• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, philipl said:

. The United Kingdom’s Department for International Development is widely recognized as the most effective development agency in the world.

The elitist liar has been wanting to close DfiD for a long time

https://www.ft.com/content/03bb726a-157d-11e9-a581-4ff78404524e

Cameron, Blair and Brown have condemned the move but the right wing of the Tory party has won again. Dfid was set up in a previous guise by Harold Wilson, abolished by Thatcher, resurrected by New Labour and has now been abolished by the Tories for a second time. Everything they do diminishes this country

Edited by jim mk2
5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The elitist liar has been wanting to close DfiD for a long time

https://www.ft.com/content/03bb726a-157d-11e9-a581-4ff78404524e

Cameron, Blair and Brown have condemned the move but the right wing of the Tory party has won again. Dfid was set up in a previous guise by Harold Wilson, abolished by Thatcher, resurrected by New Labour and has now been abolished by the Tories for a second time. Everything they do diminishes this country

I detect the hand of Cummings behind this latest stupidity.

That's the problem with this taking a knee thing, people are interpreting it wrong. 

Mainly due to a lack of knowledge of NFL IMO. Understandable really, it is a predominantly US followed sport. 

The way I see it in NFL terms,  taking a knee means either "stop the clock" or "finish the game". 

So if you translate that to BLM, it's a symbolic gesture of "stop" and/or "finish" racism. 

But people round the World are seeing pictures of groups of white people taking the knee in front of groups of black people. And associating that with "bowing down" to or apologising to them.

I see it as them taking the knee in agreement that yes, we need to "stop the clock" on this BS.

Basically, the exact opposite of Game of Thrones - which does mean I bow down to you, I am now your servant.

That's my reading of the confusion on the situation anyway. But you would have hoped a senior politician would be better educated on a Worldwide, highly topical, movement. 

No one is asking anyone to bow down to anyone else.

Edit: Just realised the knee doesn't stop the clock, it stops the play. But point still stands, the word "stop" is the relevant part. 

Edited by Silas
On 17/06/2020 at 10:58, chaddyrovers said:

The point which you yourself overlook is why are giving them aid when they spending 100 million on Space probe which went to the moon? We shouldn't be is the simple answer. 

Don't forget that India recently wasted a reported £330 MILLION on a massive racist statue. ?

Edited by Husky
Just now, Silas said:

The way I see it in NFL terms,  taking a knee means either "stop the clock" or "finish the game". 

From PA

Colin Kaepernick, a major National Football League quarterback, catalysed a protest movement over police brutality in the US by kneeling during the national anthem in 2016.

The action inspired hundreds of players to kneel, lock arms or raise their fists in protest at social inequality and police violence against unarmed black people.  

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

From PA

Colin Kaepernick, a major National Football League quarterback, catalysed a protest movement over police brutality in the US by kneeling during the national anthem in 2016.

The action inspired hundreds of players to kneel, lock arms or raise their fists in protest at social inequality and police violence against unarmed black people.  

And whilst the whole World is now following suit, everyone seems to have forgotten that Kaepernick was basically fired, made an outcast, and has not worked as a professional sportsman since. 

He's 32 now, so 4 years of his peak career this has cost him. 

Just now, Silas said:

And whilst the whole World is now following suit, everyone seems to have forgotten that Kaepernick was basically fired, made an outcast, and has not worked as a professional sportsman since. 

He's 32 now, so 4 years of his peak career this has cost him. 

....proving that the US is still largely a racist shithole. 

On 13/06/2020 at 20:21, philipl said:

image.thumb.png.8f22217775f76a2770f09d86b21cdb9d.png

I've been waiting for the dust to settle on this one and for the mainstream media to prove that they are not indeed the No.1 enemy of the free people. But, there's something that doesn't quite sit right.

It seems like more than half the story is missing. The free people of Britain need to know the answers to the following important questions:

Why exactly did this poor white man's life need saving? And from whom?

Additionally you can be sure that if indeed the poor white man whose life needed saving (for some seemingly unknown reason) was in fact a 'member of the far-right' as has been constantly reported. Then the mainstream media would have loved nothing more than to show proof - photos of this man posing in front of Combat 18 flags or a story from a shopkeeper that he once bought ‘Love Thy Neighbour' on video perhaps? And believe me they have been doing their digging. But so far NOTHING! Why?

Anyone?

Edited by Husky

For the first question, assuming the injured man was a EDL type, it could have been anyone who attacked him. They often fight each other as well as 'PC leftards' after a few too many Carlings.

