BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brum FA Cup

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

You can leave off with the I’m scared of who they would appoint and records in league one, we have heard it and quite honestly nobody cares anymore, we are looking to the future, you can remain in the past

By definition the facts are in the past but if you live your life ignoring them then that is up to you

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

You want  Mowbray fired as an act of revenge or some kind of punishment beating. If FFP is kicking in to hurt us the likes of Chris Hughton are not going to be interested in joining and it doesn't matter who was responsible - if indeed it was Mowbray. Meanwhile the likes of Peter Reid and Iain Dowie get appointed........

You are way over thinking it. I want him sacked because he isn't good at what he is paid to do and for what I have to pay to see. Nothing to do with revenge Mrs Mowbray.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Mowbray deserves sacking for that defending alone. How the fuck was that player allowed to go so far unchallenged in the box. 

Abysmal.

Hear hear. When we squandered our chance in the first half, there were several Birmingham players also involved in keeping the ball out of the net.

A few other random thoughts:

as I approached Spotland earlier today, I noticed one of the coaches which had brought the Newcastle fans south parked near the ground. It presumably belonged to a company called TM Travel (?!), because that was what was shown on its destination board. Wonder how much it'd cost to hire to park leaving that subliminal message outside Ewood before every home game?

Sanchez, the Rochdale keeper, was today's equivalent of our "P.J. Man of the match". He's the other very tall keeper loaned by Brighton; did we get the wrong one? I don't know if Dale borrowed him before we borrowed Walton; but I can't help wondering if the fact that he's Spanish may have influenced our Manager??

As soon as the Birmingham defender was sent off, I texted one of my friends, saying that TM's explanation for our failure to win - even then, I expected only a draw at best - would be that "it's often harder to play against 10 men than 11"!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You are way over thinking it. I want him sacked because he isn't good at what he is paid to do and for what I have to pay to see. Nothing to do with revenge Mrs Mowbray.

Ooh - get you, Mr Witty. He's average at our level; people like you just demand he is fired without addressing all the available evidence that no one any better would want to come here, even if the owners could identify them

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

please tell me you`ve made that up?

I said during the game that if we somehow contrived to lose then his post match presser would be legendary!! The bloke is an utter moron. 
so too much possession for that team you were trying to turn into a .... possession based team??? 
feck off man you are insulting our intelligence . Just get your coat and retire to the bloody north east .

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Ooh - get you, Mr Witty. He's average at our level; people like you just demand he is fired without addressing all the available evidence that no one any better would want to come here, even if the owners could identify them

Well Mr Wind-Up, Neil Warnock wanted to come to Ewood and he's certainly better than any we've had since Sam Allardyce. 

• Like 5

despite the fact that mowbray should do the honourable thing and f**k off now,hwe have to accept the fact the only way he`s heading for the exit is if he decides to leave on his own accord,he`s surrounded himself with yes men and young players who won`t rebel,it`s highly improbable the club captain,his pet dog bennett,is going upstairs to say "the manager has lost and the lads think he should be sacked"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Lambert made sure he had a release clause in his contract if working for Venkys really was as bad as he was told - it was and he walked

By many accounts I've heard from various people involved at Rovers, Lambert was the worst of the worst. 

I personally thought his football was the only type to rival this current shower we watch and was delighted when he took his ball and left (until we hired OC).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Sadly when these owners roll the dice they roll a pair of ones, not a pair of sixes

Yep they do.

I get your point but Mowbray is actually a terrible manager. He's just as likely to take us down than anything else.

He's crippling the club by saddling us with horrendous transfers too. It's looking more likely that under Mowbray, Brereton will end up getting released when his contract is up. 

We desperately need a new manager, one who can start getting something out of these players.

It's a risk because of Venkys track record but we have no other choice but to roll the dice and play the game.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yeah, thanks for that Mr Panicky Poo.  There is a ton of evidence that even though they always do, this time nobody will apply for a job where you can go on numerous winless runs, where you can waste millions, where expectations from fans are horrendously low, where you can even fail to prevent relegation... and your superiors don't get rid of you.

