Starmer is playing with him like a cat playing with a dead mouse. The initial question about councils allowing Johnson to boast about injecting 3.2m lulling him into a false sense of security. Only for Starmer to come back with a list of tory bodies and councils who have said it's no where near enough. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Do you ever turn your tax notice over and see the minute % that goes in foreign aid? Of course some is misused by government. All governments misuse money. They buy things they dont need, start projects they cant or dont finish and so on. India may not need rockets in space but a lot of our technological advances come from the research that goes into those projects and a lot of peoples livelihoods depend on the jobs they create. It's not black and white. There are infinite nuances, advantages to be weighed against disadvantages, and to simply state we give India money, they spend money on space probes, therefore we shouldn't give them money is simplistic to say the least.

Sorry we should be spending the foriegn aid budget better..

25 million on Ants project in Kenya. Think about investing that money into their schools or college would serve them better. 

Just now, RoverDom said:

Starmer is playing with him like a cat playing with a dead mouse. The initial question about councils allowing Johnson to boast about injecting 3.2m lulling him into a false sense of security. Only for Starmer to come back with a list of tory bodies and councils who have said it's no where near enough. 

And it was clear to everybody that Johnson just hadn't read any of the reports Starmer alluded to. He really is winging it. And his little nodding dog beside him tries to play up to Johnson's faux comedy.

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And it was clear to everybody that Johnson just hadn't read any of the reports Starmer alluded to. He really is winging it. And his little nodding dog beside him tries to play up to Johnson's faux comedy.

Absolutely. And the constantly asking if it's safe to go back to school was just embarrassing. Starmer isnt in charge Johnson is, I quite liked his offer to switch places. 

Conservative MP Bim Afolami sets out 10 transformative policies for Britain after the Coronavirus crisis to restart the economy. 

https://www.smf.co.uk/publications/unlocking-Britain/

James Kirkup, SMF Director, said: 

“We will need new economic thinking to get us out of the Coronavirus recession and the idea of governments investing in companies to support the recovery should be studied carefully.

“A sensible economic partnership between the state and the private sector is something people of all parties should embrace. So too is a stakeholder economy where ownership is spread more widely.”

“This report’s ideas on what more private schools can do to support children from state schools whose learning has been disrupted also deserve attention. The long shutdown of schools will widen educational inequality, and much more should be done to address that.”

https://www.smf.co.uk/treasury-should-take-15bn-stake-in-british-business-then-sell-it-to-the-public/

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry we should be spending the foriegn aid budget better..

25 million on Ants project in Kenya. Think about investing that money into their schools or college would serve them better. 

We know what it should be spent on but once we give them the money, its theirs. If someone gives you a gift to help with your mortgage, theres nothing to stop you blowing it in something else less essential. The sensible choice would be to do what it's intended for and most people would, but some wont. So it is with governments too.

41 minutes ago, gumboots said:

We know what it should be spent on but once we give them the money, its theirs. If someone gives you a gift to help with your mortgage, theres nothing to stop you blowing it in something else less essential. The sensible choice would be to do what it's intended for and most people would, but some wont. So it is with governments too.

Well my bank did give me help with mortgage by giving me 3 months mortgage holiday due to me being furlough by my work. So I have invest that money in the house by redecorating the kitchen, bathroom and children bathroom. 

I agree with your point that before we give money to any country we want to know what you will use it for. If you cant provide us with that information then you shouldn't get the funding

Edited by chaddyrovers

I find it unbelievable that Starmer has had to stand up for LCC (a Conservative-led council) against the Conservative Government.

Enjoyed Speaker addressing Starmer as Prime Minister ?

Edited by Mike E

A very weak show again from Starmer. An effective leader would be hammering this clown and the negligent government that he leads every week. As for Johnson if he is so desperate for kids to get back to school why doesn't he show some leadership and send all school kids back.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Johnson making a fool of himself in PMQ's. Instead of answering direct questions he responds by asking Starmer about schools going back five times out of six questions, none of which were about schools.

He's a national embarrassment.

But Starmer wont answer the question are Schools are safe to return? Wonder why ?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But Starmer wont answer the question are Schools are safe to return? Wonder why ?

