1 hour ago, Mike E said:

If you rigidly vote for one party above others regardless of word and deed, you have no interest in politics whatsoever.

That being said, by the wider nature of your posts in general, I suspect that one day in the distant future you'll vote for someone else and claim you never voted Conservative in your life.

Well Mike, you are wrong there! I have interest in politics as I said before so How you can say that is unbelievable and you dont know personally.

I have few books on politics or watch documentaries on former Presidents or Hillary Clinton(currently). Plus I watch some of parliament debate or select committee hearinh

I have been very open to say I am Conservative voter so I wont be claiming anything else Mike. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's an opinion. The hysterical nature of your reply illustrates my point perfectly.

Nah mate, my reply illustrates your arrogance. Especially given this response. To summarise your post - TV and media all left wing bias/nonsenae, written media all right wing bias/nonsense, you can see the truth in the middle. One might suggest your post seems a tad overly confident and a somewhat sweeping statement. 

Good to see you engage with my points on education. Not sure how that counts as hysterical other than it fits your narrative of everyone being unbalanced and Rev being right. 

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Millions after millions people vote for party regarding of policies. Like I said before I aint a swing voter. Just like many other members on this forum. I would vote Conservatives and it would take something for make me not. I don't know how many times I need to say this

By that logic if the Torys become like the Nazi party you are saying you will still vote for them. It's hugely flawed logic.

Also lots of people doing likewise doesn't make something right or isn't a justification. 

Also not sure how you can use the lots of people as a reason to back up your claim because when lots of people thought Cummings had broken the rules you said what most people thought didn't count. You can't pick and choose when lots of people is a valid argument. 

The NHS Funding Bill was a big policy for PM Johnson and in the Conservatives manifesto. The funding is law of the land now. Just like Immigration points based Australia system which I have wanted for many years coming in shortly as law. 2 big polices for the Conservative party

Again this is irrelevant as you state you will vote for the conservatives regardless of what they do. So policies don't matter. They could only let people in with blond hair or support Liverpool  or use a points based system - either way you would vote for them so the policy is pointless. 

Also I wouldn't count on something being either a law or guideline to stop this lot from not doing it. The lockdown laws didn't mean much for Cummings (or driving laws for that matter) whist poroguing parliament was illegal. Working within the law isn't this lots strong suit. Indeed, as I have said repeatedly without it being refuted they have proved rather an untrustworthy bunch. 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have a massive interest in politics. I enjoy watching the commons and watching some of the committee hearings. 

I'd say you have an interest in the conservatives rather than in politics. If the conservatives table a bill rather than making a judgement on whether the bill is good or bad or how it will impact certain people you will cherry pick the headlines that paint conservatives in a good light. Similarly people who only vote labour will cherry pick the things that make the conservatives look evil. So neither side has any interest in actually analysing what goes on in politics. 

Granted there will always be bias depending on your political views when looking at things but you've atleast got to open to the idea that the other side might be better placed to lead the country. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Mike, you are wrong there! I have interest in politics as I said before so How you can say that is unbelievable and you dont know personally.

I have few books on politics or watch documentaries on former Presidents or Hillary Clinton(currently). Plus I watch some of parliament debate or select committee hearinh

I have been very open to say I am Conservative voter so I wont be claiming anything else Mike. 

You said you 'will always vote Conservative'. That means you don't care about politics, as you'll vote for the Conservatives regardless of what they say or do.

A legitimate interest in politics requires an open mind.

I'm not saying it's unique to you, there are people on both sides who do the same (Party Members are particularly odious). But it's not a good thing as a voter to rigidly tie yourself to one party for life.

It belies a lack of adaptability, or ability to see other points of view, and is largely what makes people lean further left or further right than is healthy.

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Also by constantly voting for the same party you're basically letting them tell you how to think. 

Would be interesting to see how many of the "other persuasion" have voted for their "mortal" enemy as well.

My opinion is, keep your local member on a knife edge. Keep them on their toes, don't let them become complacent. Let them know that the seat could swing at the drop of a hat, or a simple mistake.

If you live in a swinging seat, it's amazing how that attracts funding for all sorts of things.

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

If you rigidly vote for one party above others regardless of word and deed, you have no interest in politics whatsoever.

That being said, by the wider nature of your posts in general, I suspect that one day in the distant future you'll vote for someone else and claim you never voted Conservative in your life.

I'd say around the time of the next Labour government.

As I have said before, you support conservatives in the same way you do Rovers. You support every decision made and would never think of supporting another team/party. You will point to and brag about recent results over your rivals. You will defend the manager/party leader despite other supporters wanting them out - until they are shunted out/resign at which point you will agree with the decision.