Sounds a nightmare.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're floundering worse that Tony now in your attempts to wind people up and I don't know why I'm wasting my time replying. 

However I want him fired because amongst other things, his transfer dealings are appalling, his results aren't good enough, the football we play is dire and in my opinion he'll take us back down if not this season then  the next or the one after that.

How is that wanting "a revenge" sacking? Revenge for what?

Who do you think would come here who is better ? My view is no one and the likelihood is it would be someone worse.

I assure you I do not post on here to wind people up. I'm posting a minority view but as we live in the UK and not North Korea that is still allowed.

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He didn't come and won't be coming now so this is irrelevant - although I completely agree with you that he would have been the best since Sam

He's not working at the moment as far as I know - so it is very relevant, though whether he would want to come after being stupidly snubbed by the club is another matter.

Keep the nonsense coming - it's on a par with the rubbish Mowbray spouts

• Like 3

Who do you think would come here who is better ? My view is no one and the likelihood is it would be someone worse.

I assure you I do not post on here to wind people up. I'm posting a minority view but as we live in the UK and not North Korea that is still allowed.

I'd honestly say many managers would be be better at this point. He looks out of ideas and motivation.

The feeling among many fans is Mowbray has run his course. The club is going nowhere under him - expect possibly down again. The likelihood is that someone else would get more out of a relatively decent squad. 

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He's not working at the moment as far as I know - so it is very relevant, though whether he would want to come after being stupidly snubbed by the club is another matter.

Keep the nonsense coming - it's on a par with the rubbish Mowbray spouts

There's also the thought you know, we could approach a manager we want whose working. 

If it had been a month or so ago I'd have done Rowett - if you'd go to Millwall, you'd go to us. Grayson is another choice of mine. 

But here's the rub: they're not good enough TMs fanbase cry. But have any of them:

- gone on such horrific losing runs

- played so many players out of position where they are struggling

- had such an unbalanced squad

- wasted so much on transfers? 

I'd say no which is why it is time to go. Oh and since this is the match day topic  not the TM thread - not beating 10 men - woeful and embarrassing. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

You can't say that m bloody Mowbray was on the scrap heap when he was brought in he'd just failed to win ten on the bounce and gone from Coventry before he was sacked.

On paper it was another dire, desperate appointment. No doubt the next would be but sometimes the dice just has to role although i'd prefer a Lambert scenario where he hands in his notice before May.

My major concern in any change would be they'd have to sack his pals behind the scenes and start again and that's a bigger uphevel at a club likes this than just changing the guy who runs a floundering first team.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

I had the "pleasure" of watching that tripe today. Is that the usual fayre served up these days? 

Those hoping for the playoffs are deluded. The squad isn't good enough. I saw a lot of what I read on here. 

Keeper is crap. Can't defend. Lightweight midfield, and strikers who can't score. 

• Like 1

As the first half endded I thought to myself is there one really good thing about our team and i could not think of one thing. Them I though what is wrong with the team, answer forwards cannot score the defence cannot defends the midfield cannot boss a game and our keeper cannot save and to end it all a manager who cannot manage a team he has made. Apart from that everything is great lol

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Managers tend to have the skin of a rhinoceros and an unshakeable belief in their own ability. There wouldn't be many out there who didn't think they could sort out most situations, no matter how bad.

As for specific names I couldn't say specifically who would and wouldn't come but there will be up and coming managers in the lower leagues and Europe for whom the Rovers job would be a step up.

As far as more established names are concerned, now that their stock has fallen slightly would the likes of Hughes Pullis and Warnock get much better than the Rovers job? I certainly don't think they'd land Premier League gigs at the moment.

As for your last paragraph, yes, you're entitled to your opinion but if you want to convince me you're not on the wind up you'll have to do considerably better than "We can't replace something that definitely isn't working with something else because it might not work" and your view that the fact that Mowbray has messed up horrifically on transfe dealings is "irrelevant".