that we seem to get sucked into.

Rovers ability to pass accurately has been an issue all season. Before people start giving me stats that would suggest we are OK, it is not just about finding a man. The number of times on Saturday we found a man but the ball was played behind the player was quite worrying. It breaks up attacking play.

I agree that players look jaded is also worrying but its a point several of us on here have made over Rovers general fitness previous.

Dack's suspension gives Mowbray the opportunity of playing Holtby in his natural position but I suspect he'll drop Evans and play Travis and Holtby as his defensive midfeild pairing. 

Rothwell will be dropped which will see Bell return and Downing move to left midfeild. I suspect Bennett will also return so Nyambe will return to the bench.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We played 10 mins with one more man.... 

I do as way understand your point but just here, respectfully disagree :)

8 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Dack gets sent off yet it is Mowbray's fault, people need to have a think. Dack should know better and the responsibility lies with him- personally I don't even think it is a foul.

Secondly, good result, 4 wins and 1 draw, everyone would have ripped your hand off at this. 

Onwards and upwards towards a difficult game against City at the weekend. 

The minute the home team gets a player sent off a little bell should go off in your head and a message saying " I better watch my step here because this ref will be looking for a chance to even things up ". should flash into your brain. Especia;;y if you're already in the book. You don't have to be a professional player to know that.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

On the back of such a good run and taking the lead through another good goal the following 85 minutes were very disappointing. We went back to playing how we did earlier in the season just passing the ball around with no real intensity and too often giving the ball away especially Tosin who struggled to find a Rovers shirt all night. A soft goal to concede a real pet hate of mine is sides not having players on the post I just don't understand it if we have a player on the post he easily clears it.

Didn't think that they could have any complaints with their red card although I don't think we could have had any complaints if they had been given 2 at least 1 penalty. As for the Dack red card it's not even a foul let alone a booking but you could see that he couldn't wait to even it up. 

I thought that the decision to take Rothwell off and bring Bennett on was an odd one as Downing was knackered and didn't have the legs to play on the wing and Bennett was awful at left back.

• Like 1

I've read that Holtby had his best performances for Spurs playing in a deeper midfield role. I don't think you can partner him with Travis because the pair of them tend to roam and get pulled out of position. I would rest Travis for the next game, and see if Holtby works with Evans. 

33 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Rovers ability to pass accurately has been an issue all season. Before people start giving me stats that would suggest we are OK, it is not just about finding a man. The number of times on Saturday we found a man but the ball was played behind the player was quite worrying. It breaks up attacking play.

I agree that players look jaded is also worrying but its a point several of us on here have made over Rovers general fitness previous.

Dack's suspension gives Mowbray the opportunity of playing Holtby in his natural position but I suspect he'll drop Evans and play Travis and Holtby as his defensive midfeild pairing. 

Rothwell will be dropped which will see Bell return and Downing move to left midfeild. I suspect Bennett will also return so Nyambe will return to the bench.

Why would he want to drop Evans ?

8 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Dack gets sent off yet it is Mowbray's fault, people need to have a think. Dack should know better and the responsibility lies with him- personally I don't even think it is a foul. 

You could see that Dack was walking the tightrope, and Mowbray's been around long enough to know referees only need an excuse to even it up. I suppose the way Mowbray saw it, we were playing with ten men either way.   

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I must be in a minority of one but I thought Evans was terrible last night, back to his usual self, completely anonymous which left Travis having to try and do the work of 3 men to try and make an impression in midfield.

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Lambert had Evans playing like this so he is not the only manager to get a tune out of Evans. So why has it taken nearly three seasons to get Mowbray to play him right?

Think we've seen enough of TM by now to know he prefers defensive deep mids and would play with two most games if he could.

I'm convinced he's had a prod from somewhere with this new bravery although it works when possession football turns into pressing football as they all work themselves forwards more. AS long as we don't revert back to starting a striker on the right every week again i think it'll continue to suit Evans more.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I must be in a minority of one but I thought Evans was terrible last night, back to his usual self, completely anonymous which left Travis having to try and do the work of 3 men to try and make an impression in midfield.

Like I said I didn't see the game but it sounds like most of the team had a night to forget. Reading other peoples views on here Travis wasn't any better.

I'm probably doing Mowbray an injustice but when players are doing well he swaps and changes them when a result goes against. I didn't watch last night but listening to Radio Lancs last night, every time Travis' name was mentioned it was usually followed by a Swansea player as he had given the ball away. Evans was subbed even though Travis sounded knackered. 

From previous games, its looks like Holtby cant play as the middle two but his best performances have been further forward.

To me, and I'll be called for this, Travis has been poor for the last two games and stays in the team whilst when he has played well he gets dropped. Sometimes I dont get what Mowbray sees, So I suspect the player who is playing well IMO, Evans, will be dropped whilst the player requiring a rest will be persisted with and a player will be added out of position.

Like I said I didn't see the game but it sounds like most of the team had a night to forget. Reading other peoples views on here Travis wasn't any better.

Evans is a barometer. He looks well when his partner plays well but he looks poor when his partner is poor. He is an ideal midefield partner but is not the leader who'll drive the team by himself.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Think we've seen enough of TM by now to know he prefers defensive deep mids and would play with two most games if he could.

I'm convinced he's had a prod from somewhere with this new bravery although it works when possession football turns into pressing football as they all work themselves forwards more. AS long as we don't revert back to starting a striker on the right every week again i think it'll continue to suit Evans more.

Don't think the prod is correct. Suspect he picked a team because his preferred team selection because the crowd were turning and it won well so couldn't change. I think that he'll be tempted to revert to plan A on Saturday to put him back in his comfort zone.

1 minute ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Don't think the prod is correct. Suspect he picked a team because his preferred team selection because the crowd were turning and it won well so couldn't change. I think that he'll be tempted to revert to plan A on Saturday to put him back in his comfort zone.

Teams will cotton on so will start packing the middle that's why imo we now need a good winger to open it up a bit down the side.

But yeah i fear a revert at some point.  

• Like 1