For the second question, that is an interesting point. If we knew his name, there probably would have been some talk of his past. 

The white guy is 55 years old Bryn Male. A member of the English Defence League and a former British Transport Police Officer.

Off screen to the right is a running melee of Black Lives Matter and Police facing an EDL phalanx which was advancing.

Male had apparently broken through but got knocked unconscious in the process and was lying in the gutter with the fighting moving towards his body.

In other shots you can see the back of the head of a Rastafarian who apparently had stepped forward to try to protect Male.

Patrick Hutchinson and three friends went to support the Rastafarian whom they didn't know and while his friends fended off the fighting which was on top of them Hutchinson scooped up Male and carried him out of harm's way and left him with Police at the side of the road.

They didn't think anything of it and never spoke with Male.

Then the press photo went all over the world...

Hutchinson is a 49 year old athletics coach.

Edited by philipl
1 hour ago, philipl said:

Patrick Hutchinson and three friends went to support the Rastafarian whom they didn't know .....

Hutchinson and his friends were there as security for the BLM protest.

They are fairly handy lads (all martial arts trained to a high level), and as the older generation at 49, wanted to go along and try and keep everyone safe, particularly some of the youngsters.

Doesn't change the narrative,  but an interesting angle to the story.

This idea that they stopped their protest to help Male is wrong. 

They were there to do a job on the day. Just ironically,  they ended up helping the other side, instead of protecting their own as planned. 

On 17/06/2020 at 16:46, gumboots said:

Yes I appreciate that but within that framework I suspect there is still a lot that doesnt go quite where it should when it should especially on money from government for big projects.

The foreign aid scenario runs something like this.

Say your mate asks you for a tenner for food. Then later you see the same mate down the pub on their third pint and you ask

"Hey I thought you needed that tenner for food?" to which they respond

"Yeah, I did, I spent that tenner on food!"

47 minutes ago, Husky said:

The foreign aid scenario runs something like this.

Say your mate asks you for a tenner for food. Then later you see the same mate down the pub on their third pint and you ask

"Hey I thought you needed that tenner for food?" to which they respond

"Yeah, I did, I spent that tenner on food!"

DfiD largely sorted this out which made them global leaders

But hey ho, Britain hates being the best.

9 hours ago, philipl said:

The white guy is 55 years old Bryn Male. A member of the English Defence League and a former British Transport Police Officer.

Off screen to the right is a running melee of Black Lives Matter and Police facing an EDL phalanx which was advancing.

Male had apparently broken through but got knocked unconscious in the process and was lying in the gutter with the fighting moving towards his body.

In other shots you can see the back of the head of a Rastafarian who apparently had stepped forward to try to protect Male.

Patrick Hutchinson and three friends went to support the Rastafarian whom they didn't know and while his friends fended off the fighting which was on top of them Hutchinson scooped up Male and carried him out of harm's way and left him with Police at the side of the road.

They didn't think anything of it and never spoke with Male.

Then the press photo went all over the world...

Hutchinson is a 49 year old athletics coach.

As my original reply was deleted.

I'll just simply say That's all just a pack of lies.

Edited by Husky
8 hours ago, Silas said:

Hutchinson and his friends were there as security for the BLM protest.

They are fairly handy lads (all martial arts trained to a high level), and as the older generation at 49, wanted to go along and try and keep everyone safe, particularly some of the youngsters.

Doesn't change the narrative,  but an interesting angle to the story.

This idea that they stopped their protest to help Male is wrong. 

They were there to do a job on the day. Just ironically,  they ended up helping the other side, instead of protecting their own as planned. 

That may explain those gloves he has on. They look like they could do some damage whilst protecting his own knuckles.

Though I'm not sure about that black SS style nazi hat his 'mate' is wearing. Rather fitting perhaps? ?

Edited by Husky
4 hours ago, Husky said:

As my original reply was deleted.

I'll just simply say That's all just a pack of lies.

There were so many cameras at the event (what is the Policewoman on the left doing?) and now before and after pictures in circulation that you can fantasise all you want but it seems to stack up.

10 hours ago, Husky said:

That may explain those gloves he has on. They look like they could do some damage whilst protecting his own knuckles.

Though I'm not sure about that black SS style nazi hat his 'mate' is wearing. Rather fitting perhaps? ?

I wouldn't suffer in silence if I were you. You can still get treatment on the NHS if you're suffering from the effects the virus is having on your mental health.