BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston (home)

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

It appears to be the people who don't attend who want to stick with the manager. 

Not at all. Plenty.of ST holders still want him here. 

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Good spot. The chants of “Mowbray Out” ringing out of the stands yesterday confirms your point.

What Mowbray out Chants? Didn't hear any yesterday I was there 

38 minutes ago, white boy said:

Calling you guys plastics is referring to the Blackburn fans in Preston that "bought in" when you were winning the top league,... something that happens to all teams when they do such likes...

So I take it that’s what they call Liverpool and Man Utd too? As there are far more of those ‘plastics’ in Preston then Rovers fans.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not at all. Plenty.of ST holders still want him here. 

What Mowbray out Chants? Didn't hear any yesterday

You can't know this, Chaddy so stop stating it as fact..you and your pals might but that's not plenty.

Agree,  all I heard was the bburn end asking Mowbray why SG was on the wing.  This is the early sign of dissent.

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not at all. Plenty.of ST holders still want him here

As I said above, I meant on here. 

You have got frustrated by what you have seen at Ewood this season as much as most this season. When you spend time and money to go down, and see players out of position and players benched that should be starting, all to justify a failed transfer policy, it's annoying.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

We've now seen Wigan, Preston and to a lesser extent Birmingham, come to Ewood with no intention of winning but doing their conniving best to slow the game down, disrupt the flow and in general employ anti-football tactics. The antics of Ben Pearson yesterday were a disgrace and the referee, if he'd have possessed an inch of fibre, would have booked him before half time and curbed his 'shithousery' (to quote PNE fans on their own forum). We saw similar performances down in League 1 (Plymouth at Ewood springs to mind) where we struggled to get round such tactics. I think I've reached the conclusion that we are unlikely to see a referee who deals with the Pearsons of the world properly and that as such, Mowbray needs to find a way of setting up against such sides. We were hamstrung by two injuries yesterday that prevented us bringing on Rothwell or Chapman, but if anything we regressed in the second half when really we should have been getting at a poor Preston team. Do I have faith that Mowbray can learn from yesterday's battle and find a way to overcome the anti-footballers? My faith is waning by the day. 

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Fateful day?

The football under Allardyce was unwatchable.

thats the most stupid comment iv`e ever read on here,mid table in the premier league,extremely difficult to play against,a rock like back four and scourge of the big five,wenger hated us with a seething rage

I think you are confusing Allardyce's Rovers with Hughes'. If I recall it was his team that Wenger stuck on us the infamous Bully Boys tag.  I was so proud.

Didn't Allardyce often use games against big clubs as throwaways.  Not sure what our actual record was against these teams but I do know, as many others do that Big Sam had preferred games.

Remember before Sam was actually hired when Hughes left?  Sam's name was being mentioned as a replacement for Hughes and there was a campaign to NOT hire him.  Based on that JW made the Ill fated decision to give Ince the gig.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It was a terrible decision, and many on here said so.

It was the first of many and we are are still reaping the consequences.

Which was a terrible decision, the firing or the hiring.  Plenty on here wanted him gone and I think only Nicko thought Kean was an unearthed Gem.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I thought Tosin was extremely sloppy and casual yesterday and has looked like his heart isn't really in it since he was left out over Christmas. I suspect he had his eye on a move elsewhere but couldnt negotiate a release and it fell through.

Either way, even if we can get him to get his head down again for the rest of the season, it's only an elastoplast of a solution we're back to square one in summer.

Or perhaps as young ones sometimes do he let some of what was being said go to his head.

3 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Which was a terrible decision, the firing or the hiring.  Plenty on here wanted him gone and I think only Nicko thought Kean was an unearthed Gem.

My youngest son texted me that Big Sam had been fired. The first thing I did after I put my phone down was look at the League table and see how many points we needed to get to 40 pts. I knew immediately we were in deep shit.

27 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You can't know this, Chaddy so stop stating it as fact..you and your pals might but that's not plenty.

Agree,  all I heard was the bburn end asking Mowbray why SG was on the wing.  This is the early sign of dissent.

And a damned good question.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I think you are confusing Allardyce's Rovers with Hughes'. If I recall it was his team that Wenger stuck on us the infamous Bully Boys tag.  I was so proud.

Didn't Allardyce often use games against big clubs as throwaways.  Not sure what our actual record was against these teams but I do know, as many others do that Big Sam had preferred games.

Remember before Sam was actually hired when Hughes left?  Sam's name was being mentioned as a replacement for Hughes and there was a campaign to NOT hire him.  Based on that JW made the Ill fated decision to give Ince the gig.

Allardyce's results against Manchester U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal:

21 Feb 2009: Man Utd - Rovers 2-1

14 Mar 2009: Arsenal - Rovers 4-0

11 Apr 2009: Liverpool - Rovers 4-0 

16 May 2009: Chelsea - Rovers 2-0

28 Aug 2010: Rovers - Arsenal 1-2

24 Oct 2010: Liverpool - Rovers 2-1

30 Oct 2010: Rovers - Chelsea 1-2

27 Nov 2010: Man Utd - Rovers 7-1

0 points out of 24 possible. It is what it is, it wasn't easy taking points from those teams, but I think this supports that he targeted "winnable" matches and let other ones go. 

