BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

2 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

The 1970s are irrelevant Parson. 

I look at clubs like Swansea, Brighton, Watford, Burnley and Bournemouth for heavens sake, and I see well run clubs that are no bigger or better than us.

Mowbray would not be tolerated at any of them. This fatalistic "he's as good as we're going to get in our current situation" is killing us. 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Neil Warnock. 

Look him up.

If your memory extends to remembering how to use google

IF we could somehow get him to come to Ewood it would be for a few months. He's said at the start of this season its categorically his last season as a manager for various personal reasons. Perhaps Google the interview.

16 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

I've only just got home and not read anything on this forum yet.

But I just want to say to the sizeable number of Preston "fans" who were booing & jeering Evans as he was being carried off on a stretcher after being treated for nearly 10 mins flat on his back, that you are morons & an embarrassment to yourselves, your families, your club and your town, and you are not welcome at any other football match ever again.

i only heard clapping my friend

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

My memory must be failing but please could you name these managers and explain what they have achieved.

He named about 11 of them in one post recently in the TM thread. 

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34120-tony-mowbray-discussion/&page=162

And explained a fair bit on each one's credentials.

He's probably getting bored of repeating it for the hard of hearing.

• Like 2

Il throw a left field name out although I’m sure I have mentioned it before.

paul warne. Always been impressed by him, talks well in interviews, shows passion for his team, gets his teams up for big games- play off finals, used to working with limited budgets, can find gems. team play to their strengths and a decent brand of football.

reckon he could be our sean dyche. Be nice if our owners went and pinched a manager instead of sacking and waiting for the out of work cvs to come in , would show a bit of research and forward thinking . Easy way to appease fans in my book

16 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

In fairness, I think we are still some way off the fans turning on the manager in any sizeable numbers.  The away support seems firmly behind the manager and team during games despite the fact that there are doubts about certain players and the positions in which they play.  Likewise at Ewood, I've not really encountered people who are desperate for a change despite reservations about the present situation.  Mowbray is still well-liked by a large number of supporters despite what may be written on here.  

When fans wanted rid of Iley or Saxton, for example, there was no mistaking the hostility at the ground.  I think we are a long way off that sort of situation and I suspect you are right in that it will take something of that magnitude to change things.  However, as I said, I don't believe there is that sort of desire for change at the moment.

The difference being now that many fan's simply stay away. And the atmosphere around the ground on match day isn't really pro or anti Mowbray it is just apathetic. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You just know before we start that theres absolutely no chance of us turning up, dominating a game a from start to finish and giving a team a right good battering, playing well, looking good.  Its shit boring plodding on the whole.  Mowbray out

As a Preston North End season ticket i thought the game was dull in large parts, the conditions may have been a good reason to do with that as it wasn't that long ago that these two played out a very entertaining game at Deepdale.

I thought the Blackburn lads played there hearts out and scrapped for everything and should more than likely have won.

Preston have been off form for a couple of months now and we have been hard to watch since Daniel Johnson got injured, i would suggest perhaps that both clubs suffer when our  more creative players get injured as nowadays there are not a lot around.  I think your right wanting more for your 12 million spend but at least your lot spent it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The difference being now that many fan's simply stay away. And the atmosphere around the ground on match day isn't really pro or anti Mowbray it is just apathetic. 

1600 less yesterday than 12 months ago.

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

is he really that bad?

I know he sounds dour on the radio but i think you have to remember there ain't a lot in this league and a lot of teams do cancel each other out... My boys certainly didn't go at you and it was clear Alex came for a draw therefore making it harder for your team to find space.

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, white boy said:

I think your right wanting more for your 12 million spend but at least your lot spent it!

And now the manager is saying we can't buy anyone due to financial restrictions. We could literally not have spent a penny on either Gallagher or Brereton and we'd be no worse off. There's no positive spin to it.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

My memory must be failing but please could you name these managers and explain what they have achieved.

Neil Warnock - serial promotion winner. Has said he will work again, at least until the summer. If he does well he might 'get the bug' again and stick around for a promotion push next season. He's retired before and come back.

Chris Hughton - unemployed- will need a job soon or won't manage again. Won't be getting a Premier League job.

Gary Rowett- working wonders at Millwall- builds from the back and thrives on limited budgets- probably missed the boat with him but worth a try

Carlos Carvahal - working in Portugal but would likely want a return to England. Twice finished in the play-offs in two full seasons at Wednesday. Knows foreign markets.

