BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Athletic (H) - Monday Night Football (urgh..)

Happy enough this game is on Monday night. If results go our way this weekend we could be in a position knowing that 3 points will put us into the top 6.

Im expecting to see this team. 

Walton

Nyambe 

Downing 

Tosin 

Lenihan 

Evans

Travis 

Bennett 

Dack

Armstrong 

Graham. 

I'd probably have holtby in for Bennett but have no real objections if Bennett plays wide right. 

Let's go rovers. 3 points and let us all enjoy Xmas day in the top 6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabino said:

No, the original debate on this thread is the Wigan game.

And, if everytime Gallagher gets a game as striker, then Dack gets dropped, is just a bit silly.

You will find that the only thing I said was that Dack plays at his best with Graham and not with our other strikers. If Graham is not selected, but Gallagher is, then Brereton would be a better partner  for him, than Dack. Pick the best partnership that is available.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

You will find that the only thing I said was that Dack plays at his best with Graham and not with our other strikers. If Graham is not selected, but Gallagher is, then Brereton would be a better partner  for him, than Dack. Pick the best partnership that is available.

Surely if Dack is fit he should start. He's our best player and our talisman. Regardless of who the striker is Dack starts. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, rigger said:

But the original debate was about the forward pairings. In my opinion there are two choices of pairings. Either Dack with Graham, or Gallagher with Brereton. Choose one or the other, do not mix and match.

So I can’t have Gallagher and Armstrong??

5 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Absolutely we owe them revenge. That said not to confident on this one as we know whenever a team on a poor run comes to Ewood we normally help them out! When I booked tickets last night JW seemed 2/3 full so I imagine we will have a good crowd for this one so hopefully we don’t disappoint! 

We really at this stage of the season could do with a few of the winners 95 and the last promotion players like Flitcroft to come and have a chat to the players. A bit like what Ole has been doing down at carrington.

My team personally would be

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Downing

Bennett Travis Evans Johnson

Dack

Graham

That is one slow side.

• Like 2

Dack simply has to start. Why anybody would consider leaving out our best player and top scorer is incomprehensible.

We have to win in any way possible as I think Wigan will try and kill the game at every opportunity. The game will need a strong referee and when I looked to see who it was I saw one who I consider to be one of the weakest. It will be at least the third time this season we have had Gavin Ward and on each previous occasion he was weak.

Dack will 100% start and I'm almost certain he's gonna score too, he'll be chomping at the bit after sitting out last week.

A whole heap of expectation, an inflated crowd hopefully with the prices and many folk probably already off work and school. This is THE biggest test to date this season to see if we've turned a corner and can handle the pressure of being favourites and rolling a team over that we really should do on paper.

I'm looking forward to it but still in the back of my mind there's that horrible feeling it's a 'typical rovers' type game that anyone who's supported us for many years no doubt has! Let's banish those thoughts for good and put Wigan well and truly to the sword.

COYB 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Surely if Dack is fit he should start. He's our best player and our talisman. Regardless of who the striker is Dack starts. 

But Dack is usually not our best player when he doesn’t have Graham as a partner. With players running the channels, he tends to get by-passed, so he drops deeper to get the ball.

• Like 1

Thinking on it my only worry about this one is its another game where Rovers are heavy favourites and we really don't do well in those situations. Our good run has come against teams who feel they could take something from the game rather than fearing Rovers. This game is a bit different - Wigan are on a horrendous run, we are in super form - I can see them sitting back and trying to hold out for the point. We really struggle with this. 

Hopefully our good form blows them away. on form and on quality of players we blow them away but still have that slight nagging feeling that this isn't our favourite type of game. 

• Like 2

Jack walker seems 80 percent full only the upper three four rows available. Stand holds roughly 12500 easily 9/10000sold

Blackburn end almost fill bar first few rows and the wing towards the riverside. Stand is about 7500 I’d say 6000 here sold

riverside stand largely populated in the middle but wings largely empty. Stand holds 2500 so I’d guess we’ve sold a 1000 here.

Wigan sold 1500 so far, still two days of sales and walk ons too.

crowd likely to be over 20000 for a tv Monday game. Great effort 

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Jack walker seems 80 percent full only the upper three four rows available. Stand holds roughly 12500 easily 9/10000sold

Blackburn end almost fill bar first few rows and the wing towards the riverside. Stand is about 7500 I’d say 6000 here sold

riverside stand largely populated in the middle but wings largely empty. Stand holds 2500 so I’d guess we’ve sold a 1000 here.

Wigan sold 1500 so far, still two days of sales and walk ons too.

crowd likely to be over 20000 for a tv Monday game. Great effort 

Every capacity is incorrect there.

The Jack Walker holds around 11,000.

Only the Blackburn End lower is in use which has a 5,000 capacity.

Riverside holds around 4,000.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Every capacity is incorrect there.

The Jack Walker holds around 11,000.

Only the Blackburn End lower is in use which has a 5,000 capacity.

Riverside holds around 4,000.

You probably know better than me to be fair! As I say rough guesses but both Darwin and Blackburn ends seem 7500/8000 ish? So probably just the Jw thinking that’s bigger! 

Still a good effort. The upper tiers are not greyed out on the ticket site so I’m assuming 

Just now, Ossydave said:

There was a stream of people getting tickets for both Wigan and Huddersfield when I was picking my Huddersfield tickets up this afternoon. 

They're now rock bottom too, let's inflict further damage

I’m taking my two brothers as it’s always been an Xmas tradition to watch the rovers. Last few years they’ve kept away but they’re looking forward to this. One is finishing work and coming from Glasgow the other from York to this game! 

If we can cut son e-ticket prices or do some deals the next month through January and cheer the lads on and keep in touch with the top six we’ve a chance and you never know venkys might turn back hot and go for it.

in reality so much riding on Monday’s game for all of us. I’m excited I’m nervous but can’t wait!