BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Athletic (H) - Monday Night Football (urgh..)

16 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Ok ..the rest just simply ridiculed Mowbray as not having a clue.

Well, I was wrong, it was actually a whole 2 people - As Mr Wilkinson has hilariously pointed out on twitter. Twerp honestly went to the trouble of scrawling posts to count - all for a single like. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

My fear is the pressure of expectation might get to us. Hopefully the leaders in the team set the tone for the younger lads.

I have a feeling young Bradley Dack will be well up for this one with it being on TV.... 

Good post. I’d defo play DG too

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Good post. I’d defo play DG too

Walton

Nyambe   Lenihan Tosin  Downing

Evans Travis

Holtby         Dack         Bennett

Graham 

I think Bennett would be well up for this too, so I would give him the nod. 

I have such a feeling there will be a red in this game 

• Like 3

On 18/12/2019 at 12:11, Parsonblue said:

He rested players who were injured or carrying knocks.  That's fair enough.  Maybe you feel you should have been reimbursed on the day for travelling down to London and not seeing a win, but those I went with and everyone around me at the Valley had a great day out. 

The main objective was to get promoted and we did. 

We dropped points over the course of the season that's life.  We had a great time travelling around the grounds in League One - just for a season - and I think you'll find the travelling support really enjoyed those trips, including the Charlton one.  

Undoubtedly my favourite season in a long time as a Rovers fan. Not just because we were winning, which of course helps, but because we saw some proper footballing grounds and places I'll probably (hopefully) see again unless they come up.

Our travelling support was excellent that season. The Championship feels rather numb in comparison - too many stadiums on retail parks, not enough character. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Walton

Nyambe   Lenihan Tosin  Downing

Evans Travis

Holtby         Dack         Bennett

Graham 

I think Bennett would be well up for this too, so I would give him the nod. 

I have such a feeling there will be a red in this game 

Is it not very harsh on Armstrong after 2 goals and 2 assists in 6 games to drop him? Especially at home for the much more conservative Bennett who did OK at Bristol City but doesnt offer much of an attacking threat. Its also quite a slow team.

Johnson would be a harsh dropping too, but then I suppose so would either of the other 2. Thats an area whereby someone has to be dropped because of a selection headache of a positive kind.

Graham and Dack have to play, as does Downing, definitely agree there.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it not very harsh on Armstrong after 2 goals and 2 assists in 6 games to drop him? Especially at home for the much more conservative Bennett who did OK at Bristol City but doesnt offer much of an attacking threat. Its also quite a slow team.

Johnson would be a harsh dropping too, but then I suppose so would either of the other 2. Thats an area whereby someone has to be dropped because of a selection headache of a positive kind.

Graham and Dack have to play, as does Downing, definitely agree there.

I'd play Dack but Graham would be on the bench we should be able to beat Wigan without him, Birmingham and HTFC are tougher games I'd want him fresh for boxing day to expect him to play 3 games in 6 days is to much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I'd play Dack but Graham would be on the bench we should be able to beat Wigan without him, Birmingham and HTFC are tougher games I'd want him fresh for boxing day to expect him to play 3 games in 6 days is to much.

He's more likely to play two of those games if he plays the two either side of it though. The first and last. The middle and last would be the bigger ask. Agree that Gally should be enough threat to Wigan though.

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He's more likely to play two of those games if he plays the two either side of it though. The first and last. The middle and last would be the bigger ask. Agree that Gally should be enough threat to Wigan though.

Dack plays best with Graham. Gally needs to form a partnership with Brereton. Play one pairing or the other.

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

So you replace him when he is actually struggling , not because he may struggle in a future game.

Don't necessarily agree. With games a week apart, absolutely.

3 games in 6 days is clearly too much for him. He isn't going to perform at peak levels in that run if he plays every match. So as I said before, I'd play him in the first and last games of the run.

Gally will have something to prove against Birmingham anyway.