Jaap Stam - unemployed, good record at Reading, experience of foreign markets

Mick McCarthy- will be unemployed in the summer - got Ipswich in the play-offs with no money - would love to see how he got on with Mowbray's budget

Those are just 'obvious' options who have been working at this level successfully recently.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

In the circumstances I stick with Mowbray as at least he is keeping us out of trouble.

The aim is a return to the Premierleauge before the club reaches a point of no financial return.Keeping us out of trouble should be the very least of our ambition.

We need a MANAGER who is positive and gets the very best out of this side...it is clearly not TM.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

And now the manager is saying we can't buy anyone due to financial restrictions. We could literally not have spent a penny on either Gallagher or Brereton and we'd be no worse off. There's no positive spin to it.

Its a lot of money to spend, do you think the manager bought these players or was it the club?

At Preston you never always seem sure, one thing is for sure we never seem to get our first target in each position although we have had a couple of decent third choices...

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hughton ain't coming here. No chance. 

Warnock now retired 

Rowett. Good manager. But would he work for Venkys? 

More chance than us getting promoted under TM. 

Btw the point was there has been, is, and always will be better options than TM at any point in time. 

PS you can't say there's no one better than when one is suggested change the argument to will he work for us. 

37 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You just know before we start that theres absolutely no chance of us turning up, dominating a game a from start to finish and giving a team a right good battering, playing well, looking good.  Its shit boring plodding on the whole.  Mowbray out

Very rarely happy in football nowadays. 

And not going to happen in a derby game

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

He hasnt said this. Just cant go and millions again. 

Budget is in place and we have stick to that. 

Agree the 12 million should have used much better

54 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

No, because I and a few others mentioned some last week to you. Anyone interested in a balanced discussion or harbouring informed opinions, is totally aware of the countless managers who have been available and surpassed the results of our own.  Sadly, it seems you are just a wind-up merchant or even worse, an attention seeker - which either way is a massive shame for yourself and the site.

14 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I'll re-summarise that comment...what a bloody waste of a season!

The season was over before it began with us weakening an already poor defence in the summer window. No experienced CB, no goal scorer, no experienced GK.

Like you say, a total waste because playoffs were there for the taking, standard is shocking this season.

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, white boy said:

Its a lot of money to spend, do you think the manager bought these players or was it the club?

At Preston you never always seem sure, one thing is for sure we never seem to get our first target in each position although we have had a couple of decent third choices...

The manager has always been very clear in stating that signings are his decision - particularly with Brereton - so I think in the absence of any other credible evidence we have to take that at face value. The only other take on his comments is that he's a liar and covering up for the continued shady goings on at the club, and that doesn't paint him in a great light either. I'd rather believe he was being truthful and had just fucked up as it would really be shit if he turned out to be another Venky puppet. 

• Moderation Lead
52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hughton ain't coming here. No chance. 

Warnock now retired 

Rowett. Good manager. But would he work for Venkys? 

How do you know? Have you spoken to him?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very rarely happy in football nowadays. 

And not going to happen in a derby game

It never happens chaddy, stop defending the indefensible.   We should have bossed wigan at home, dominated and gone into the play offs, that's what a promotion chasing team does. I'd say we are not chasing promotion, players or manager......happy to take our money and plod on taking their over inflated salaries.   

As long as your happy with that pal 

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Chris Hughton - unemployed- will need a job soon or won't manage again. Won't be getting a Premier League job.

Gary Rowett- working wonders at Millwall- builds from the back and thrives on limited budgets- probably missed the boat with him but worth a try

Carlos Carvahal - working in Portugal but would likely want a return to England. Twice finished in the play-offs in two full seasons at Wednesday. Knows foreign markets.

Jaap Stam - unemployed, good record at Reading, experience of foreign markets

Mick McCarthy- will be unemployed in the summer - got Ipswich in the play-offs with no money - would love to see how he got on with Mowbray's budget

Those are just 'obvious' options who have been working at this level successfully recently.

I agree on Hughton wont be getting Premier League job

9 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

More chance than us getting promoted under TM. 

Btw the point was there has been, is, and always will be better options than TM at any point in time. 

PS you can't say there's no one better than when one is suggested change the argument to will he work for us. 

Realistically he aint coming here 

Always better options on paper but can they deliver when they get here.  

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

How do you know? 
Have you spoken to him?

why would he come after turning more lucrative offers for Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke(twice) managers jobs during this season?

We don't pay massive wages for managers or players any more