BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

"Mandela Effect"

• Backroom
58 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I always thought Liam Feeney left before we started our League One campaign. Weird but he actually didn't....

Yeah he technically left at the end of August, although he only appeared once for us in L1. Fair to say he hasn't been missed.

On 10/12/2019 at 14:29, Amo said:

I always thought Nicky Summerbee played for us. I had a vague memory of him playing a few games in our promotion season with Souey.

Turns out he never donned the famous blue n' white halves.

Anyone else have any false memories of Rovers history?

How strange that you've brought this up this week. I was saying to my mate on the way to the match that I have a Mandela Effect memory of seeing Abel Xavier playing for us. He has is too and wouldn't believe me that he never played for us.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pedro said:

How strange that you've brought this up this week. I was saying to my mate on the way to the match that I have a Mandela Effect memory of seeing Abel Xavier playing for us. He has is too and wouldn't believe me that he never played for us.

Diouffy?

• Like 1

I remember watching John Carew as a gangly 17 year old, score a hattrick and then get subbed for having cramp.  Thought he was amazing and remember Caretaker Tony Parkes saying he was too much of a risk for the money they were asking.   Please tell me I dreamt this and we didnt pass up this golden opportunity,

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I always thought Roberto and Dino Baggio were brothers... until the latter trapped up at Ewood.

So did I. And whilst we're on the subject of brothers, I wonder how many brothers have played for the Rovers. I can think of only two in my lifetime; Ken and Ronnie Clayton and Martin and Marcus Olsson. 

In recent years I have confidently stated the following as facts on this message board.

1. Following Friedel scoring from a corner, Charlton broke up to our end direct from the kick off before Paolo DiCanio curled an absolute peach into the top corner before celebrating in front of our fans (I was in the stand behind the goal). It was a good goal, but Claus Jensen scored it - I'm not even sure DiCanio played for charlton at the time...

2. Chris Samba made his debut vs. Blythe Spartans in the cup. (It was Carlos Villanueva, though as many on the board took pains to point out it is understandable that I might confuse the two!)

The keen eyed amongst you might notice that I have edited this post. That's because I also managed to convince myself momentarily that it was Mauro Formica, not C.V. To be fair he is also a dead ringer for big Chris.

Edited by AspRover
  • Like 5

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, bazza said:

So did I. And whilst we're on the subject of brothers, I wonder how many brothers have played for the Rovers. I can think of only two in my lifetime; Ken and Ronnie Clayton and Martin and Marcus Olsson. 

Roque and Julio Santa Cruz (did he ever play?)

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I always thought Roberto and Dino Baggio were brothers... until the latter trapped up at Ewood.

I thought that until I read this post!

Im not sure if I made mine up or not but I remember David Speedie once coming out of the tunnel wearing a skirt 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, AspRover said:

2. Chris Samba made his debut vs. Blythe Spartans in the cup. (It was Carlos Villanueva, though as many on the board took pains to point out it is understandable that I might confuse the two!)

I think another thing confusing you is, Although Villanueva did play and score in this game, he made his debut 5 months earlier in a league cup game against Grimsby (I think) and also scored in that game too.

8 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think another thing confusing you is, Although Villanueva did play and score in this game, he made his debut 5 months earlier in a league cup game against Grimsby (I think) and also scored in that game too.

Did anyone make their debut in that game? This is past the Mandela effect, I may simply be losing my marbles!

• Like 1

On 16/12/2019 at 21:17, Grez said:

I remember watching John Carew as a gangly 17 year old, score a hattrick and then get subbed for having cramp.  Thought he was amazing and remember Caretaker Tony Parkes saying he was too much of a risk for the money they were asking.   Please tell me I dreamt this and we didnt pass up this golden opportunity,

As far as i can remember, Carew did have a trial/training stay at Rovers when he was young.

• Like 3