Political parties are not football teams 

Edited by JacknOry

Good to see a young footballer socially aware and having the confidence to speak out on behalf of the poorest in society

https://news.sky.com/story/its-not-over-yet-labour-adds-to-marcus-rashfords-calls-for-free-school-meals-extension-12007633

But sadly Marcus Rashford is whistling in the wind.

The Tory establishment are highly unlikely to listen to him, let alone act on his heartfelt message, because of the decisive public rejection of "the politics of giving a damn" in the election last year, and the 80-seat majority the British public handed to the party of child poverty.

The government doesn't  see caring about child hunger as a vote-winner, so they'll just ignore it. 

31 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Good to see a young footballer socially aware and having the confidence to speak out on behalf of the poorest in society

https://news.sky.com/story/its-not-over-yet-labour-adds-to-marcus-rashfords-calls-for-free-school-meals-extension-12007633

The Tory establishment are highly unlikely to listen to him, let alone act on his heartfelt message, because of the decisive public rejection of "the politics of giving a damn" in the election last year, and the 80-seat majority the British public handed to the party of child poverty.

The government doesn't  see caring about child hunger as a vote-winner, so they'll just ignore it. 

The last election was purely about brexit. I'd wager atleast one person in the tory party will be aware of that. Would be surprised if cummings wasnt aware, he's abhorrent but not stupid. With that in mind I think what Rashford is campaigning for will resonate with a lot of northern voters that they won purely on the promise of brexit. It could be very dangerous for them to ignore it. 

Edited by RoverDom
35 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

As I have said before, you support conservatives in the same way you do Rovers. You support every decision made and would never think of supporting another team/party. You will point to and brag about recent results over your rivals. You will defend the manager/party leader despite other supporters wanting them out - until they are shunted out/resign at which point you will agree with the decision.

Political parties are not football teams 

well you are wrong on these points. 

I think the Government should have Year 9 children back for 4 to 5 weeks before the summer break. So they can prepare for the GCSE and make a start on their subjects. I also think that we should have summer schools for pupils who don't have access to laptops or lack of internet access at home so they don't fall behind and struggle with the workload when they go back in September. 3 or 4 lessons per day including a meal at school. Also Social interacting is key aswell which millions of Children are missing out on daily. 

Also it is yourself who is bringing football teams into this debate not myself. Clearly you have a problem that I am not a swing voter. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well you are wrong on these points. 

I think the Government should have Year 9 children back for 4 to 5 weeks before the summer break. So they can prepare for the GCSE and make a start on their subjects. I also think that we should have summer schools for pupils who don't have access to laptops or lack of internet access at home so they don't fall behind and struggle with the workload when they go back in September. 3 or 4 lessons per day including a meal at school. Also Social interacting is key aswell which millions of Children are missing out on daily. 

Also it is yourself who is bringing football teams into this debate not myself. Clearly you have a problem that I am not a swing voter. 

Genuine question. Have you ever done one of those online tests where they ask your views on a range of topics and there is say 6 policies up on screen each from a different political party but you dont know which policy is from which party. You then have to pick which policies you agree with and how strongly etc. At the end of the test it shows you which party you're most aligned to. 

Have you ever done one of them, if so what result did you get? 

44 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Just 44 minutes for you to be contradicted Jim - the Government has just caved in. In reality there were far too many Tory MPs lining up to criticise.

17 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Genuine question. Have you ever done one of those online tests where they ask your views on a range of topics and there is say 6 policies up on screen each from a different political party but you dont know which policy is from which party. You then have to pick which policies you agree with and how strongly etc. At the end of the test it shows you which party you're most aligned to. 

Have you ever done one of them, if so what result did you get? 

Yes I did. I posted my results on here at the time. I will find it for you and post the link to result. 

here is the link to my results which was in the Election thread

Edited by chaddyrovers

Another Government U-turn thanks to the new leader of the opposition Marcus Rashford. Do the government do no thinking before they make these decision that within a matter of hours they role back on. I've never seen a government with such a large majority look so weak and they are getting weaker all the time. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Boris Johnson today dramatically U-turned over giving disadvantaged children free school meals over the summer after a string of Tory MPs backed calls from Marcus Rashford. Some Tory backbench MP's threaten to vote against him. 

https://mol.im/a/8424979

Well done Marcus Rashford. As someone who has tried to do something about child poverty my whole career I really appreciate what he has done here. There is no doubt in my mind that the timing (a perfect storm really, with all the things going on at the moment, I'm sure I don't need to spell it out!) helped him enormously in terms of him being listened to, but nonetheless he has massively gone up in my estimation.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Just 44 minutes for you to be contradicted Jim - the Government has just caved in. In reality there were far too many Tory MPs lining up to criticise.

They did a U-turn because of a high profile footballer.

If  Labour has been calling for it there's no way they'd have caved in.

Pure populism by the government ..... and the fact they were contemplating it shows they're a heartless, nasty bunch.