Is it not called Prime Ministers Questions? And if the Johnson is so desperate for kids to get back to school why doesn't he show some leadership and send them back, instead of continually dithering? 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why should he, it called Prime Minister's Questions. He clearly didn't have the answers to the questions he was asked and was trying to deflect from that by turning the tables. 

At last week's PMQ's Starmer held up a letter he had sent to Johnson two weeks earlier offering help to get kids back to school. His point then was that he hadn't even had the courtesy of a reply. If Johnson had taken up the offer he wouldn't have had to repeat himself five times.

Poor behaviour from a so called leader.

Edited by arbitro
  • Moderation Lead
16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How would he know? He’s not the PM.

When is Johnson going to held to account by the standards and ethics committee for continually bare-faced lying to parliament?

Starmer pointed out that the Social Mobility Commission found that child poverty has risen by 600,000 since 2012, and that the SMC are projecting another dramatic rise in child poverty over the coming years.

Johnson then pretended that the 600,000 increase hasn't happened, dismissing it as an "anticipated rise" rather than something that's already happened.

Yesterday's lie was that he'd never even heard of the campaign to feed kids over the summer, even though he'd officially acknowledged the campaign the day before, when he rejected it!

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So the great boris Johnson with an 80 seat majority needs the ok from starmer before he sends schools back? 

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

That's not in the vast majority of cases how it works gumboots. We don't just give other countries money to spend how they want. Having been involved with a development charity for 38 years I know a bit about how aid works. The recipient country (or organisation inside that country) will draw up a proposal for a project which will need to be fully costed with achievable timescales. DfID might well be helping to steer and encouraging the projects but the impetus needs to come from the recipient. I would expect projects right now to need to be compliant with at least one of the UN's development goals.

Then, if approved, the money is allocated and monitored regularly. Of course, like business both private and public in the UK stuff goes wrong, money is misspent, circumstances change, the plans don't work etc. But the majority of the money is delivered against the project.

It's encouraging to hear Johnson say that the 0.7% of GDP target will continue to be met, but what he hasn't said is where it will be spent. It sounds to me like the money will shift towards projects designed to help our economic interests rather than being driven by need, which would be a terribly negative move.

Right to answer the question from several different posters. PM Johnson has said that it is safe for schools to return. But Starmer wont say anything and wouldnt answer the question. Just like the Brexit 1 year extension that the Lib Dem has purpose. 

Yes Johnson didnt answer about council funding and Lancashire council leader comments. Yes they given extra funding to councils around the UK. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Right to answer the question from several different posters. PM Johnson has said that it is safe for schools to return. But Starmer wont say anything and wouldnt answer the question. Just like the Brexit 1 year extension that the Lib Dem has purpose. 

Yes Johnson didnt answer about council funding and Lancashire council leader comments. Yes they given extra funding to councils around the UK. 

Starmer offered to help with the Shadow Education Secretary three weeks ago but was ignored. He has proof in a letter that didn't even merit the courtesy of a reply. And to reiterate PMQ's is not the forum for an opposition leading to be asked questions.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

That's not in the vast majority of cases how it works gumboots. We don't just give other countries money to spend how they want. Having been involved with a development charity for 38 years I know a bit about how aid works. The recipient country (or organisation inside that country) will draw up a proposal for a project which will need to be fully costed with achievable timescales. DfID might well be helping to steer and encouraging the projects but the impetus needs to come from the recipient. I would expect projects right now to need to be compliant with at least one of the UN's development goals.

Then, if approved, the money is allocated and monitored regularly. Of course, like business both private and public in the UK stuff goes wrong, money is misspent, circumstances change, the plans don't work etc. But the majority of the money is delivered against the project.

It's encouraging to hear Johnson say that the 0.7% of GDP target will continue to be met, but what he hasn't said is where it will be spent. It sounds to me like the money will shift towards projects designed to help our economic interests rather than being driven by need, which would be a terribly negative move.

So India sending rockets into space is not connected to the aid we give? (not being snarky, honest question)

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Yes I appreciate that but within that framework I suspect there is still a lot that doesnt go quite where it should when it should especially on money from government for big projects.