• Like 2

I think you are confusing Allardyce's Rovers with Hughes'. If I recall it was his team that Wenger stuck on us the infamous Bully Boys tag.  I was so proud

im`e probably basing that opinion on the game against arsenal when sam put samba up front and he terrorised the arsenal defence from set pieces,i think we won the game and upset arsenals season,it certainly upset wenger,who was scathing about us!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, white boy said:

Calling you guys plastics is referring to the Blackburn fans in Preston that "bought in" when you were winning the top league,... something that happens to all teams when they do such likes...

I worked in both Chorley and Preston in the mid to late 80s. There were plenty of Rovers fans over that way (Chorley/Leyland/Bamber Bridge/Preston) well before we returned to the top flight. It’s always been like that and just the way it is. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

You have missed out the entire 09-10 season in that post!

We lost all four away games, but the results at Ewood that season were as follows...

Liverpool home - 0-0

Chelsea home - 1-1

Man Utd home - 0-0 

Arsenal home - 2-1

Give the guy some credit, he had us really difficult to beat at Ewood.

I certainly did, good catch!

31 minutes ago, Commondore said:

Allardyce's results against Manchester U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal:

21 Feb 2009: Man Utd - Rovers 2-1

14 Mar 2009: Arsenal - Rovers 4-0

11 Apr 2009: Liverpool - Rovers 4-0 

16 May 2009: Chelsea - Rovers 2-0

28 Aug 2010: Rovers - Arsenal 1-2

24 Oct 2010: Liverpool - Rovers 2-1

30 Oct 2010: Rovers - Chelsea 1-2

27 Nov 2010: Man Utd - Rovers 7-1

0 points out of 24 possible. It is what it is, it wasn't easy taking points from those teams, but I think this supports that he targeted "winnable" matches and let other ones go. 

Pointless and misleading as you have left out the games he got points in!!

Plus City and Spurs finished above Liverpool in all 3 of Alardyce's seasons.

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Well we had a poll on here, I have also taken part in Mowbray poll on twitter and facebook. 

A ten second chant from around 150 fans. 

I didn't hear any Mowbray out chants during the game which I didnt

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

As I said above, I meant on here. 

You have got frustrated by what you have seen at Ewood this season as much as most this season. When you spend time and money to go down, and see players out of position and players benched that should be starting, all to justify a failed transfer policy, it's annoying.

I do get frustrated during games but that's part and parcel of football. I don't like Gallagher out wide but throughout my time as a Rovers fan I don't always agree with the manager's decision or team selection whether it was Souness or Hughes or Allardyce or Bowyer or Appleton. 

on our transfer policy, Yes I was disappointed we didn't get Jansson in the summer when he was available. They has been over the 18 months Players signed for other teams that I wish we sign here. Players like Matt Smith, Luke Freeman, Jansson, Byram, Douglas, Ezri Konsa, Jake Cooper, Jordan Jones, etc. We have suggested players we would have to sign here if we were in charge

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I think you are confusing Allardyce's Rovers with Hughes'. If I recall it was his team that Wenger stuck on us the infamous Bully Boys tag.  I was so proud

im`e probably basing that opinion on the game against arsenal when sam put samba up front and he terrorised the arsenal defence from set pieces,i think we won the game and upset arsenals season,it certainly upset wenger,who was scathing about us!!!!!!!

Did the same at Ewood v Spurs. Daylight robbery that game, 2-1 to us with 2 late goals in a match they totally dominated.

Loved it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we had a poll on here, I have also taken part in Mowbray poll on twitter and facebook. 

A ten second chant from around 150 fans. 

I didn't hear any Mowbray out chants during the game which I didnt

I do get frustrated during games but that's part and parcel of football. I don't like Gallagher out wide but throughout my time as a Rovers fan I don't always agree with the manager's decision or team selection whether it was Souness or Hughes or Allardyce or Bowyer or Appleton. 

on our transfer policy, Yes I was disappointed we didn't get Jansson in the summer when he was available. They has been over the 18 months Players signed for other teams that I wish we sign here. Players like Matt Smith, Luke Freeman, Jansson, Byram, Douglas, Ezri Konsa, Jake Cooper, Jordan Jones, etc. We have suggested players we would have to sign here if we were in charge

You wanted Mowbray out! What's changed for you? The standard of football? The Ewood experience?

• Like 1

It was way more than 150 fans and you know that chaddy.

Does it mean those singing it and the Ewood crowd generally want him sacked? No, but it is showing they aren’t particularly impressed with the way things are panning out.

As always with Rovers fans the real way they’ll show their dissent is by not bothering going next season.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, white boy said:

i only heard clapping my friend

Fair enough, some on here have said the same, others on here who were sat near me have agreed with me. I'm not for one moment saying it was widespread, and I saw many clapping too who I'm sure would have been as appalled as me at the actions of those who jeered.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It was way more than 150 fans and you know that chaddy.

Does it mean those singing it and the Ewood crowd generally want him sacked? No, but it is showing they aren’t particularly impressed with the way things are panning out.

As always with Rovers fans the real way they’ll show their dissent is by not bothering going next season.

I don't know how many fans it was tbh. I sit in the middle of Blackburn End Row 13 and no one said it around me. I imagined it came from the fans who stand in the Blackburn end towards the Jack Walker stand. 

Was I happy seeing Gallagher wide? no I am but He show plenty of effort and commitment. And that's what I expect even if not your best role.